Luggage Delivery Service

Florida2012

If you can dream it, you can do it
Hi guys,

We are travelling indirect to WDW in October and was looking to see if we could take advantage of their luggage service (have always flown direct before and it's not been an option). I have found the following below and was wondering

- Flying in from Philly, does that mean we don't have to collect bags at Orlando or are we still classed as "International"
- Never seen the International option before, is this new? Or have I just been blind?
- Has anyone taken advantage of this service? If so, what's it like?

if we didn't need to lug our big cases to the room, it would be a great start to the holiday! Lol

Domestic Arrivals

Take the train from your arrival gate to the main terminal. You will be on Level 3. Between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM, head directly to Disney’s Magical Express, located in the Ground Transportation Area on Side B, Level 1. Disney will claim your checked baggage for you and deliver it directly to your Resort hotel room via our luggage delivery service.

International Arrivals
When exiting the Customs area you may keep your checked bags with you to travel on the motorcoach or—between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM—you may use Disney's luggage delivery service. To take advantage of this complimentary service, simply return your checked luggage to the transfer carousel following the immigration and customs process. Disney will claim your baggage and deliver it to your Resort hotel.

Since your first stop is in Philly, that's where you will have to collect your luggage and go through customs. Then, after going through customs, drop your luggage off with the airlines. You should be considered domestic at that point.

Cheers for clearing up my confusion, but does this mean I don't have to collect from Orlando and they will be delivered straight to room?

Cheers for clearing up my confusion, but does this mean I don't have to collect from Orlando and they will be delivered straight to room?

They should collect them and deliver to your room (remember, sometimes they won't deliver until you've actually checked into the room). But the information you should give them for Magical Express is your Philly to MCO flight #. And when you collect your luggage from customs and deliver to the airlines before boarding your flight, make sure they have the ME tags on there.

Awesome, thanks for clearing it up

Last question, as you've explained I realise we need to collect our bags from Philly coming into the States, however do we need to do the same coming back? Or do they do direct to our plane back to the UK?

As I seem to remember being told this was the case before (may have dreamt that though!!)

Coming from Canada on connecting flights we haven't collected luggage in the US in several years - it's check straight through both ways.

How are you going to get the Luggage Tags? They won't post them to you to in the UK to attach to your luggage surely?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter