Lunch at Chefs de France 01/30/10

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
DH and I for lunch.

Can't recall ever having bad food or service at Chefs. :thumbsup2
We checked in and were seated shortly after opening.
Our server was fairly new; he mentioned only being there 1 month. Very nice and friendly.

We both ordered the Prix Fixe 3 Courses Menu $20.00 pp.

First, instead of the usual one hard crust roll per person, we got a long, white, paper bag with a hot french loaf inside. :goodvibes Much better than those hard rolls. Which were not bad. Just a typical french crust roll, I guess.
It was not a fat roll; but long and narrow. Very good.

I had the lobster bisque. DH had the french onion soup.
I was expecting a cup of lobster bisque. Instead, I got a full bowl, with even a little lobster on top for garnish.
DH had the onion soup which has not changed since we have been there. And he is always happy with it.

We both had Quiche Lorraine (ham and cheese quiche). Yummy! Very tender crust. Good cheese. And even the ham was tender and flavorful. And again, this was larger than I expected. It came with a greens salad on the plate too. (Very light on the dressing.)
I only ate half of mine. The other half is on the frig. :woohoo: Along with half the bread we got. :rolleyes1 :banana:

For dessert we each had the Creme brulee, which had a strawberry and raspberry on the side.

oooo... stuffed... But what a good lunch. :worship:
DH commented a few times he thought that was the best lunch deal in WS. All that good food for $20 a person.

It was a good, filling and relaxing lunch. :thumbsup2

We were seated by the window, and Remy did go through the main seating aisle, next to where we were seated. However it seemed like it a quick trip through. Although I did not pay attention to where or how long Remy was pushed around. I only noticed him when he was with the table next to us.

this lunch sounds great. we have a reservation there for lunch for an upcoming trip and i think i would order what you have! i do have a question. when i pull up the menu on DIS i don't see a fixed price menu. is this new? do you remember the choices on it? thanks!:)

The listing at allears.net comes close. Although I do not think it is exact.
http://allears.net/menu/menu_cdf.htm
But close enough.

Prix Fixe 3 Courses Menu
$20.00
No substitutions

Soupe a l' oignon gratinee - Onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese

OR

Bisque de Homard - lobster bisque $6.25

______

Croque monsieur et sa salade verte - classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad

OR

Quiche Lorraine - ham and cheese quiche

OR

Gratin de Macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese

Creme brulee - vanilla creme brulee and a madeleine

OR

Profiteroles au chocolat - Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce

Our creme brulee did not come with a madeleine. Not that I missed it a bit. :laughing:
DH thought it really good with the multiple choices.
While walking around WS, we saw the Morocco restaurant had a prix fixe lunch meal for $19.95. However there were no options. It was a here-is-what-you-get. So that made Chefs even seem better.

thank you so much for the reply!! sounds perfect to me ! i am really looking forward to our adr's , but my only worry is that we can have room for all of them ( in our stomachs, not our schedule! ) great lunch review!

great review, thanks! cant wait for our ADR on march 1st, we'll be there at 5:40pm !!!

Their tenderloin filet is really good. I am not a steak eater. But I like theirs and the ones at the Turf Club.
I don't like pink meat. And at both these places I can order a steak well done and it is just perfect.
At Chefs, I recall them butterflying the steak. It is perfect. And there is nothing left of the steak on my plate. No bone, fat or gristle remaining.

thanks for sharing your dinning experience at Chefs de France. My husband and I love this place, Its a must for my husband to eat here...we usually eat lunch here but I wanted to try somewhere else for next trip so I booked our Chefs de France so he would not miss a meal here.

Glad you enjoyed your meal, this was my favorite meal for lunch when we were there in June

Thanks for the tips, I loved your review & made reservations for 2/20 :cool1:

I am ordering the lunch special.

Again thanks

Their tenderloin filet is really good. I am not a steak eater. But I like theirs and the ones at the Turf Club.
I don't like pink meat. And at both these places I can order a steak well done and it is just perfect.
At Chefs, I recall them butterflying the steak. It is perfect. And there is nothing left of the steak on my plate. No bone, fat or gristle remaining.

ITA about the filet. SOOOOO good. We are having our first lunch at Chefs in July, and while I am tempted by the prix fixe menu, I don't know if I could skip the bifstek...We are a party of 4 and we're thinking maybe some of us will get the menu and the others will get escargot and the steak and we can share.

We also love the onion soup! How was the lobster bisque?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter