Macron discussing opening of France to vaccinated Americans... Anyone else see this...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ean-travellers-summer.html#i-5f1974b2631bd9f6
I got this from a friend... I hope that I linked it correctly...

Thoughts on this... ???
People keep forgetting that all these "vaccine passports" being discussed include an option for testing. So I would be fine with this as long as there is a testing option as well for those who can't or won't get the vaccine.

The French President said he foresees at least some tourists returning to Paris if they have been jabbed or have proof of a negative Covid test.

People keep forgetting that all these "vaccine passports" being discussed include an option for testing. So I would be fine with this as long as there is a testing option as well for those who can't or won't get the vaccine.

The French President said he foresees at least some tourists returning to Paris if they have been jabbed or have proof of a negative Covid test.

I'm leaning that it will be proof of vaccine, to allow international travel between the United States and France.. At least in the very beginning... once more countries get to herd immunity and most of the population is vaccinated... Then maybe a negative Covid test will come into play to be able to travel...
A negative Covid test just show the snapshot of that moment... someone could come into contact with some positive and in the days after the test... plus it takes a few days to show up anywhere between 2 and 14 days according to the CDC...

DH and I have had both have been " Jabbed" so we are good to go... Yay...

Last edited:

I'm leaning that it will be proof of vaccine, to allow international travel between the United States and France.. At least in the very beginning... once more countries get to herd immunity and most of the population is vaccinated... Then maybe a negative Covid test will come into play to be able to travel...
A negative Covid test just show the snapshot of that moment... someone could come into contact with some positive and in the days after the test... plus it takes a few days to show up anywhere between 2 and 14 days according to the CDC...

DH and I have had both have been " Jabbed" so we are good to go... Yay...
Well they will definitely have to decide but I don't think they will lean that way personally. Why exclude travelers when they can just test them. Even with the "jab" you can still get COVID (and yes I know we think that you can't spread it if you get it after vaccinated) so who knows what they will do. With all the tourism being hit hard by the pandemic they may just want an option to get as many people to travel as possible and not everyone will get the vaccines.

Well they will definitely have to decide but I don't think they will lean that way personally. Why exclude travelers when they can just test them. Even with the "jab" you can still get COVID (and yes I know we think that you can't spread it if you get it after vaccinated) so who knows what they will do. With all the tourism being hit hard by the pandemic they may just want an option to get as many people to travel as possible and not everyone will get the vaccines.

The cautionary tale was the test cruise out of Barbados on the Sea Dream in Nov 2020. All passengers were tested multiple times before the trip including the day they got on the cruise. A bunch of Americans then went out and partied in South Florida, and got on the cruise the next day. Three days later they test positive. The cruise was cut short and returned to port.

Testing means the day the test was taken they did not have enough COVID markers to test positive. It does not mean they will not test positive in a few days.

Perusing Flyertalk I get the feeling those chomping at the bit to get back to traveling are crawling through glass to get the vaccine. There is a lot of tourism dollars in those eager to get the jab. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if countries limited visitors to those who are fully vaccinated.

The cautionary tale was the test cruise out of Barbados on the Sea Dream in Nov 2020. All passengers were tested multiple times before the trip including the day they got on the cruise. A bunch of Americans then went out and partied in South Florida, and got on the cruise the next day. Three days later they test positive. The cruise was cut short and returned to port.

Testing means the day the test was taken they did not have enough COVID markers to test positive. It does not mean they will not test positive in a few days.

Perusing Flyertalk I get the feeling those chomping at the bit to get back to traveling are crawling through glass to get the vaccine. There is a lot of tourism dollars in those eager to get the jab. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if countries limited visitors to those who are fully vaccinated.
That may be true but cruises are very different than other tourist destinations. It is much easier to spread diseases on ships even before COVID times.

Neither one of us know what will happen when it comes to travel but not everyone is eager to have the vaccines and some just can't or shouldn't have it right now. I hope they have a testing requirement option personally but if they don't they just won't get my dollars... :confused3

But so far nothing that I have read seems to indicate it will be vaccines only. I of course could be wrong but so far the discussion has always included testing as an option as well. Especially since there are a lot of Europeans who won't get the vaccine or who won't have access to a vaccine anytime soon.

That may be true but cruises are very different than other tourist destinations. It is much easier to spread diseases on ships even before COVID times.

Neither one of us know what will happen when it comes to travel but not everyone is eager to have the vaccines and some just can't or shouldn't have it right now. I hope they have a testing requirement option personally but if they don't they just won't get my dollars... :confused3

But so far nothing that I have read seems to indicate it will be vaccines only. I of course could be wrong but so far the discussion has always included testing as an option as well. Especially since there are a lot of Europeans who won't get the vaccine or who won't have access to a vaccine anytime soon.

From the article, the quote from Mr. Macron:
'So we are working hard to propose a very concrete solution, especially for US citizens who are vaccinated, so with a special pass, I would say.'

From the article, the quote from Mr. Macron:
'So we are working hard to propose a very concrete solution, especially for US citizens who are vaccinated, so with a special pass, I would say.'
Also from the article... :confused3

Emmanuel Macron has said he is discussing ways to open France to vaccinated 'American and European' travellers this summer.

He said his government was working on a certificate for travel between European countries but did not make clear if Britain is included.

I was so excited to read that! Now I just need Ireland and the UK to do the same and the planning can commence for summer '22.

I think it is interesting that they're offering a testing option in addition to vaccination. I suppose that's probably meant to keep the door open to families with kids and those with medical needs, but I personally can't imagine sinking the loads of non-refundable money involved in trans-Atlantic travel into a trip that may or may not be possible based on the results of a last-minute test. I would think that would have a serious deterrent factor for the non-vaccinated even if it does open a door for them to be allowed to travel, at least as far as Americans going to France (probably not so much for EU residents). But fortunately, we shouldn't have to worry about that; with a little luck, the 12 to 15 authorization will come next month and even my youngest will be vaccinated in plenty of time for our travels.

That article is from the Daily Mail which is an absolute rag so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. I imagine flights will resume from UK to US first so once we know when that is we can place bets for France and USA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!