Low Carb Breakfasts & Snacks

robinb

DIS veteran
Hi everyone! I've been doing Atkins/Low Carb for a few months. The weight is coming off slowly, but that's OK with me. I began eating a *lot* of eggs for breakfast because they were easy. Just microwave some bacon and scramble a couple eggs and I was done. After a few months of this I began to feel a little nautious after eating the eggs. I hadn't been a big egg fan to begin with, but now I needed to find something else to eat for breakfast. I really liked the Mock Danish (though I added 2 T of flax to this recipe), but I thought it was taking too much time with the two-stage mixing and microwaving. I wanted something faster.

So, I found this recipe a couple weeks ago and I love it! LC Microwave Flax Bread I have eaten it almost every morning and sometimes for a snack with peanut butter.

Does anyone have any easy LC breakfasts they love? How about snacks? I need to lose another 15 pounds :).

I really like the Atkins Cereals with Carb Options for milk (bluberry is my favorite) I haven't found any other cereals that I like. Thier breakfast bars (chocolate chip) are pretty good also.

snacks are hard - usually a low carb bar, a slice of cheese or a pickle!

I love the mini carb or ketos hot cereals. The Eggo LC waffles are wonderful too. I've been having them lately. 1 waffle with either a tbs of LC apricot preserves or 1/2 cup of frozen berries.

I like the mock danish too, and for work days I make a couple in advance. I'll soften the cream cheese, add the other stuff and then scramble in my eggs and put it in the fridge. Then I grab a bowl and put it in my cooler as I'm leaving for work. Another one I like is 2 slices of low carb bread with peanut butter and Smuckers low sugar jelly and have coffee with half and half. I've also had the Blue Bunny yogurt and a bar as a meal, it also has been good for me. For snacks I'll have a mini Blue Bunny yogurt and an ounce of peanuts or cashews.

FWIW - I'm not actually doing a "low carb diet" as I'm pregnant (32 weeks tomorrow!) but I have gestational diabetes so I've been living low sugar/sugar free.

I often eat leftovers from dinner for my breakfast. I can only eat so many eggs :)

I added this to our Low carb recipe index.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter