Lucky day!!

Cruisinskier

......always planning a trip somewhere!!!
Hi all. I am new to this thread and have been lurking here for the past few weeks. About 2 weeks ago we decided to book an impromptu long weekend at WDW. We fly out very early July 26 and return late July 29. Basically it gives us 3 full days in the parks. We have not been to WDW for 15 years but did Disneyland about 7 years ago. So I have been absorbing info from this site as much as possible, especially to do with dining. We travel lots but just haven't been to WDW for way too long! But that is about to change...

Which brings us to the title of my thread. For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to get ADR's at 2 restaurants on a daily basis. Well today was my lucky day as i was able to get lunch at Le Cellier on the 26th and also dinner at BOG (6:30!) on the 27th!!! So keep trying for those ADR's as it paid off for me!

So our itinerary looks like this:

Arrive in Orlando at 9:00am and take the Magical Express to the Animal Kingdom Lodge which will be our home for the 3 nights. Once checked in, we will head straight to Epcot for the rest of the day with lunch at Le Cellier at 2:00pm.

Day 2 will be mostly at Magic Kingdom and we plan to be there for the opening show (thanks to reading about it here!). Will probably head back to spend some time at the pool early afternoon and then return to MK for our Be Our Guest dinner, etc.

Day 3 starts with breakfast at Tusker House (8:05am) which should have us ready to go when Animal Kingdom opens at 9:00. Late afternoon we will hop to HS and potentially a very late hop back to MK that night given hours are extended to 1:00am!

Final morning has a later breakfast at Boma (9:30am) and some lounging around the pool as we will be happily exhausted! Mid afternoon we head back to the airport.

Looking forward to this trip for a couple of reasons....first is spending the time as a family with our kids (22 and 20). And secondly I can't think of a better way to spend my 50th birthday! Appreciate any feedback or ideas with regards to our whirlwind adventure! Thanks!

WOW! Whirlwind trip! :bday:

Neat that you were able to grab BOG ressies. I've been hunting now and then for our trip next month and haven't been able to find anything. Not too worried about it, we'll get there eventually. Have a great time!

Thanks John. Due to some schedule changes, we have been able to move our flight forward so we now arrive on the Thursday. This gives us a true 3 full days in the parks. Good luck getting a BOG ADR.....keep trying!

Hi all. I have now completed the trip report with hundreds of photos included. The link is in my signature. Enjoy!!

file.php

Welcome to DisBoards Cruisinskier :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter