Loved CBR!

Koda

DIS Veteran
We stayed at CBR during marathon weekend, 1/10-1/13. It was myself, DH and 17 y.o DD.

The resort is beautiful! All of the colorful buildings are around a big lake (you can rent boats to tour around if you like). There is a great walking/running path that was used by many runners while we were there (probably warming up for their races!). There is a really cool main pool area (DD made a comment that if she were younger, she would have loved to play there!). There are also 5 or 6 quiet pools throughout the resort, which never seemed very crowded.

DDs favorite part was the sand beach that was just steps from our room. There were plenty of lawn chairs and several hammocks to relax in. There are several of these beaches sprinkled throughout the resort. DD said that one day as she was on the beach, a boat came up with several young kids on a "pirate treasure hunt". I didn't look into this, but it sounds like lots of fun for any child interested in being a pirate!

We arrived via Magical Express at 12:45, and our room was ready when we got there! We walked from the check-in building to our room in about 5 minutes. We only had carry-on bags, and were able to pull them behind us.

I had requested Martinique 22 or Jamaica 45, because I read on these boards that those were the closest standard room buildings to Old Port Royale. We were given room 2201 in Martinique 22.

We ate at the food court 2x for lunch and 1x for breakfast. The food was always fresh and tasty. Lots of choices....I highly recommend the chocolate monkey cupcake! We ate outside at one of the umbrella table every time, so we could enjoy the perfect weather, and watch the boats on the lake.

Yes, it is a large, spread out resort, and I could see how if you were in one of the farthest buildings, you would have a really long hike to the food court area. I would definitely request Martinique 22 or Jamaica 45, or else pay for preferred.

It is a beautiful resort, though, and I love to walk and run, so the size was actually a plus for me.

I hope this review helps!:)

Thanks for your review......glad you had a great trip :). Our first onsite stay was at CBR and we loved everything about it. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again as it is a great resort with beautiful surroundings, fun pool, and great food court. We also thought the transportation was awesome as we never had any waits or overly crowded buses :goodvibes.

Thanks for your review! I also love CBR for the tropical theme. Very relaxing like Poly without the price tag.

We love CBR, too! It was the first (and second) resort we visited. We haven't been back in a couple of years (trying others) but CBR is very special to us. It's gorgeous, clean, convenient and has a fantastic pool. Glad you liked it :)

Thanks for the review. We are thinking of upgrading to a moderate this year. CBR and POR are the ones I'm looking at.

Glad to hear that you had a great stay at the CBR. The reasons that you enjoyed the resort are the same things that keep us going back year after year.

Oh and I agree that the chocolate monkey cupcakes are delicious!

CBR is my favorite overall resort! Love the theming, price, and location. And so far it's never really felt crowded to me since it's so spread out. Also really like Old Port Royale. Personally I enjoy staying at Aruba 51 since there's a nice walk across the water.

CBR is our favorite resort too! Everything you said about CBR is why we choose to stay there time and time again. Glad you had a great time!

CBR is our favorite resort too! Everything you said about CBR is why we choose to stay there time and time again. Glad you had a great time!

Linda T - RHMH here, we are ready to grace the doors of CBR.

Saturday 07/13/2013
Arrive MCO 9:48AM
Check in to Resort
Receive Groceries from Wego Shop
Disney Bus - Play Day At Downtown Disney
T-Rex - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx919 - 4:00 PM

Sunday 07/14/2013
Magic Kingdom Magic Hours 10:00 PM- 1:00 AM
Be Our Guest - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx933 4:45 PM

Monday 07/15/2013
Hollywood Studios Magic Hours 9:00 PM- 12:00 AM
Sci-fi Dining - Lunch Reservation # xxxxxxxxx031 - 12:55 PM

Tuesday 07/16/2013 Celebrate My 55th Birthday :cool1:
Epcot Magic Hours 9:00 PM 12:00 AM
Eat and Snack at World Showcase - Lunch
Rose & Crown Pub - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx097 - 5:45 PM

Wednesday 07/17/2013
Animal Kingdom Magic Hours 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Ohana's Polynesian - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx031 - 7:05 PM

Thursday 07/18/2013
Blizzard Beach Water Park
Chef Mickey Contemporary - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx825 - 7:35 PM

Friday 07/19/2013
Magic Kingdom Magic Hours 10:00 PM- 1:00 AM
Tony's - Lunch Reservation # xxxxxxxxx743 - 12:50 PM

Saturday 07/20/2013
Hollywood Studios until flight at 7:20 PM

RHMH your itinerary looks awesome. I'll post mine when I finish them up. I keep changing stuff around.

we are thinking about staying here for our trip in june but i wanted to verify - are there double beds in the rooms that aren't kings, or are there queen beds? Thanks and I am glad everyone loves CBR!

tink's girls said:
we are thinking about staying here for our trip in june but i wanted to verify - are there double beds in the rooms that aren't kings, or are there queen beds? Thanks and I am glad everyone loves CBR!

Doubles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter