Magic Band+ - Kids Disney Account?

Gowdisney

Earning My Ears
My children would like to use Magic Band+ for the bounty hunter game and the statues, but they would like to keep their achievements separate from mine and each other's. Currently they are listed under my profile in MDE and I manage all of their plans so their bands will be linked to my account. Is there any way to keep their achievements separate without creating individual Disney accounts for each of them? So far the only way I can see to accomplish what they want is to create individual accounts for them and then invite them to plan with me. That way their bands and other entitlements will transfer over to their individual accounts, but I could still manage their plans. This would probably work, but seems overly complex.

I’ve been wondering about this too. I created a Disney play account for my 10yr old son (it lets you create one with parents email). Not sure if his band will automatically show up or how this will work though. Curious what others have found out.

For my children over 13, I just created MDE accounts for them and invited them to plan with me and it was straight forward. It took me all day to figure out how to set get it to work with my under 13 son. I'll try to list the steps below as best as I can remember them. In my case, my son has his own phone and wanted to play in his own account on his own phone. This would be different if he wanted to play on my phone or in my account. I downloaded the Disney play app on his phone and created a child account. (It asked for my e-mail to grant permission). I then downloaded the MDE app on his phone and logged in as me. Using my MDE account on his phone, I bluetooth paired his magic band plus with his phone. This assumes his magic band is already linked to your MDE which ours were since we ordered through our resort reservation. If they weren't I'd assume you would need to link them to your MDE account first. Once the MB+ was paired with his phone I went back to his Disney play app on his phone and clicked on either the bounty hunter or the fab 50 game which then wanted you to link a MB+. As soon as you click on them it shows a QR code with instructions to have a parent or guardian scan them with their camera on their phone. I got stuck here for a long time until I realized that I needed to go to my MDE app on my phone and click on profile, then at the top I had to select family and friends, once there I saw his name and when I clicked on it gave me an option to click on a QR code. Once I did that it connected my son on my planning list to my son's Disney play account. It seemed to work as now when I go into his play app it has a connected MB+. I'll know more next week. I hope this helps.

For my children over 13, I just created MDE accounts for them and invited them to plan with me and it was straight forward. It took me all day to figure out how to set get it to work with my under 13 son. I'll try to list the steps below as best as I can remember them. In my case, my son has his own phone and wanted to play in his own account on his own phone. This would be different if he wanted to play on my phone or in my account. I downloaded the Disney play app on his phone and created a child account. (It asked for my e-mail to grant permission). I then downloaded the MDE app on his phone and logged in as me. Using my MDE account on his phone, I bluetooth paired his magic band plus with his phone. This assumes his magic band is already linked to your MDE which ours were since we ordered through our resort reservation. If they weren't I'd assume you would need to link them to your MDE account first. Once the MB+ was paired with his phone I went back to his Disney play app on his phone and clicked on either the bounty hunter or the fab 50 game which then wanted you to link a MB+. As soon as you click on them it shows a QR code with instructions to have a parent or guardian scan them with their camera on their phone. I got stuck here for a long time until I realized that I needed to go to my MDE app on my phone and click on profile, then at the top I had to select family and friends, once there I saw his name and when I clicked on it gave me an option to click on a QR code. Once I did that it connected my son on my planning list to my son's Disney play account. It seemed to work as now when I go into his play app it has a connected MB+. I'll know more next week. I hope this helps.
So this is where I am stuck, how to link my sons MB. I tried entering the code from the QR it gave me in his parks play app into me MDE, then it brought up his name and asked if I wanted to link, but I already have him showing in my MDE and it gave some warning about a duplicate so I didn’t do it. I’m confused as I don’t want to add him to my MDE twice.

So this is where I am stuck, how to link my sons MB. I tried entering the code from the QR it gave me in his parks play app into me MDE, then it brought up his name and asked if I wanted to link, but I already have him showing in my MDE and it gave some warning about a duplicate so I didn’t do it. I’m confused as I don’t want to add him to my MDE twice.
My son was already in my MDE app too. I think when I did it I may have gotten a message about merging the two people? Or maybe it asked me to confirm they were the same? Sorry, I can’t recall the exact message. I was nervous about it too and was very cautious. I don’t want to tell you the wrong thing. Maybe someone else who has done it can chime in.

My son was already in my MDE app too. I think when I did it I may have gotten a message about merging the two people? Or maybe it asked me to confirm they were the same? Sorry, I can’t recall the exact message. I was nervous about it too and was very cautious. I don’t want to tell you the wrong thing. Maybe someone else who has done it can chime in.
Ok I did it and I think it worked! I must have merged the parks play app one with his other account. Now I only show one of him and it doesn’t have the “link magicbands” anymore. So we will see if it works. Thanks for your help as my son for sure will want to have his own profile to play games!

I know this is an older thread but just wanted to say thanks!!

DS has always just used the play Disney app not signed in. I knew the magicband+ would be complicated but your instructions were great!!

I never reported back after our trip last year. The setup described above worked perfectly. Everyone was able to use their own magic band+, on their own devices, in their own accounts to play the bounty hunter game and the statues.

I know this is an older thread but just wanted to say thanks!!

DS has always just used the play Disney app not signed in. I knew the magicband+ would be complicated but your instructions were great!!
Glad it helped. It took a long time to figure out so I wanted to share the knowledge to anyone who needed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter