love bugs and AKL

tjlovespooh

Mouseketeer
We are planning our trip for early May and are now learning that it's peak season for love bugs. Can anyone describe whether they noticed these insects are any worse or better at AKL or WL? :wizard:

Love bugs are equal opportunity lovers. They were everywhere, value moderate and deluxe. Every hotel we visited (all deluxes and values and 1 moderate) were covered in them.

I do believe there are two times of year when they come out but we've gone in May before and NEVER saw them like we did this year (in Sept) so they may not be guaranteed either of those months.

Hi - we have just returned from AKL and WL. Lovebugs were everywhere, but seemed much worse the first part of week at AKL and not that bad at WL, but i think that maybe it was settling down everywhere. We talked to a couple who had been at AKL for 2 weeks and even though we thought things were bad, they had been much worse before we arrived. I think you will be fine in May. Have fun.

They do come out in May but this past year, they weren't as bad as they have been recently. They do seem to be calming down a little though and should be done is a couple of more weeks.

Here is a photo and video from another thread both taken at Disney's BC resort:

BugsBC.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ktlDyj0NDk

Thank you Linda. I can see what the fuss is about! It looks like one the plagues! Hopefully, they will be gone by November. :)

Lovebugs do normally appear in May and September. They have a short mating/life span, about 2 weeks. They look like two lightening bugs/fireflies stuck together and are totally benign and harmless. Except to your car, they can ruin the paint on your car if you don't wash them off.

The exact weeks they appear is unpredictable, but the weather at the start of May is wonderful. Same goes for the end of Sept as well. Oct is even better!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter