Magic band questions....

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by AmiAlice, Jul 17, 2017.

1. AmiAlice

AmiAlice Earning My Ears

My boyfriend and I are landing in Orlando at 415pm from the UK. After checking in to our hotel we plan on going to Disney Springs and getting some dinner aswell as a couple of magic bands and get them linked to our accounts. Is there somewhere in DS that links the bands and tickets. Or do we have to do it at a ticket booth at a park?

2. Fangorn

Fangorn Mouseketeer

Nothing is actually linked to your magic band. Everything is instead, linked to your MDE account. The band is merely a means to access your account.

If you're staying at a Disney resort, you'll get a MB at check in (since you're international). If you're staying off property, you can purchase MBs at Disney Springs (World of Disney in particular). You can link the band to your account yourself, or they can do it for you at the time of purchase. You don't have to go anywhere special to do it.

Steve

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

As of 6/27/2017, the CM will no longer activate or link a MagicBand for the purchaser. All retail MagicBands sold will automatically be in a "Link it Now" (formerly called "Link it Later") state and the purchaser will link them manually using MDE.

Fangorn likes this.
  5. Fangorn

Fangorn Mouseketeer

Thanks for that info.

Steve

6. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

To add, it is very simple to add a Magic Band to your MDE account. Just make sure you have the app installed. There is WiFi in all the parks and Disney Springs.

7. AmiAlice

AmiAlice Earning My Ears

Ohh really? Even if we have paper tickets? I think they are on our MDE, so we just link the band ourself and away we go?

8. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

Yes. So you have paper tickets, and they have a number on them. If that ticket number is linked to your profile in MDE, once you also link a Magic Band to MDE, then you can use that Magic Band to access your tickets. You would have to trade in those paper tickets for RFID cards anyway when you got there, since you must have the RFID to use the tap points for park entry and Fast Passes.

The only difference in a Magic Band and the cards is the long-range capabilities which will let you automatically link ride photos to your PhotoPass account through MDE and for certain rides it is the only way to even see the photos as newer rides don't have the monitors at the end. If you have Memory Maker, a Magic Band is a great investment, but if you don't care about ride photos, you can do pretty much everything else with the ticket card.