"Love is Putting Someone Else’s Needs Before Yours" a May 2017/Beach Club PTR COMPLETE 5/21

Hi!!

I just noticed this May PTR, so thought I'd pop in and read along :-):-)

I'm a May traveler too!

The Beach Club is so pretty. We stopped by on our December trip to see the Christmas decorations, and I thought the lobby was beautiful. We were staying at Boardwalk, and liked the walk over to BC/YC, and the easy access to Epcot!

You have such a busy few months coming up! Congratulations in advance on your graduation, that's wonderful. And I'm glad you get all of the fun stuff out of the way before you have to have surgery!

Hi! I'm usually a lurker on DisBoards, but I wanted to sign on to your pre-trip report. We LOVE the Beach Club. We are going in July and will be staying at Poly for the first time, but to be honest, I love being so close to DHS and EP when we stay at the Beach Club or the Boardwalk. Great planning so far!

We are staying at Saratoga Springs - my friend has a time share so we are using her points to stay there. Beach Club is AMAZING! I completed my original request for the King Bed when I called and made our initial reservation. I know that King Beds are very limited at Beach Club, so if that is your number one want I would make sure it is listed first before full balcony and high floor.

That's awesome, I've actually always wanted to stay at Saratoga, especially now that DS is so different I can totally see going there daily for food and shopping... two of my favorite things! :cutie::cutie:

Thanks for the request info!! We booked through a TA and I believe she requested a king size bed but I think I'll fax over a form and possibly call a few days before we leave. Honestly, it would be OK if we didn't get one, I'm just happy to be spending a week with my husband!

Hi!!

I just noticed this May PTR, so thought I'd pop in and read along :-):-)

I'm a May traveler too!

The Beach Club is so pretty. We stopped by on our December trip to see the Christmas decorations, and I thought the lobby was beautiful. We were staying at Boardwalk, and liked the walk over to BC/YC, and the easy access to Epcot!

You have such a busy few months coming up! Congratulations in advance on your graduation, that's wonderful. And I'm glad you get all of the fun stuff out of the way before you have to have surgery!

Ariel-Waves-Hello-Excited-In-The-Little-Mermaid-Gif.gif

Hi and welcome, so nice to have a fellow May traveler! What your dates and where are you staying? I'm so excited about the Beach Club, I can't wait to get there already!!
Hi! I'm usually a lurker on DisBoards, but I wanted to sign on to your pre-trip report. We LOVE the Beach Club. We are going in July and will be staying at Poly for the first time, but to be honest, I love being so close to DHS and EP when we stay at the Beach Club or the Boardwalk. Great planning so far!

200w_s.gif

Hi, thanks for being here, I'm so happy you came out of lurking! There is no going back now :love:

So glad to hear that everyone is basically in love with the Beach Club! I stayed there for 2 or 3 nights in 2006 when I was a senior in high school, and it was very nice but my co travelers were nightmares, haha! The Poly is DEF on our 'to do ' list as well, you'll have to me know how you like it compared to the Beach Club!​

View attachment 223382

Hi and welcome, so nice to have a fellow May traveler! What your dates and where are you staying? I'm so excited about the Beach Club, I can't wait to get there already!!

I'll be in the World during the first week of May :-) The original plan was to take my mother-in-law, but she decided not to come, so now it's a solo adventure! I had booked at AKL, and I'm still booked there now, but am thinking about changing to a monorail resort. I am having trouble making up my mind on that!!

Hi, thanks for being here, I'm so happy you came out of lurking! There is no going back now :love:

So glad to hear that everyone is basically in love with the Beach Club! I stayed there for 2 or 3 nights in 2006 when I was a senior in high school, and it was very nice but my co travelers were nightmares, haha! The Poly is DEF on our 'to do ' list as well, you'll have to me know how you like it compared to the Beach Club!

You bet I will! I rented pointed to stay there. We've been doing that for about 5 years now...I told DH that we just need to go ahead and buy into DVC!

Hi, Im loving your PTR. We are going to be at the Beach Club May 24th - June 4th!:flower1: So excited!

Thank you for joining in!! So excited to have a fellow dis-er whose stay overlaps ours!!

tumblr_inline_mzbdnu3Zrx1qlxe68.gif

I'll be in the World during the first week of May :-) The original plan was to take my mother-in-law, but she decided not to come, so now it's a solo adventure! I had booked at AKL, and I'm still booked there now, but am thinking about changing to a monorail resort. I am having trouble making up my mind on that!!

That's awesome, I love visiting the first week in May its so pretty with the F&G festival in Epcot and, idk where you live, but for us its a nice, unofficial start of summer since we live in New England! Not that you asked for it, but I say stay with AKL... I love it there and I think its so peaceful, just what you need on a solo trip <3

You bet I will! I rented pointed to stay there. We've been doing that for about 5 years now...I told DH that we just need to go ahead and buy into DVC!

YESSS!! How many people are in your party? I can never find a deal renting points that makes it cheaper or the same as moderate! I'm clearly doing some wrong!

FWIW, La Cantina is one of our favorite QS in Epcot :thumbsup2 In fact let me suggest that while,DH stand son line there for food, you go inside the pavilion to La Cava and get yourself an avocado margarita to eat with your delicious lunch!!
Hope your busy week goes by quick :car:

Your plans sound great, especially that lounging by the pool part! It's so nice to take some time to just enjoy the resort and Beach Club is perfect for that!

I'm hoping for lots of lounging time myself.

We just got back from a very last minute trip to Walt Disney World actually...crazy crazy trip but so worth it to me. I have to say that La Cava was PACKED every time we went inside there. I can remember when you used to be able to just walk right inside there and get a drink at the bar! So while Ariane mentioned it above, just be prepared for that. I'm not sure I've eaten at any of the places you mentioned other than Liberty Tree and that was for lunch. Now that they've changed the lunch menu to more like dinner I just can't go back there, despite my love for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake they serve!

YESSS!! How many people are in your party? I can never find a deal renting points that makes it cheaper or the same as moderate! I'm clearly doing some wrong!

Between 2 and 5 are usually in my party. For our July trip, it's just 2 - my husband and I. I wouldn't say it's MUCH cheaper, but it's around the same as staying at a Moderate and we really do enjoy staying Deluxe when on vacation. If you want to message me, I can talk to you more about it! I've been renting since my 2012 trip when I stayed at AKL (a 2 bedroom and LOVED IT!). I've also stayed at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Boardwalk, and this year, POLY!

In fact let me suggest that while,DH stand son line there for food, you go inside the pavilion to La Cava and get yourself an avocado margarita to eat with your delicious lunch!

Excellent suggestion my friend!! Adding to my google doc now... so its official :rotfl2:

We just got back from a very last minute trip to Walt Disney World actually...crazy crazy trip but so worth it to me. I have to say that La Cava was PACKED every time we went inside there. I can remember when you used to be able to just walk right inside there and get a drink at the bar!

OOO a last minute trip? That sounds like a cause I could get behind! I guess a packed La Cava means I'll just have to start early to beat the crowds... haha!!

wouldn't say it's MUCH cheaper, but it's around the same as staying at a Moderate and we really do enjoy staying Deluxe when on vacation.

Good to know, thanks!!

OOO a last minute trip? That sounds like a cause I could get behind! I guess a packed La Cava means I'll just have to start early to beat the crowds... haha!!

YES very LAST MINUTE...but so much fun! I have a few trip report entries in my PTR with photos. And yes early would be good. I can't believe those lines these days!

Planning for 2019

Yep, you read that right... its never too early to start talking about future trips! My oldest nephew will be graduating high school in 2019 and my parents (his grand parents) are taking him on a Disney vacation for a graduation present!! Of course... I invited myself on this trip as well :music:

My parents actually took both of my nephews (they're brothers) when they were about 8 and 10 and it was a nightmare. My parents do not have any patience and my nephews were a bit challenging at the age. I knew this and decided against joining them! haha! For example, at one point something happened (idk what) and my mom started crying in Epcot and left the boys and my dad to go do her own thing for the rest of the day. EEEK.

Fast forward to today and my nephews are much more mature and of course by 2019 will be even more so. I don't think my parents will ever get more patience but they are enjoying the grand kids more now that they are older.

Both of my brothers refuse to fly (my nephews' father and their uncle) and my sister in laws probably wont; want to go without their husbands so they won't be joining us. Well, my nephews' mom probably would want to go but I don't think my parents wold want her to #familydrama :rolleyes1

After I got back from January 2017 trip the world with my mom, DH made me vow I wouldn't go away without him again as he really felt left out... so I told him that's fine, but he needs to be willing to take time off from work, I'm not one for stay-cations!

So the group will consist of my Dad (63) Mom (55) Me (31) DH (33) Nephew 1 (17) Nephew 2 (15) and... most likely a baby either physically here or in my belly. But... me and DH's attendance will largely be based on if we have an infant < 12 weeks ago or if I'm pregnant can get the okay to travel from my doctor. A lot is riding on this trip!

Mom has talked about getting a villa and Dad is interested to see how DH like Beach Club and think he would like to stay there. As much as I love the family, DH and I will likely get our own room. The nephews can come and go into whatever room they want to... so there you have it folks, another trip in the making... hopefully!

And of course DH and I will be taking a 2018 trip at some point... don't think I'd like him get away without an annual trip anymore!

May 28th plans/change in arrival day plans

Last edited:
... and her name was Cinderella!

Disclaimer: technically not a PTR update... but I think you guys will enjoy this!

One day last week I grabbed a skinny caramel macchiato at Starbucks (ps- if you haven't had one of these yet... do yourself a favor. the best 140 calories you'll ever drink!) and the barista's name tag said 'Cinderella'.

Almost made me feel like I was at Main Street Bakery!

82351eb2b7ed45e4ceb5581fd3b036a0.jpg

Love the 2019 planning!!!

Well, my nephews' mom probably would want to go but I don't think my parents wold want her to #familydrama :rolleyes1
Been there, know all about that!

So the group will consist of my Dad (63) Mom (55) Me (31) DH (33) Nephew 1 (17) Nephew 2 (15) and... most likely a baby either physically here or in my belly
:love:

As much as I love the family, DH and I will likely get our own room.
Best decision ever :thumbsup2

YAY for skinny caramel macchiatos!! I could drink those all day :drinking1

And also yay for more trips! I totally agree with you, I don't think I will ever not be able to do an annual Disney trip anymore!!! My family used to go to Mexico annually for a long time but decided to stop a couple years ago... Can't we just replace Mexico with Disney?? :thumbsup2

OMG there is a barista at my local starbucks and her name is Ariel....It makes me smile every time I go in there and see her!

what?! That's awesome! I have a feeling that 'Cinderella' isn't her real name, but I love it! And now I kind of want to go back during lunch time just to see her again! haha!

Can't we just replace Mexico with Disney??

Talked me into it! And plus, if you family misses Mexico they can always just hang in the Mexican Pavillon all day and you can pick them up there at the end of the day! pixiedust:

Planning for 2019

Yep, you read that right... its never too early to start talking about future trips! My oldest nephew will be graduating high school in 2019 and my parents (his grand parents) are taking him on a Disney vacation for a graduation present!! Of course... I invited myself on this trip as well :music:
Both of my brothers refuse to fly (my nephews' father and their uncle) and my sister in laws probably wont; want to go without their husbands so they won't be joining us. Well, my nephews' mom probably would want to go but I don't think my parents wold want her to #familydrama :rolleyes1

After I got back from January 2017 trip the world with my mom, DH made me vow I wouldn't go away without him again as he really felt left out... so I told him that's fine, but he needs to be willing to take time off from work, I'm not one for stay-cations!

So the group will consist of my Dad (63) Mom (55) Me (31) DH (33) Nephew 1 (17) Nephew 2 (15) and... most likely a baby either physically here or in my belly. But... me and DH's attendance will largely be based on if we have an infant < 12 weeks ago or if I'm pregnant can get the okay to travel from my doctor. A lot is riding on this trip!

Mom has talked about getting a villa and Dad is interested to see how DH like Beach Club and think he would like to stay there. As much as I love the family, DH and I will likely get our own room. The nephews can come and go into whatever room they want to... so there you have it folks, another trip in the making... hopefully!

And of course DH and I will be taking a 2018 trip at some point... don't think I'd like him get away without an annual trip anymore!

LOVE that you are already planning for 2019. I guess we may need to start our 2018 planning as I think my SIL would like to return in 2018 with my nephews again and I'd love to be there with them. That means we might have to just renew our APs in December of this year! ;)

My DH has been okay with my few trips without him. I did a solo one a few years ago and then of course the girls only trip I just took last weekend! He's not happy about it but he accepts it.

I can't wait to hear more about the planning. How close are you to booking the May FPs? I know I won't be far behind you on that and can't WAIT as my kids already have requests for ride reservations! :)

May 28th Plans

Welcome back! I'm so so excited for this day because we're doing, "Brunch At The Top" at California Grille !!

raw.gif

I had wanted to do this during our Sept '16 trip that never happened, but even if we did go, we weren't going to be there on a Sunday... so fail.. times two.

Our reservation is for 11:10am, so we will need to be awake by 9 and out the door by 9:45 to take a bus to MK and walk over to the Contemporary. Literally everything on the menu looks so good! I definitely want to order the eggs Benedict, which is my absolute favorite. And the sushi, shrimp, house made charcuterie... mmmmmm!! I'm not sure what DH will get, but I've read that you can order as many entrees as you want. Not that we would intentionally be wasteful, but if we want to try two different entrees we're doing it!

After our indulgent brunch we'll either...

#1 head to DS to get some shopping done and maybe end up staying there for an early dinner... I'm thinking that the food trucks would be a good use of some snack credits and lighter fare we can split. The Daily Poutine and the rooftop Coca-Cola Bar are on my 'must do' list. And theres a Kate Spade, so maybe DH will want to buy me a purse?! #unlikely

- or-

#2 Take a bus to a waterpark (which ever bus comes first) for the afternoon

Whichever we chose, we'll head back to the hotel to freshen up at some point and then I want us to return to the Contemporary for the 9pm 'Happily Ever After'. We might end up grabbing a drink at the California Grille Lounge before the show. Actually... I really want to try a Lapu Lapu, so if we're early enough maybe we'll stop at the Poly and then ride the monorail over to the Contemporary!

Change in Arrival Day/May 25th Plans

I had an 'ah ha!' moment today I just can't wait to share with all of you!! As of January 1st, I switched my work schedule to four 10 hour days. So now I work Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri 7:4am-5:45pm (I work in a doctors' office). On Tuesdays I go to my clinical placement for nurse practitioner school.

Well... my last day of clinical placement is May 2nd, however I am going to keep this schedule as it will be REALLY nice to have a day off during the week to get things done. Also- many of the doctors have had positive feedback that they like having a nurse in the office later (usually the other nurse and I work until 4:30). Even though our last patient is scheduled for 4:45pm, there are always patient there until at least 5:30pm if the doctor is running behind or if its a longer appointment. I like that the phones goes to our answering service at 5pm so I know I have a guaranteed 45min of no calls!! Fortunately, my boss is very flexible and I always have the option to switch whatever day I am out (within reason) as long as I work four 10 hour days.

My point is this: I should just work on Tuesday May 23rd and use Wed May 24th as my day 'off'. It really doesn't make sense to work Monday, May 22nd, be off 5/23 and then work 5/24 and then be off 5/25-5/31. That was kind of confusing... are you still following?

That means that on Wednesday 5/24 I'll be home with fur baby packing, cleaning the house, obsessively checking the weather, etc. Then I can meet my mother in law to drop off fur baby that night (we meet half way between our houses... 2 1/2 hours of driving for each of us) after she gets out of work, so probably around 7/30pm. This would put me back at my house between 9/9:45pm.

Here's where it gets really great... we could change our flights to be earlier!! Southwest has a flight 6:10am and lands at 9:15am. Yes, please! Plus its $28 cheaper than what we have booked now (3:35pm-6:45pm). I need to run this by DH to be sure he is willing to wake up at the super super early on the 25th.. and understands that our room may not be ready by the time we get there... but I love the idea of essentially getting another day of vacation!!

Up next... May 29th Plans!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter