LTT or CP For Dinner?

summerlady

DIS Veteran
I can't decide. DH and DGD love the food at Liberty Tree Tavern, we last ate there in 2008 when it was still a character meal, I can take it or leave it, not my favorite kind of food but it was ok. We've never had dinner at the Crystal Palace. For those of you who have had dinner at both, which would you choose?

Between the two choices my family would pick LTT because none of us like lunch or dinner at CP. IMO if you are doing a character meal breakfast is always better than the other meals.

It would be hard for me to choose LTT since they took the characters away (I'm still holding a bit of a grudge :rolleyes1), but I think the food there is slightly better than the food at CP dinner. We love CP for breakfast, but found CP dinner to be average-at-best. So the bottom line is, if based on food then go with LTT, if you want characters then you have no choice but to choose CP.

Between the two choices my family would pick LTT because none of us like lunch or dinner at CP. IMO if you are doing a character meal breakfast is always better than the other meals.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything really good about CP other than breakfast. We're going to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast on an MK morning especially for DGD who loves Alice. I think we'll stick with LTT even though I really liked the character interaction there in the past. Thanks.

It would be hard for me to choose LTT since they took the characters away (I'm still holding a bit of a grudge :rolleyes1), but I think the food there is slightly better than the food at CP dinner. We love CP for breakfast, but found CP dinner to be average-at-best. So the bottom line is, if based on food then go with LTT, if you want characters then you have no choice but to choose CP.

I know what you mean, that was the main reason that we chose LTT in the past. I'm not crazy about the food there, although the salad was really good, but since I had it narrowed down to a choice between those two for an MK dinner, I guess I'll make an ADR for LTT. Thanks.

We'd go with LTT also. Our boys are very disappointed that it's no longer a character meal, but we all enjoy the food. We also prefer family style meals over buffets - not only because of food quality, but it's less relaxing when we have to juggle all the plates and take turns with the boys at a buffet. And we usually have ADRs right before the parade starts, so we can either watch through the window (not a very clear view, but good for our youngest while we enjoy coffee!) or out on the front steps.

I think CP is very good for dinner!! My whole family loves it....and not for the characters, my kids are getting too old to appreciate them. Lots of great selections. LTT is fabulous for lunch but just ok for dinner, IMO.

We'd go with LTT also. Our boys are very disappointed that it's no longer a character meal, but we all enjoy the food. We also prefer family style meals over buffets - not only because of food quality, but it's less relaxing when we have to juggle all the plates and take turns with the boys at a buffet. And we usually have ADRs right before the parade starts, so we can either watch through the window (not a very clear view, but good for our youngest while we enjoy coffee!) or out on the front steps.

DGD is going to be 10 this trip, but she still enjoys the characters but I'm thinking CP would be much more hectic: probably more little kids and getting up and down for the buffet. She and DH LOVE the food at LTT, I liked the salad and dessert, and since she's going to see characters at 1900 Park Fare, I think we'll go with LTT. We're having dinner on a night when the park closes at 7 for the Christmas party, so the parade won't be a consideration this time.

I think CP is very good for dinner!! My whole family loves it....and not for the characters, my kids are getting too old to appreciate them. Lots of great selections. LTT is fabulous for lunch but just ok for dinner, IMO.

Yep, I agree about LTT, but since DH and DGD are crazy about the food at LTT, I think I'm going to have to go with that choice. Glad to hear that someone enjoys CP for dinner though! Maybe next time for us. The sides at LTT just tasted like something I could buy in the grocery store and pop into the microwave at home.

I think the food is better at LTT. But it just isn't the same without the characters. We end up doing mostly character meals so this one is off our list for now. My DH doesn't even want to go back because they took the characters away. It was one of our families favorites.

I think the food is better at LTT. But it just isn't the same without the characters. We end up doing mostly character meals so this one is off our list for now. My DH doesn't even want to go back because they took the characters away. It was one of our families favorites.

I'm pretty sure we're going to stick with LTT this trip despite the characters being gone. Maybe by November they'll be back? Probably not, but I can wish. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter