Maclaren Twin stroller question :)

Mrs. Charming

I'm not your entertainment, get a life.
So we've got a bun in the oven, and I would like a double stroller even though DD will be 3 when the kiddo is born.

I really like the idea of a Maclaren Twin Techno, I'm not a big fan of the jogging strollers, and I can't stomach spending over $500 for one... that and DH would have my head!

My main question is that the Maclaren website says it's suitable from birth. OK, cool. I saw the regular single Techno has a carseat adapter bar... does the Twin Techno come with it, or can you even buy one separately? I'm wishy-washy on even using the infant seat as a carrier (only a carseat) anyway, so it's not a HUGE problem if not, as long as I can lay the behbeh down flat on his/her back.

Thanks!!

Have you looked into maybe getting one of the tandem strollers. I have seen one that can hold the infant carrier in the front and has a place for an older child to hich a ride on the back.

I have never used one, but I will be getting soon!! One thing, to trim down the cost.. if you order through www.diapers.com they have a 10% off strollers if you are a first time shopper there, and the stroll is less than $300. :thumbsup2

I would stay away from a tandem stroller. I have 10 month old twins, and we have a tandem.. it is HUGE. a real pain in the bootie. It was wonderful when the twins were in infant carriers, but now that they arent, I cant wait to get rid of it.

I think what Maclaren is referring to is that the Techno strollers recline, thereby making it "suitable" from birth. We have the single Techno XT, and I'm not sure it's hearty enough to accommodate a carseat adapter. I think if you have a snuzzler-type accessory, you'd be fine in at Maclaren from a fairly young age with the seat all the way reclined (you may also want to roll up some receiving blankets to put on either side of the bambino to stabilize him/her.

I have never used one, but I will be getting soon!! One thing, to trim down the cost.. if you order through www.diapers.com they have a 10% off strollers if you are a first time shopper there, and the stroll is less than $300. :thumbsup2

I would stay away from a tandem stroller. I have 10 month old twins, and we have a tandem.. it is HUGE. a real pain in the bootie. It was wonderful when the twins were in infant carriers, but now that they arent, I cant wait to get rid of it.

I saw that on Diapers.com, too! I just wish there was somewhere to try the darn thing out in person.

The tandem strollers look SO big and bulky. I can't imagine, they look like you're pushing a tractor trailer!!:lmao:

I think what Maclaren is referring to is that the Techno strollers recline, thereby making it "suitable" from birth. We have the single Techno XT, and I'm not sure it's hearty enough to accommodate a carseat adapter. I think if you have a snuzzler-type accessory, you'd be fine in at Maclaren from a fairly young age with the seat all the way reclined (you may also want to roll up some receiving blankets to put on either side of the bambino to stabilize him/her.

Ahh cool. That's what I was thinking. I really don't want to use the infant seat as a carrier too much, so I think this will work out nicely. They're not that little for long!

Thanks!!

we just got an 08 floor model on ebay from the ebay store seller babyproductstore

We paid 130 and we purchased two mac volos for our trip last sept and we very happy with them.

We will have one 3 month old and a 2 yr old that will ride in the twin and then our 5 yr old will ride in the volo.

Macs are just simply the best strollers we have ever used and we have a garage full of strollers :-)

we just got an 08 floor model on ebay from the ebay store seller babyproductstore

We paid 130 and we purchased two mac volos for our trip last sept and we very happy with them.

We will have one 3 month old and a 2 yr old that will ride in the twin and then our 5 yr old will ride in the volo.

Macs are just simply the best strollers we have ever used and we have a garage full of strollers :-)

I know.. I love them so much. LOL we have a Quest, a Volo, and a Triumph... and I need to add a Twin to the collection. DH thinks I'm nuts.. oh well :) And you can't beat babyproductstore's prices/service.

Thanks!!

We bought the Maclaren Twin when DS1 was born specifically for our Disney trip. He was born at the end of September and we went to Disney the middle of January, so he was about 3 and a half months when he first used it. He was ok in it--not perfect, but a month later, it was great for him. I'm really glad we didn't buy a bigger, bulkier stroller for the handful of times we would have put him in an infant carrier in the stroller. My two oldest are now 3.5 and 5.5 and we still use it when we go to Disney or anywhere that involves a lot of walking. It is great! It fits through standard doorways, manuvers really well and it lightweight (for a double stroller!) Our regular stroller (single) is a Bugaboo with the buggy board on back and the kids prefer the Maclaren and most of the time, I do too. My dd (5.5) is pretty upset she has to give up her spot in the stroller for her new baby brother on our next Disney trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter