Luggage Porters/boarding in Barcelona?

mommy_grrl

Mouseketeer
This is my first Disney cruise, so I don't know if they do it differently from the other lines....

but all the previous cruises that I've been on have had porters collecting luggage as you get off the bus/taxi in front of the ship - is this the case on the Med cruise?

The reason I ask is that we are totally surprising the kids (5&7) with a Med cruise in July. We'll be in Barcelona a few days sightseeing....

Hubs doesn't want them to know until we get to the ship.

Can someone explain the boarding process?
Is there a way to check-in in advance without staying at a Disney approved hotel (which we would do, if they slept more than 2 to a room....)

sorry for the silly questions. Cruising was much less complicated before kids (and surprises!):rotfl:

This is my first Disney cruise, so I don't know if they do it differently from the other lines....

but all the previous cruises that I've been on have had porters collecting luggage as you get off the bus/taxi in front of the ship - is this the case on the Med cruise?

The reason I ask is that we are totally surprising the kids (5&7) with a Med cruise in July. We'll be in Barcelona a few days sightseeing....

Hubs doesn't want them to know until we get to the ship.

Can someone explain the boarding process?
Is there a way to check-in in advance without staying at a Disney approved hotel (which we would do, if they slept more than 2 to a room....)

sorry for the silly questions. Cruising was much less complicated before kids (and surprises!):rotfl:

Yes, that's what we did. We stayed at an independent hotel and took a taxi to the ship on our own. Porters collected the luggage near the ship. You will have to put your luggage tags on before your give your bags to the porters. HTH!

UMTerp

I don't understand "check-in advance". We stayed at a DCL approved hotel and took a taxi over and back from the port and there were porters on both directions to help us with our luggage. We had 4 people and got a jr suite at Le Meridien and it slept 4 and was the same price as 2 rooms. I didn't want my kids in another room, even connecting, in a foreign country. We didn't book through DCL, it was MUCH cheaper.

As far as I know, you can not really "check-in" in advance....even if staying at a Disney hotel. You still go to the port and go through the process there. It was very quick in Barcelona in my opinion.
The porters do take your bags as soon as you arrive (actually before you even enter the terminal).

As far as I know, you can not really "check-in" in advance....even if staying at a Disney hotel. You still go to the port and go through the process there. It was very quick in Barcelona in my opinion.
The porters do take your bags as soon as you arrive (actually before you even enter the terminal).

Thanks! I thought I had read on another thread that a couple of the Disney Hotels had a Disney desk in the lobby and people were given their room keys/etc there. (Similar to the Disney express service on Eurostar)

At this point, we're going to book an apartment - we're coming in 3 days early.
Thanks for everyone's help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!