Luggage delivery, MDE

KimK2006

DIS Veteran
My kids flight arrives in Orlando at 7:35 pm. For those that have arrived around that time in the past, do you think the luggage be delivered by 11:00ish? If you don't think so, I will probably have them pick it up and carry on MDE. I would rather them not have to fool with it if they don't have to. But, I don't want it arriving at 2:00 am either! (Staying at CBR, if that matters.) We normally fly in earlier in the day.

My kids flight arrives in Orlando at 7:35 pm. For those that have arrived around that time in the past, do you think the luggage be delivered by 11:00ish? If you don't think so, I will probably have them pick it up and carry on MDE. I would rather them not have to fool with it if they don't have to. But, I don't want it arriving at 2:00 am either! (Staying at CBR, if that matters.) We normally fly in earlier in the day.

When in doubt (and if you want more "control" in timing) pick up the bags and carry them to the resort.
That way you are 100% sure of the bags being there if you need them, at a time when you want them.

I mean, it should be delivered by 11, but then again, it might not be. That is really the best answer on that.

If you want to make sure they have it, they should bring it from the airport. Or carry on essential items and not worry when it comes.

Figure 3 hours after arriving at your resort, which could take 90 minutes. That would put it around or after midnight.

I would prefer to spend an extra 20 minutes or so and have my bags with me.

When in doubt (and if you want more "control" in timing) pick up the bags and carry them to the resort.
That way you are 100% sure of the bags being there if you need them, at a time when you want them.
Bolded is incorrect. If the airline misplaces/misdirects/or otherwise delays your luggage, you may not have it when you need it, at a time you want it.

Any time I arrive later than 6pm I get my own bags. If your kids arrive at 7:35, they’ll be off the plane by 7:50ish. That means they won’t get to the resort until around 9-9:30. I would think it would be better to spend the addtl 15-20 mins getting their bags and then getting settled for the night.

Any time I arrive later than 6pm I get my own bags. If your kids arrive at 7:35, they’ll be off the plane by 7:50ish. That means they won’t get to the resort until around 9-9:30. I would think it would be better to spend the addtl 15-20 mins getting their bags and then getting settled for the night.
While I would have probably a couple of days and nights worth of clothing, along with toiletries/meds/paperwork in my carry on, and let my checked luggage arrive when it wants.

full disclosure: I have never landed later than 5 PM using DME.

Are you putting something in your checked bags that you need to get to right away? If not, why stop and get your bags? If you don't want it delivered at 2 am tell the front desk to hold your bags when they arrive. They will! Then you simply call down for them when you are ready.

We always get our bags. Take them on the bus. It’s Easy, and they are right there when we get dropped off at resort. We get settled in straight away. Unpack, freshen up. and then do whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter