Lynx and ECVs

cmwade77

DIS Veteran
I posted this in the disabilities forum and someone suggested that I might get more answers here.

So, we are considering do a day at Sea World (our Sea World San Diego passes give us free admission) and since we are staying at OKW, public transit is an easy ride from Disney Springs to Sea World.

I know all public transit is supposed to be fully accessible; however, in reality some do a better job than others and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using an ECV on the public transit there. If that isn't going to work, we may take a shuttle, but $4 round trip seems a much better value when the travel time is about the same as what a shuttle would take.

This is all I could find on the Lynx website:

"Many customers find the fixed route service is often the best, most economical way for disabled or disadvantaged customers to get to where they need to go. Our fixed route bus system is fully accessible and serves thousands of customers with disabilities and special needs each day."
Source: https://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/riding-lynx/access-lynx/

I tried searching for ECV on the site but the above quote was the only thing I found.

I read almost all the new threads posted in this forum. In the past 3 or 4 years, I don't recall anyone ever asking about the Lynx bus services. Based on that history, I doubt you'll find anyone that's actually used Lynx...let alone someone that's used Lynx with an ECV.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and you'll get a response. If not, you might want to contact Lynx directly.

Contact Information: https://www.golynx.com/contact-us.stml

Also, make sure to check out the bus stop location. Lynx buses pick up from the West Side...out past the Cirque du Soleil theatre. You'll need to take a Disney bus to the main bus area and then go all the way through the West Side to get to the Lynx bus stop.

We are staying at OKW, so we can take the ferry that drops off fairly close to the Disney Springs Super stop, which is where Google maps says the line picks up at.

I have regularly used the Lynx bus but I am able bodied so I have not really paid that much attention to how you embark /disembark but I do know the all have the ramp at the front/back doors - like the Disney bus but maybe slightly narrower . Again I have never seen it in use but assume that, like Disney some of the seats flip up to allow the scooter/wheel chair to be secured. If you google Orlando Lynx bus images you will see the outside which look very similar to the set up of Disney buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter