Luggage transfer between resorts - no reservation at 2nd resort

moreisgood

Falling in love
Disney has always done a great job for me, moving my luggage between resorts for many multi-split stays. This time, I have a different situation. Due to a car (trunk size) issue, I need my luggage moved to a different resort, where I don't have a reservation. I will be returning to another Disney resort after a couple of days.

I know the bell staff can be extremely accommodating, but I think it might be outside of what they typically do. Does anyone know?

I don't understand why you would want to move the luggage to a resort where you don't have a reservation. Why not call the resort that you are returning to in a few days and see if they will store it for you - even that's a stretch.

Honest questions,
Do you really want your luggage (your belongings) hanging around at a resort without you for several days? Not just without you for a few hours, while waiting on a room or to depart, but without you having a reservation, period? No way to know why your bags are there, since if they pulled your name up in their computer, you wouldn't be a guest
If you were in charge at that resort, would YOU want to be responsible for the safekeeping of luggage belonging to someone who wasn't a guest at your resort? And would you want to be a storage location for some random persons bags?
I'm going to have to guess NO is the answer to both questions. As is the answer to your question.
Even if you found someone who said yes they would do this it's just as easy to find someone who said no or who finds the bags once you've headed off who knows where and learns it's abandoned bags (since there is no resort stay attached to it) and sends them off to storage somewhere. And who knows if the person who originally said yes would be working that day.
So many ways for things to go wrong and you to be out your belongings.
Why wouldn't you just take your things with you when you leave?

There’s no way to find out ahead of time if anything like that can happen.

POR was kind enough to keep some of our bags while we went on a Disney cruise, despite us not having a Wdw reservation after we returned. We had contingency plans in case they said no.

Others have been told no.

I personally wouldn’t ask to have the bags moved, but just ask to have them stored at the resort you’re leaving.

There’s no way to find out ahead of time if anything like that can happen.

POR was kind enough to keep some of our bags while we went on a Disney cruise, despite us not having a Wdw reservation after we returned
. We had contingency plans in case they said no.

Others have been told no.

I personally wouldn’t ask to have the bags moved, but just ask to have them stored at the resort you’re leaving.
Yeah, I can see a resort agreeing to hold bags after you've checked out (though for a few days is probably pushing things, I can at least see it happening)
But a resort you've not stayed in or will be staying in? Not seeing that being possible. Or why someone would even try

That’s why I’m saying to not have it moved, but to ask the resort they are checking out of to hold the items.

I have to pick up people, later at night at the other resort, and I won't have room in my car for all the luggage till the evening. If one suitcase went to the resort, where I'm picking up the people at night, then it would save me a complete return trip when my kids will want to go to bed. So, the bag would only be at the other resort for a few hours.

Also, I have had Disney store luggage (and food in the refrigerator and freezer) for days (moving from a 3 bedroom villa to a hotel room for a couple of days), with no issues at all.

A funny aside...I was at a Hilton timeshare resort once, and they told me that people drive up with a full dinner in a crock pot, and ask them to plug it in for the day (in the luggage room!) while they swim. And they do it! I was very surprised!

I have to pick up people, later at night at the other resort, and I won't have room in my car for all the luggage till the evening. If one suitcase went to the resort, where I'm picking up the people at night, then it would save me a complete return trip when my kids will want to go to bed. So, the bag would only be at the other resort for a few hours.

Also, I have had Disney store luggage (and food in the refrigerator and freezer) for days (moving from a 3 bedroom villa to a hotel room for a couple of days), with no issues at all.

A funny aside...I was at a Hilton timeshare resort once, and they told me that people drive up with a full dinner in a crock pot, and ask them to plug it in for the day (in the luggage room!) while they swim. And they do it! I was very surprised!
But you were a registered guest when you did that, right?
I think you stand a very decent chance at the resort you are checking out of.
I'd never even ask at a resort where I am not a guest nor plan to be a guest. That seems like a recipe for disaster. What about having one of the people you are picking up have them store it in their name?

They are not staying at the hotel - just going to an event. I'll ask and see what they say.

Will Disney Transfer Luggage between the Contemporary and the Dolphin?
I know they'll go from Dolphin to CR, not positive about the other way. Check the Dolphin/Swan thread here for all the details, I bet it lists it there if they will

How about this... we will arrive at WL on Monday afternoon, and will check out Tuesday morning to switch to PVR.

When we get off DME at 3 on Monday, can we hand over the bulk of our luggage to bell services to be delivered to PVR at their earliest convenience (sometime by Tuesday afternoon)? That would save us from wheeling four suitcases to our room, when really we just need an overnight bag. It would also save us from having to drop off so much before rope drop Tuesday morning.

Just a thought!

How about this... we will arrive at WL on Monday afternoon, and will check out Tuesday morning to switch to PVR.

When we get off DME at 3 on Monday, can we hand over the bulk of our luggage to bell services to be delivered to PVR at their earliest convenience (sometime by Tuesday afternoon)? That would save us from wheeling four suitcases to our room, when really we just need an overnight bag. It would also save us from having to drop off so much before rope drop Tuesday morning.

Just a thought!
Yes, we have had bell services hold our bags overnight for moving to the next resort the next day. We just let DME get them though, vs dragging them around ourselves.
I call, ask Bell Services to hold bags, explain that we are moving the next day, and they've never had an issue with that.

They are not staying at the hotel - just going to an event. I'll ask and see what they say.
Update after our trip - Our rental car was upgraded to a minivan, and so we were able to get all of the luggage and the people in the van, and we didn't have to send any suitcases to the other hotel.
But, I decided to ask bell services, in each of the 3 deluxe resorts we stayed in, if a room reservation was needed if I asked them transfer our luggage to another resort in WDW. They all replied that no reservation was needed, and our bags would be held at bell services until we picked them up. Your mileage may vary...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter