Magic bands

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
Ok can someone give me the how to.
I've read all of the articles that pop up in my FB newsfeed but still have no clue how all of this works...
Will they give my DS2 one? Will our photo pass be on thee?
What is all of this linking stuff?
I have the Disney experience app...and for as many times as I've been to Disney I feel very unexperienced....HELP

I am with you. I have been going to Disney for years and am a DVC member but when it comes to magic bands and FP+ I am so confused. We are going in Dec. (12/20-12/27) staying at BWV. I know we qualify for magic bands but how do I get them? When can I start to make FP+ reservations. Right now I don't have park passes, we were going to buy AP passes when we get there, do I have to have passes to make FP+ reservations? Hope someone can help.

I know we qualify for magic bands but how do I get them?

You have to log onto My Disney Experience and add your reservation # to your account. Then at about the 30-45 day mark, the MB option should appear.

When can I start to make FP+ reservations.

If you have tickets linked to your MDE account, FP+ becomes available around 60 days out.

do I have to have passes to make FP+ reservations?

Yes.

I will add that I read of one family where at check-in, they gave one to the 2 year old, just for fun. Nothing will be attached to it...but if they have older siblings, no doubt they will want to get in on the fun.

I wouldn't promise anything, but go in optimistic.

We are going in a week and they mailed my two year old a band. I got to pick her color and everything online while picking ours.

No, they're only for those who would need a ticket. Three years and up.

Not at this time. Might be a feature in the future.

You can link your tickets, dining reservations, and resort reservation so they are all visible using MDE.

You have to log onto My Disney Experience and add your reservation # to your account. Then at about the 30-45 day mark, the MB option should appear.

If you have tickets linked to your MDE account, FP+ becomes available around 60 days out.

Yes.

dansdad...can you write me a how to???:wizard:

We just got back, and our photo pass was in or bands. We were never given a photo pass card. They just started scanning our bands. All the pictures showed up on the mydisneyexperience website.

It's nice not having to reach for your card anymore.

Though this may not apply when you go...we leave 10/31 for the GF...we are DVC members who traded points for a last minute vacation (literally booked in less than six weeks)...I received a mail request that said we were eligible for FP+ a week later and an email request after that and ordered our bracelets! From what I am reading it looks like they are still working out the kinks...That's why it's a test system...Good luck and I hope things work out for you!

I am all linked on my disney experience and no mention of magic bands anywhere. We aren't going until March. Is that why I don't see it?

I am all linked on my disney experience and no mention of magic bands anywhere. We aren't going until March. Is that why I don't see it?

We are going in April and no mention either? We booked a 6 night/7 day ticket but there are no tickets linked to the account? Just wondering when they show up? I know we wre a long way out...

Since I posted last week a few things have happened. I was given access to customize my magic bands on Saturday which was at about day 63 from our trip. Then at day 60 I was able to do online check in and book FP+ events. I did have to call and purchase my APs and then used the voucher to attached to My Disney Experience so I could use FP+. Any issues I had I called DVC members services and they were able to help me or walk me through it. Good luck everyone.

I will add that I read of one family where at check-in, they gave one to the 2 year old, just for fun. Nothing will be attached to it...but if they have older siblings, no doubt they will want to get in on the fun. I wouldn't promise anything, but go in optimistic.

We are going on Nov 15, and just got our MBs last week. My 2 year old received one.

Ok can someone give me the how to. I've read all of the articles that pop up in my FB newsfeed but still have no clue how all of this works... Will they give my DS2 one? Will our photo pass be on thee? What is all of this linking stuff? I have the Disney experience app...and for as many times as I've been to Disney I feel very unexperienced....HELP

Ours arrived last week and my 22 month old daughter has one.

I had a deadline of 10/11 got them on 10/14 via UPS for me & wifey quick trip on Nov.10

20131014_084208_zpsee66d8db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20131014_084232_zps7c1d6460.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So we rented DVC points and have a split stay (same room) since we had to rent from 2 different members to get the points we needed. . .. we are getting 2 sets of bands for the 6 of us including one for the 16 month old. . . hopefully, we can connect everything to one set of bands and only have the second set as a back up in case of "misplacement" of a band. From what I understand, you can reuse the bands on your future trips . . . :)

I have annual passes and I have magic bands and a reservation starting tomorrow.

How do I link my APs for me and my DH to our reservation? I can't do Fast Pass+ because our tickets (AP) are not linked, I guess.

Actually, they gave one to my 8 month old granddaughter. We didn't use it, but it sure looked cute on her!

I believe anyone that is listed in your room is eligible for MBs. From my understanding there is no direct correlation to MBs and park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter