Loving who you can't have...

CheerExtreme

DIS Veteran
Have you ever loved somebody you know that you can't love, or shouldn't love. I have a really problem with this. I once my friends go out with somebody and I get to know them...well I start to like them. Does anybody else have this problem?

And no...this does not mean celebrities.

Hey Adrienne I haven't seen you on here in awhile. :wave2:

Darn I didn't see that last sentence coming. :rotfl:
Ok well...that changes my post.

Eh, I don't love anybody I shouldn't.
And I don't really like anybody I shouldn't...
So I guess not.

Good Luck with your situation though!

I can't say I love someone I can't have, but I do like someone that I probably can't have.

there is this new youth intern at our church, and he is absolutely adorable. His name is Blake. But he's 19, and he's not really looking for a girlfriend. Plus, I'm only 16. But one of my friends from youth group thinks he likes me and my youth leader thinks I would be his "perfect match" xD. But I know that dating a 19 year old would not go over well with my parents, even if he is a christian. And I don't really think he likes me the way my friend thinks he likes me.

I've totally had that problem. My current boyfriend used to date another of my friends. When they broke up, she started to get really posessive even though they weren't together anymore and that annoyed me so I went over to hang out with him instead and, well, here we are. I realize now that I like him even while he was dating his ex.

As for advice, just be friends. If you're meant to be, it'll happen.

*raises hand*
I'm in that situation right now...
One of my good friends likes this guy. I get introduced to said guy through her. We become friends. (this was last year, around April-ish time period).

Fast forward to now.

My friend still likes this guy. But now I really like him too. We've become pretty good friends over the course of the summer, talking all the time over IM and texting.
So, there was some drama going on with my friends, involving her, and the way she handled it was verrrrry bad. And he has made it perfectly clear (not necessarily to her, I don't know if he's said anything to her) that he doesn't like how she handled it. So she basically has no shot with him.
And it seems like I might, as we have been innocently flirting.

But this totally goes against the unwritten girl code. If she found out, she would flip. I've told some of my friends, and there were all like, don't tell Chelsea! But grrr I can't help who I like.

I might have a serious chance of having a boyfriend, and if that ever happens, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Of course, it is very natural to like someone you cannot have. It adds to the desirable factor. What you do about the situation is one of those things that really determines your character, imho.

hmm, that's how I feel right now, not about Zac Efron though! :P I'm over him, no I like Nick and Joe Jonas, but anyway, ya, I like this kid, my Abercrombie Prince lol, but he has a girlfriend but I'm trying to get over him.

Yeah im in it right now :( i like this guy and my friend liked him for a wile last year and i didnt like him i just remembered him (he didnt go to my schoo but he now does) and i have met him and i really like him now and i dont want anyone to know because i dont wanna seem like a jerk when i said "EWW YOU LIKE HIM!?" to my friend last year when i didnt even like him or knew him...ok well i did know him i just didnt know if his personality had changed or not...

MY FRIEND DIDNT EVEN KNOW HIM she was just all "hes cute i like him i wonder if he likes me" and im like....."...."

I've definitely liked people who were obviously unavailable/didn't like me back.

Two years ago, it was this guy had a girlfriend. A girlfriend who obviously didn't appreciate his humor. Then I realized that I didn't know him well enough to actually like him.

Last year, I absolutely adored this guy. I've liked him on and off since like grade.. 4? (As in he was like my second crush). Anyways, I spent a lot of time with him in class, and I wanted nothing more than him. I hate breaks like Xmas, and March break because I didn't ever get to see him. I realized though that he had no interest in me at the last dance. He danced with almost everyone in my circle, and hardly even noticed I was there.

Anyhoo, I've grown apart from him now, so we're just kind of good friends. He's still amazing, friendly and gorgeous, but I just don't like him in that way anymore.

Right now I like this random kid who I have no classes with, and I don't get to talk to often. My friends under the impression he likes me back, but I totally disagree with her. Because she's my friend she wants me to be happy, therefore makes up complete crap with complete crap evidence.

Yeah.
I like this kid, but my best friend (who has a boyfriend BTW) is a total flirt around him. It makes me so mad so now the kid I like, likes my best friend. Uggg!! I wish my Best friends's BF knew. :mad:

Yeah.
I like this kid, but my best friend (who has a boyfriend BTW) is a total flirt around him. It makes me so mad so now the kid I like, likes my best friend. Uggg!! I wish my Best friends's BF knew. :mad:

Flirting, does not make you a cheat.
If you told you best friend's BF that she was flirting with a guy, it'd be pretty mean of you. And if he broke up with her about it, it'd be immature of him.
Flirting, in most cases is harmless. Obviously your friend isn't emotionally attached to the kid, she's just having fun.
I flirt for fun.

Flirting, does not make you a cheat.
If you told you best friend's BF that she was flirting with a guy, it'd be pretty mean of you. And if he broke up with her about it, it'd be immature of him.
Flirting, in most cases is harmless. Obviously your friend isn't emotionally attached to the kid, she's just having fun.
I flirt for fun.

I completely understand that.
I would not tell her BF if she was doing it for fun! I'm not that mean.
But trust me.. she isn't joking when she flirts.. it's like.. whoa.
I'll see how things go..

I completely understand that.
I would not tell her BF if she was doing it for fun! I'm not that mean.
But trust me.. she isn't joking when she flirts.. it's like.. whoa.
I'll see how things go..

Maybe you should talk to her. Does she know you like the kid?
I don't know how good of friends you are with her, but most friends would back down (especially if they already have a boyfriend).
I know my friend would stop flirting with him if I was in this situation, but she's just that kind of person.

Welcome to my world. I always chase after the "impossible" boy to get. I succeded once...kinda. I'm in the midst of one of those chases right now too...Don't wanna post too much...because...well apparently his mom DISes. haha

well my problems a little backwards.

when i was dating this boy a year ago, i liked this other guy (who is my boyfriend now).
so when my and Will broke up. I just went for donald :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter