Mad Hatter Tea Party~

Sara_in_Wonderland

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am brand new here and this is my first post~ I am getting married October 12th. Sadly, not at Disney though it is going to be a big part of my day. My maid of honor is giving me an Alice in Wonderland Shower. I am looking for some ideas to help her out. I am sure, there have likely been lots of posts on this before so I apologize. If someone could link me to previous threads that would be great! Otherwise Im looking for pics of Alice in Wonderland Showers/Teas. using Google has not been super helpful. Thanks!! xo

Are you looking for pictures or ideas in general?

If you are looking for ideas:
*you could use brightly colored napkins/table cloths,
*random colored/printed tea cups/saucers/tea pots,
*hang chinese lanters
*use mismatched chairs or chair covers with mismatched sashes
*make a large cut cout (plywood or large cardboard) of a teacup

Here are 2 links, although I am not sure if it's the same link as earlier:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1319391&referrerid=&highlight=mad+hatter+bridal+shower

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1443805

We had a Mad Hatter Welcome Brunch a couple weeks ago. The link to the pix is

www.collages.net/disneyweddings
username Creedon Vow Renewal
password 1971

the pix are under breakfast

I did find lots of Alice things out there. Bath and Body Works has Alice themed items that are available online. The Disney Store has a set of mini beanies that would be cute for decorating. They also have coffee mugs.

We got the large Alice/Cheshire Cat plush from Disney store a while ago. I purchased the mugs for favors on the table at disneyshopping.com and Disney store. I filled them with tea sets with Alice from WDW, chocolate covered oreos in bright foil (from TJ Maxx and Marshalls), cute silver tea spoons (also TJ/Marshalls), candy sticks (TJ), and Mickey lollipops.

PICT0001.jpg

Here's a pix of the items inside the mugs. You can see the mugs on the tables in the prof pix--I had Disney assemble them.

I also got bright hats from Oriental Trading---bowler hats and accordion hats (which they forgot to put out) and paper lanterns (which they didn't use) at Michaels craft store or Dollar Tree (can't remember which)

I also made my own invites. Shelley from Impressions sent me one and once I saw it, I thought I could duplicate, so I did.
101_1910-1.jpg

I also did the menus myself based on ones a disbride had posted earlier. I can't find the pix right now but will look this afternoon.

Oh, I also ordered tweedle dee and dum and Queen of hearts hats online for my kids that were cute too.

There are so many great ideas out there. Have fun!

Lisa

Those ideas are adorable! We made similar invites and Im calling to order the mugs today. Perfect favors! Also, LOVE the pics. When we eventually do our Vow Renewal there is no doubt in my mind that Ill have to do an Alice themed brunch there too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter