Luggage?

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
Anyone know if a good place to get luggage at a good price? I want to get a set as they seem to run a little bit more reasonable. I couldn't believe some of the prices I saw when buying each piece seperately.

If you don't need the set immediatly check out stores like Dillards for their sales. We picked up a very nice quality set for 75% off. It was still a couple hundred dollars but we will not need to purchase another set for many years.

I've been doing some shopping too. Try QVC.com or Overstock.com. Both these places have very reasonable shipping prices too.

We found all of our luggage on e-bay last year. Got some great luggage (all brand new) for GREAT prices.

I will second overstock .com., or ebags. I got a 4 piece holiday set in lime green (yes, they have other colors available)for I think less than 90.00, including shipping. I am a person who researches most things before I make a purchase. I researched this perticular luggage set, on several sites, including ebags.com. Most, people gave the luggage set an 8 out of 10, cannot go wrong with that. Here is the link to luggage I bought. Great news, seems as though ebags is having a sale on the set. I would snatch it if I were you. :wave2: http://www.ebags.com/travelers_choi...el_set/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=53771

We got a set of American Tourister Target for $17.44 It has 4 pieces, a large and medium one on rollers and a carry on and toiletries bag. This will be the sixrh time we've used it and it still looks and functions great. I was a lugguge snob before and only bought expensive name brands ( which didn't hold up any better than this set). A lot of places clearance lugguge, also check places like Value City, Marshalls or TJ Maxx.

Have seen some luggage sets that include very large pieces which aren't really useful, so look at the sizes carefully. Airlines are cracking down on oversized/overweight checked baggage, and the big pieces can be a problem from that perspective (especially for those of us who tend to overpack ;) )

Look for American Airlines brand luggage. Try Sears, Penny's ect. It is reasonable priced and has held up very well. We travel alot with my hubby in the military(free flights) so our luggage definately gets put to use. Good luck!

I bought a luggage set at Kohl's over the weekend.
It was a 3 piece set, 25 in, 21 in and a nice size tote for $49 plus 15% off, so I got it for around $42.

I like buying luggage from Kohl's also. I always wait until it is either 50% off or on clearance. They usually put luggage on clearance every year or so to make room for the new models.

I've found a 5 piece set by Liz Claiborne for $130 w/shipping. I looks really nice but buying over the internet you just never know. So I'm still looking.

costco and sams have good prices on mult pc. sets. see if you have a luggage outlet nearby as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter