Magic bands

They don't use magic bands at Aulani like they do at the other Disney resorts. Everyday you get a different color plastic bracelet for access to the pool area but it is not a magic band. Still use a key card for opening your room, charging to your room and entry/exit to parking garage. By the way parking is free for DVC but $37 a day for all others, like non DVC staying in the hotel portion!

They don't use magic bands at Aulani like they do at the other Disney resorts. Everyday you get a different color plastic bracelet for access to the pool area but it is not a magic band. Still use a key card for opening your room, charging to your room and entry/exit to parking garage. By the way parking is free for DVC but $37 a day for all others, like non DVC staying in the hotel portion!

According to a recent trip report I just read, they use Magic Bands for the kids club...and they charge for them if you don't return them. I am wondering if I can just bring some of the many bands that my kids already have for use instead. One less hassle remembering to turn them in the night before we leave.

They DO use magic bands for Aunty's (green Stitch ones) - the daily pool bands are separate and not interchangable (the kid's Aunty's band does not work for pool access and vice versa). You are charged for the bands when they issue them and as long as you save your receipt, or a picture of your receipt, you get a full refund when you turn them back in. I honestly have no idea if you can use magic bands from WDW - I didn't see any kids with a different band other than the Stitch ones. I would call Aulani and ask.

If they're anything like the DCL kids club bands, I would guess they are not actually magic bands - just bands using the same technology. The DCL kids club uses magic band technology for the kids club bands - but they don't have them linked to My Disney Experience or park tickets or anything - it's a separate system.

I was across the street at the golf course this am, and went into Aulani to see if they had Magic Bands for sale for a trip I was taking to WDW next month (they didn't). The people in the gift shop said they are "most likely" coming in Q1 or Q2 2019. They just finished making the room doors RFID capable, and made the gift shop registers "room key touch" compatible. They would not be surprised if resort wide bands were coming soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter