Love and appreciative of DAS...but ran into first issue with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been to get a return time with low waits and they would ask if we would like to go right now and put us in the fast pass line. However I think they could see my disability is walking so most of the wait time when it's low is walking the long way to the ride.

We have been to get a return time with low waits and they would ask if we would like to go right now and put us in the fast pass line. However I think they could see my disability is walking so most of the wait time when it's low is walking the long way to the ride.

Not too bad, especially when considering that with a mobility issue, you shouldn't even have a DAS...

. If your needs are mobility then a DAS is not needed. If standing or walking too much then a mobility device is the appropriate accommodation not the DAS.

How is that your business ? That is pretty rude and most definitely not your call ... gatekeeping DAS still going strong .
No it is not rude since the lines at Disney for the most part are wheelchair access able there is no need for special accommodation. Even say on the DAS FAQ

Does a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter need DAS?
“A Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need a DAS. Depending on the attraction, Guests utilizing a wheelchair or scooter will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction comparable to the current wait time. For some attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, these Guests will go directly to an alternate entrance. Guests with additional needs should discuss them with Guest Relations.”

A mobility device will accommodate someone with a mobility they might not like it this might not be there first chose for other the DAS is the only thing that will make lines accessible. I can not tell you how many lines ( FP) I had to leave becuse they were too long for me they just became inaccessible able for me a wheelchair or ECV or any other mobility device would do nothing. It might not seem like one person would make that much of a different but at Disney that one person is really a few thousand of people

No it is not rude since the lines at Disney for the most part are wheelchair access able there is no need for special accommodation. Even say on the DAS FAQ

Does a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter need DAS?
“A Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need a DAS. Depending on the attraction, Guests utilizing a wheelchair or scooter will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction comparable to the current wait time. For some attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, these Guests will go directly to an alternate entrance. Guests with additional needs should discuss them with Guest Relations.”

A mobility device will accommodate someone with a mobility they might not like it this might not be there first chose for other the DAS is the only thing that will make lines accessible. I can not tell you how many lines ( FP) I had to leave becuse they were too long for me they just became inaccessible able for me a wheelchair or ECV or any other mobility device would do nothing. It might not seem like one person would make that much of a different but at Disney that one person is really a few thousand of people
You do NOT know her life situation.. not to mention it’s disney who makes that decision not you or any other random guest . I swear people are so scared they can’t take advantage of their own DAS that you are literally gate keeping the process.. if Disney did not think she needed it she would have had it .
The shaming going on is ridiculous.. it’s none of your business regardless of what you think about it . Why exactly do you think it is your job to tell them that ?? This is not your program or do you make the rules , your wait has nothing to do with anyone else’s wait .

You do NOT know her life situation.. not to mention it’s disney who makes that decision not you or any other random guest . I swear people are so scared they can’t take advantage of their own DAS that you are literally gate keeping the process.. if Disney did not think she needed it she would have had it .
The shaming going on is ridiculous.. it’s none of your business regardless of what you think about it . Why exactly do you think it is your job to tell them that ?? This is not your program or do you make the rules , your wait has nothing to do with anyone else’s wait .
Most CM are scars to say no. I have heard this from CM them self some CM just do not do there job. I have never told anyone not to use or ask for a DAS I have said things like this is most likely a mobility problem and a mobility device is the best accommodation for it. I have been at Disney where someone needed a place to sit there were no places available they ended up pretty much falling on the ground EMS had to be called if this person had there own mobility device they would not have had this problem I want people to enjoy there vacation a lot of people do not understand just how much walking standing lack of sets are at Disney.

Most CM are scars to say no. I have heard this from CM them self some CM just do not do there job. I have never told anyone not to use or ask for a DAS I have said things like this is most likely a mobility problem and a mobility device is the best accommodation for it. I have been at Disney where someone needed a place to sit there were no places available they ended up pretty much falling on the ground EMS had to be called if this person had there own mobility device they would not have had this problem I want people to enjoy there vacation a lot of people do not understand just how much walking standing lack of sets are at Disney.
Disney has no problems saying no , while getting my band fixed in MK last week I heard them say no several times to people in wheelchairs and not say no without a issue . If they have a DAS them someone at Disney gave it to them and that is only there business and not ours on a online forum to shame them or tell them they don’t “ deserve “ it .

Disney has no problems saying no , while getting my band fixed in MK last week I heard them say no several times to people in wheelchairs and not say no without a issue . If they have a DAS them someone at Disney gave it to them and that is only there business and not ours on a online forum to shame them or tell them they don’t “ deserve “ it .
Sorry but I have seen the opposite including one CM that did say no then then the guest kept on complaining so she gave in. When it was my turn she told me sorry that guest really did not need the DAS her wheelchair ( that she was sitting in at the time) was all the accommodation she needed

I am someone that if it was my first time I would like to know from people that have been some where what they thought And for most people that have not been to Disney they do not realize how big it is how much walking standing is involved. How few bench there are (my dad who about 6 months before going to Disney walked the AT ( Georgia to Maine ) so he dose not have any type of mobility problem and he even committed on the fact that we’re fewer benches. So for someone with a mobility problem they might do fine at home they might do fine at a smaller theme park but Disney is not that it is the most visited theme park in the world ( MK) and the other 3 are up there too.

Yes there are CM arhat do there job they do say no but then there are some that do not. Like I said earlier I have seen what happens a few time what happens when someone with a mobility problem needs a place to sit and can not find one. Including one thst was yelling I have a disability pass I need a place to sit do you have a disability pass. The gust that needed EMS called. There was one poster on here a few years ago that had some mobility problems most people were trying to convince her to use something she latter came back on saying ( I forgot if it was her back or hip or what) that the pain from all the walking standing got to much for her she found a walk to lean on in AK while her husband found a wheelchair by the time her got back is was in tears crying I know she had to either go back to her room or to urgent care but that day and maybe it was the next day was reined because she was in so much pain

My very good friend used an ECV we were doing a one day trip her hip had not been acting up all week and we though it will be ok to leave her ECV at home. We were wrong she was in a lot of pain and the 3-4 hour drive home was not much help.

I will continue to give people the best advice I can and for some the DAS is not the best option it dose not have you a place to sit it dose not make your walking less for those thing a mobility device is the best you can also give people the best advice you think for them And they can take the information and do what they fell is the best for them self

If you do not like the fact that some times people on here tell people that ask if the DAS will help there mobility problem then maybe this site is not for you as there are plenty of site that will tell everyone with a disability this the DAS is right for them. I have seen way to many time what can happen when people think the DAS help mobility problems

Back to the the primary question of this thread:

is a DAS return time is always given or if there is a short wait could a DAS return time be denied with immediate access to the queue?

Back to the the primary question of this thread:

is a DAS return time is always given or if there is a short wait could a DAS return time be denied with immediate access to the queue?
For me if the wait is 10 minutes or less I will just go in the standby line and not even talk to the CM ( about my DAS I do say hi to them as I walk by). If it is a ride where I do normally problem with like buzz and I am unsure if the wait is really 10 minutes I will sometime just wait for the wait time to go up like I will go do the people mover and when it hit 15 minutes then I will ask for a return time. I did have one a time at HS I was leaving toy story land about 30-45 minutes after the park opened I stoped at the guest information both and ask for a return time I want to say TOT but it could have been RNR the CM looked and say oh the wait is only 10 minutes are you going over there now I said I was going to take a break ( with the rope drop crowds and just doing two rides I was in need of one) so she gave me a return time for the ride. Witch was very nice since by the time I was done with my break the wait was over 30 minutes

So this is what I do

I'm the family runner for getting DAS times for my dad. When we were in Epcot on our last trip (2017), I went to Spaceship Earth and they were initially reluctant to give me a DAS because the line was so short and said we could just go straight on. I explained that my dad wasn't there/ready yet, and she gave me a paper slip, saying that way we wouldn't use up the DAS entry on MDE. So I went over to The Seas to get one for the Nemo ride (as we were going to be in that area of the parks for awhile). Pretty much the exact same scenario there, and I ended up with a second DAS return time slip.

I'm the family runner for getting DAS times for my dad. When we were in Epcot on our last trip (2017), I went to Spaceship Earth and they were initially reluctant to give me a DAS because the line was so short and said we could just go straight on. I explained that my dad wasn't there/ready yet, and she gave me a paper slip, saying that way we wouldn't use up the DAS entry on MDE. So I went over to The Seas to get one for the Nemo ride (as we were going to be in that area of the parks for awhile). Pretty much the exact same scenario there, and I ended up with a second DAS return time slip.
That's an abuse of the DAS system, and I hope they close that loophole soon.

That's an abuse of the DAS system, and I hope they close that loophole soon.
Disney is going paperless with most things. I was at HS and ask the guest experience person for a return time for a ride with a 10 minute wait she was able to give me a return time for 10 minutes when I told her I was not ready I do not know if this is something the ride CM can do if it takes more tweaking ( I am almost sure it dose) or what I too have had CM give me a paper ticket and say now you can go get another return time on your MB. I have about 30 or so return time ticket from rides I just did not ride and I am sure I had just as many on my band I did not ride too

Disney is going paperless with most things. I was at HS and ask the guest experience person for a return time for a ride with a 10 minute wait she was able to give me a return time for 10 minutes when I told her I was not ready I do not know if this is something the ride CM can do if it takes more tweaking ( I am almost sure it dose) or what I too have had CM give me a paper ticket and say now you can go get another return time on your MB. I have about 30 or so return time ticket from rides I just did not ride and I am sure I had just as many on my band I did not ride too
Not sure what this has to do with being able to have multiple DAS return slips at one time? But I am curious as to why you asked for a return time when you were not ready to go on the ride? Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask when you were ready?

Not sure what this has to do with being able to have multiple DAS return slips at one time? But I am curious as to why you asked for a return time when you were not ready to go on the ride? Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask when you were ready?
Why I ask to go on a ride before I was ready because I thought there was a wait and that I could ask for a return time take my bread and when done with my break go ride. This is what I do for just about all the rides i get a DAS for sometimes after my break I do not feel like doing the ride so I will get a return
Time for something else I was tell you my store becuse some CM can give return time for low wait rides. Why they did not there who know You seem to be very concerned about someone getting something extra at Disney this happens all the time and not just to the disable group but a lot of other groups too. People with small kids can have two tear one rides and all go on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter