lunchtime dining room attire

nonzerosum

DIS Veteran
What is the recommended attire for lunch at AP, Parrot Cay and Lumiere's? I know the drill for dinner, but can't seem to find the answer for lunch. Are shorts acceptable?

Just no bathing suits/cover ups (that makes it obvious you are wearing a bathing suit underneath).

Until just recently I never had lunch or breakfast in the dining rooms...always went up to Topsiders....boy what I was missing. Honestly, in 17 cruises I only started having breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms on my last two cruises!!!

MJ

phew!! I am a big rule follower, so I'm glad that I won't be packing lots of unnecessary stuff. Bring on the shorts. Thanks for the info everyone!

Good question. i always wondered this but thought maybe it was not an option...thought you had to get food from the quick service places..

As always I learn so much from the Dis:teacher: .

Just no bathing suits/cover ups (that makes it obvious you are wearing a bathing suit underneath).

Until just recently I never had lunch or breakfast in the dining rooms...always went up to Topsiders....boy what I was missing. Honestly, in 17 cruises I only started having breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms on my last two cruises!!!

MJ

I TOTALLY agree, I would never go to a buffet ever again!!
I love dining rooms, nice service, no carrying food, no lines, nice quiet,relaxed, I can be a bit greedy also so it is perfect for me.
I have even converted my hubby, we cant wait for transatlatic cruise , ah the bliss, the best bit is you sometimes get your regular server, I can just hear Leslie(the wonderfull) now "Ah, Miss Lynne, good moring, then reals off exactly what I was about to tell him I wanted!!!"

I got sidetracked!!! Denim shorts and little top was fine, in fact it was perfect!

What is on the menu's for lunch in the dining rooms? This could be a great alternative on the 7 day. I never even realized you could do this when we were on the 4 day

Parrot Cay has a buffet just like Topsiders but like the embarkation buffet, the servers bring your drinks to you and you are seated before you go up to the buffet. Lumiere's has a small menu. Honestly, we have done this once and won't again. We do not like having to give up that much time in the middle of the day when we are busy having fun. :)

Parrot Cay has a buffet just like Topsiders but like the embarkation buffet, the servers bring your drinks to you and you are seated before you go up to the buffet. Lumiere's has a small menu. Honestly, we have done this once and won't again. We do not like having to give up that much time in the middle of the day when we are busy having fun. :)

how much time does it take? elaborate please ;)

I love lunch at Lumieres. I'm not much of a buffet person nor a fast food type person. The panninis and salad at Goofy's get boring after awhile. I've found that if you ask to hurry up lunch the servers will do their best to move it along. Some folks like a leisurely sit down lunch but if you want it to go faster, just ask.

Lynne - we'll have to have lunch together at Lumiere's on the western repo!!

how much time does it take? elaborate please ;)

I am guessing that it took about an hour for both lunch and dinner in Lumiere's each time we went. If you are seated at a larger table sometimes the server waits for someone else to join you from what I have seen posted but we were seated at a four top so did not have to wait for anyone else.

Slightly off the subject, but I assume that the dining rooms have "children's menus" at lunch?? It is Disney afterall.

Is there any chance of picking up a meal to-go from Lumiere's at lunch time? The food choices look great, but I might prefer to eat it by the pool as I watch the kids.

There is kid food available in the dining rooms at lunch, but I don't recall a separate kid menu. As to how long lunch takes in the dining rooms--about as long as you want it to. Normally about an hour would be a good guess, but on a recent cruise we started talking and took 2 hours!

The only reason I would go buffet is so that I could sit outside, sometimes I ordered room srevice, vegi lasagna and steak chips, mmmmm
and took it up onto deck 9 so i could sit outside.

Took us over an hour last week at Tritons. We had no idea it would take that long. The menu wasn't that great and service was SLOW. I had chips and salsa and they had a pasta bar which quite honestly was tasteless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!