Made $140 dollars this morning!

lmountford

Mouseketeer
I'm from the UK and we dont really have 'yard sales' as such very often. However in the last decade or so 'car boot sales' have become really popular. I was up really late last night sorting, pricing and loading the car with our accumulated clutter. I was at the boot sale area at 7.30 am this morning and still had to wait while the organisers checked to see if there was room. It was packed! The sun shone all morning ,which is pretty unusual for the UK
:-) Loads of people turned up to buy and by 1 pm I was £80 richer! Well £70 if you allow for the rent, £4 on some used clothing for DD, then £2 on juice and doughnuts. I know if I was a real budget board expert I would have pre-packed a snack but I'm only a newbie :rolleyes1 I am going to change this tomorrow into dollars for our disney trip in October and that way I know I won't fritter it beforehand. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Wow! Good for you! My friend and I contemplated having a yard sale in September (after cancelling original plans for one in May)... but as the time approaches I am losing my enthusiasm. But maybe I just need to think about the $$ ! Good job!...........P

Sounds like what we call a flea market...packing up the car and taking it to a central location, rent space and sell your unwanted wares. Great job on the sales and good for you converting to USD before you're tempted to spend for something else.

Great job! I saw them do a car boot sale on that UK show like Clean Sweep where they go into someones cluttered house and clean it out.

Maggie

p.s. I once did a craft fair. It cost $50 for my table. I made about $25. Plus I purchased 2 baby afghans from the lady who had a table next to me. So, I think you did pretty well!

Great job! I watch alot of BBC America and they show car boot sales all the time on Life Laundry. They look like fun!

very cool!!!

I did a yard sale this weekend and made over $300 for my Disney fund after subtracting my costs.

Car boot sales are like ebay, great, when I remember to focus on selling, not buying. I love the Life Laundry programme, the only thing in oour house that doent need laundering is money :-) Paula Sue $300 is brilliant! Well done!

This is so cool. Our church did something like this last year, rent a parking space for $10, and sell all your stuff out of your trunk (boot). Maybe they will pick up in popularity here in the states. :sunny:

I would love that idea. We only have 1 day in our village we are allowed to have yard sales. It always seems like we have a family or work function that day. It gets annoying. We did have a yard sale at my sisters earlier this summer. I pulled $290 and my sister pulled $320 (ish).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter