Lunch at Kona Cafe 07/01/06

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Kona has never offered a disappointing meal yet. This was our first lunch at Kona.
We walked up at almost noon. They don't start seating until noon. So we just waited a few minutes before being called.
Even by the time we left the place was maybe half full.
I went simple and ordered the Big Kahuna Burger - char-grilled hamburger with my choice of cheddar cheese. (Well done with mushrooms)
Instead of fries I was able to switch for sweet potato chips. mmmmm
DH ate the Polynesian Plate Lunch of Chicken with Peanut Sauce, served with sticky rice and macaroni salad. The macaroni salad looked very good, and he said it was.
He commented how fresh all the veggies tasted.
We both were very pleased.
We just had ice teas to drink. But other tables were getting fancy drinks or milkshakes. And they all looked good. :)
All the food we saw being served looked good too. I don't think you could go wrong at Kona Cafe.
We used the DDE discount card. And what we spent was not that much more than eating at an IHOP. And I think I can say there is no comparison between an IHOP and Kona Cafe food! :rotfl2:
DH was only slightly disappointed we arrived too late for him to order Tonga Toast. :rolleyes:
Another good Kona Cafe meal with good service as usual! :wave:

Sounds good, We are going to be near DTD in a couple of weeks for a conference and it sounds like we may just add a Kona lunch to the plans. :)

We love Kona and we also have never been disappointed with any of the meals we have had there.

Oh, it sounds so good. I miss Kona and wish I could have any meal there right now!!!

BTW, a trip or two ago my DH asked if he could have Tonga Toast at lunch and that day they were able to accomodate him as long as he was OK with not having something.....the breakfast meat probably. I imagine that varies by what supplies are left and how busy they are though. But he was a happy camper. :sunny:

Did you have an ADR? Just wondering for our Nov. trip if we are around and want to grab a bite w/o and ADR.

Thanks

No ADR. We just decided to chance it. And there was no problem what so ever. And consider this was a holiday weekend. :banana:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Several web sites say there is no dinner at the Kona but I have a 7:10 ADR so they must have dinner right? Or did Disney dining make a boo-boo?

Or am I having breakfast? I know I asked for a dinner ADR!

~Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter