"Love Connection" on FOX

Pacolovestacos

DIS Veteran
Anyone watch this yesterday? Interesting premise but perhaps I'm missing something.

So let me explain how this works for those who haven't watched:

Either a man or woman goes on a date with 3 people. After the dates, that person decides which person they would like to go on a romantic overnight date with.

The Twist: The audience also decides who they would like the contestant to go on the overnight date with but the audience is doing this on first impressions, not after actually hearing about the dates.

If the audience and the contestant both select the same person to go on the overnight date with, the contestant wins $10,000 and gets to go on the overnight date. So that's cool.

Here is the part I don't get: If the audience chooses a different person, the contestant has a decision to make. They can remain with the person they selected. OR they can change, go with the person the audience selected, and get the $10,000.

So I guess my question is why would anyone not change and take the $10,000? I guess you could say well maybe they had a really strong connection with the person they selected first. But I can't imagine turning down that cash even after having a really good 1st date. I've had so many good 1st dates that fizzled out on the 2nd or 3rd dates. Why take that kind of chance?

Last edited:
This is a rehash of a show they had years ago. Same premise.
Don't remember them giving them that much cash though. They just picked up the tab if they wanted to go out with the audience choice. This was after the person picked who they wanted to go out with.They came back on another show to talk about the date.

I have this one recorded but really like the old version with Chuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter