~~~Lots of questions~~~

Raggedy

I Love living in New England, but i love disney al
pirate: Hi Everyone

I am thinking about going to disney in 2009. I don't know if i want to go for christmas or halloween. I have been for the halloween party, and we loved it. My daughter will be turning 2 and my son will be turning 19 for these ages what would you choose and why?

I was also thinking about joining tour guide mike. Will they let you join for 2 years? also how about if i change my dates. I am just in my planning stages. I am thinking about a land and cruise. Something we have never done. Can you please help. also how about if i change my mind and decide to go next year instead. It all depend on how much i can save.

Thank you .... Nancy:santa: :santa: pirate:

I can't believe not one person can answer one question i have asked within the last couple of months. No one know's any of my questions?

thank you anyway.....Nancy

A lot of what you ask has to do with personal preference. Some people like Halloween time at WDW and some people like Christmas better. I went this September with my 3 1/2 yo. ds (plus others). We didn't go to the MNSSHP because I thought it would be too late in the evening for him. Instead we had dinner at CG and watched Hallowishes from the CG. That made me wish I had bought tickets for MNSSHP. If I ever go during that time of year I'll get tickets for sure.

I've also been there in November when my ds was about 2 1/2. It was a totally different experience. The Christmas party was going on then, but I didn't buy tickets because I again thought it would be too late for my ds. That time I was right. For a 2 1/2 year old it would have been too late.

I guess if it were me, I'd rather go when 1)the crowds are lower 2)the weather was nice. For me, that would probablly be November. Although Sept. was really busy this year because of the free dining-if the free dining isn't offered next year it won't be as busy, but it will be hot.

I'm not sure about how long you can join TGM. Although I think that question is addressed on his web site. Any questions you have about the TGM site you could probablly e-mail to him.

Anyway, don't know if I helped or not, but good luck planning.

Hmmm... that is a tough one. I LOVE WDW at christmas time although I have never been there over the actual holiday. I would not want to go over the actual holiday because of the crowds. We have gone a couple times in late Nov/early Dec and have loved it. The crowds were doable and the weather for the most part was nice-warm during the day, cool at night. Having said that, I keep saying that my next trip is going to be in the fall to experience Halloween. It is the only season we have never been. I think your 2 yr old will like either. The 19 yr old I am not sure. My 2 ds's don't care when they go as long as they go. As far as TGM, you can definitely change your dates around. I know I changed them a couple times. I am not sure how long you can sign up for though. I found his info to be invaluable so I would definitely recommend it. Don't worry, I am sure there will be plenty of other responses.
Please feel free to pm me about any specific holiday questions, I would be happy to help! Patty

I personally would go the last week of September/first week of October and do the MNSSHP due to the crowds, we don't like them. They are getting busier in September than before mainly due to the free dining they have offered the last few years. If you aren't going until 2009 you have plenty of time to research and read the books. I did the Tourguide Mike and I still liked my Birnbaum book and we had the one for kids as well, which DD loved. Of course that's if you've never been to WDW before, I don't remember if you said in the original post.

You family will need to spilt up, so the 19 yr old can do the coasters and you and the baby can do fantasyland and go to the shows.

What time did they do the fireworks at the Halloween party? I have res. at CG and hope to see the fireworks from the Christmas party?

Well, the Hallowishes started at 9:30. I don't know if they were always scheduled at 9:30 but I don't think so. But the night we were there they were at 9:30.

We did Halloween a few years back and loved it! I would highly recommend October as a time to visit Disney. I've never been in December, but I believe Christmas time is one of Disney's busiest time, if not the busiest. I'd recommend avoiding the extra crowds if at all possible. Enjoy!

I'd also recommend TGM - especially if you decide to go in December. We used TGM for our June 2007 trip and thought it was very helpful! I was concerned about going in the summer (another busy period) but didn't want to exclude my college-age child from our vacation -- which meant going when school was out. TGM was excellent in providing tips and itinerary suggestions to help beat the crowds. I especially liked the info on which day to visit which park.

We've been there and attended both parties. Our kids are now 8,6 and 1. They were 2 & 4 when we went to at Halloween time and 4 & 6 when we went at Christmas. I would rec. xmas for the younger age group. You can experience xmas throughout WDW without attending the party. We went the week after Thanksgiving and the crowds were very light. Halloween is still quite hot and my kids did not get into it as much. There is a lot more to do with xmas there than halloween. Your son might like that more. I would not go if it meant being there during the holiday though!

Thank you everyone. I am sorry if i came off as a **** I think we will make our trip in November, before Thanksgiving or a week or two after. Can anyone tell me if the parks are packed then? We will probably do Halloween when she turns 3. That will be her birthday present then.

We are taking the grandparents with us. So we can spend some time with her brother too. Not that he will want too. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter