Lunch specials at Restaurant Marrakesh?

Musky

Mouseketeer
I've seen several posts on this board that mention a $14.99 lunch special at Restaurant Marrakesh. I think it's supposed to include appetizer, entree and dessert, if I'm not mistaken. I was wondering if this is something they run all the time? I remember when we were there last (October 2001) they were running a special and there was a woman out front trying to drum up business, but I just assumed that they were suffering a drop in business due to fallout from 9/11 and that this was not something they offered on a regular basis. Now I'm not so sure. I have been trying to decide whether to buy VKL vouchers because I really would like to try this place but don't feel we can afford the prices. However, if they're running a $14.99 special, the vouchers would be a waste of money. We are going in August this year and I was wondering if maybe this is something they just offer in the off-season? Has anyone ever seen them offer this special in the summer? Any info you can give me on this place would be greatly appreciated.

Musky:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We were there last month and there was some type of lunch special being offered. Since we didn't take advantage of it I am not exactly sure what it was but there was a special. I love this place.

I think they have them all the time.

My dh and I each had lunch specials there in the summers of 2002 and 2003. He got ones that had dessert both times -- fruit in rosewater once and a crepe-like thing the other. I got the same thing both times and would highly recommend it: beef brewat roll, chicken bastilla, beef kabob, and couscous. The servings are not as large as the regular menu ones(I guess you would get those with the vouchers), but I found it to be plenty of food.

Interesting...we are doing lunch there in June, and I was thinking of getting the lunch vouchers too, but maybe I'll take my chances on a special.

Tar heel, thanks for the info, but now I'm confused. I keep trying to remember what the special was when we were there, but since we didn't eat there I didn't pay that much attention. I had the impression it was like mix & match, you could pick any entree, etc., all for the same price. But from your post it sounds like you're saying that only certain items on the menu were on special. Is that correct? Can you remember if the special was the same both times you were there, or does it change on a daily basis? Also, can you remember what your husbands entree was, and how much you paid? Sorry to ask so many questions, but the Marrakesh is the only sit down restaurant I'm interested in for this trip, so if I don't need vouchers for it, I don't have to bother with them at all. I need to make a decision! Thanks.

Musky:wave:

This is the listing from Steve Soares' WDW live entertainment site:

Traditional Moroccan music and dance inside Restaurant Marrakesh.
Daily at 12:50, 1:50, 2:50, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00 & 8:10pm
Belly Dancer begins 10 minutes after show begins.
Length of show: 25 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter