Madame Leota - Haunted Mansion

jlima

Beep Beep!
Has anyone noticed any changes to Madam Leota in the Haunted Mansion recently? Just checking!

Since the January refurb her crystal ball now floats around instead of just sitting on the table.

In addition to her floating now, I believe you can see her better. Before it seemed like you had to strain to make out her facial features, but you can really see her well now.

What I heard was the floating rumor; but I guess it's a fact!! Does it just float over the table or all over the room?

Just over the table, but does move around enough to make you scratch your head and try and figure out how its done. I tried and tried but couldn't see any wires or anything.

The floating crystal ball is very cool! I didn't realize this was a recent change (my DH and I went for our first time in February 2005). But, I'll have to say that the effect was awesome!

there is a VERY thin cable connected to the top of Leota's crystal ball ... almost impossible to see

Yes I totally noticed it. I think I liked it the original way. Just staying still. I'm a stickler for tradition. I know boooooring!!

... and you guys have seen the big spider climbing down the web in the ballroom scene, right? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!