Lots of negative reviews about the Dream. Should we avoid it?

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
Been reading lots of negative reviews about the food and service on the Dream. We went on the Wonder a few years back and loved every minute of it. Should we avoid the Dream until the get the kinks out? Dont want to spend all of that money and not have the same awesome experience we had last time.

To me, no one's opinion matters but mine. Just because someone else didn't enjoy the cruise or found issues is not going to stop me from going.

To me, no one's opinion matters but mine. Just because someone else didn't enjoy the cruise or found issues is not going to stop me from going.

Agreed. I've read plenty of really good reviews too. Two weeks and I'll let you know :).

DW and I did the four day on 5/1 and enjoyed it and nobody at our table of 8 had a problem with the food.

Can you go on another cruise line, save money and had a good experience also, probably, but it's not Disney. When in Nassau there where four cruise ships docked, the other three looked drab compared to the Dream sitting next to them.

Ditto:thumbsup2 Besides, I've read good reviews and bad reviews from people that were on the exact same cruise. I read the TR's and take the good with bad. People have different expectations and since I've never cruised I'll have nothing to compare the Dream to..still very excited about our cruise next month:goodvibes

WELL SAID I too do not pay attention to the negative reports.

If I had; my family and I would have missed out on many great WDW and DCL vacations memories. I have always read more negative reports on each of the resorts we have stayed at than good and for the various DCL cruises.

Go, my guess is you will love it. Do you think DCL sells out most of their cruises because there are a lot of people that go on a cruise they know they will hate? We continue staying at WDW resorts and have never cruised on any other cruise line because Disney has never disappointed us. Hopefully you will have the same experience.

Absolutely not! Experience the Dream. I don't think you'll regret it.

We sailed the Dream in March and are booked again for October. We all loved it. Experienced none the problems often mentioned on these boards and just had a wonderful time.

Enjoy your cruise.

WELL SAID I too do not pay attention to the negative reports.

If I had; my family and I would have missed out on many great WDW and DCL vacations memories. I have always read more negative reports on each of the resorts we have stayed at than good and for the various DCL cruises.

While I appreciate people posting their different experiences, more people will write about a negative experience than to take the time to write a positive experience. So I always keep that in mind when I am reading posts.

BTW....we have had some negative things happen to us on Disney ships. After our first trip 10 years ago on the Magic, I didn't think I'd ever get on another Disney ship. Friends talked us into going with them the following year using the FL discount on the Wonder. It was a terrific cruise.

I do hope DCL does read some of these posts and work on making some positive changes in the areas that have people most concerned.

I didn't mean that I would avoid DCL all together. What I meant was should I avoid the Dream for a while until they get the kinks out and just keep cruising on the Wonder and Magic instead.
I wouldnt consider taking any other cruise line but Disney. We love everything Disney !!:)

I think the initial reviews were poor, but the past few months I have seen much more good than bad. We absolutely LOVED our B2B Dream Cruises... still obsessed 2 months later!!!! Best vacation we have ever had.

I didn't mean that I would avoid DCL all together. What I meant was should I avoid the Dream for a while until they get the kinks out and just keep cruising on the Wonder and Magic instead.
I wouldnt consider taking any other cruise line but Disney. We love everything Disney !!:)

:hug:

I think the initial reviews were poor, but the past few months I have seen much more good than bad. We absolutely LOVED our B2B Dream Cruises... still obsessed 2 months later!!!! Best vacation we have ever had.

Your positive reviews give me hope that we will have a good B2B in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

Disney fans here all the way ! DVC owners and 4 time cruisers just saying if you are going for dinner service take the Magic or Wonder, If you want to go to see the ship then go on the Dream. It is a DREAM! Awesome technology! Just the crew we had ...had no personality and was very tired!

I was kinda worried before we went on the Dream this year,because of all the bad reviews. We loved our first cruise on the Wonder and hoped the Dream would be just as great. IT WAS!!! We absolutely loved it:lovestruc.
We can't wait to go on the Dream again in March. I could'nt find anything wrong with someone else cooking,cleaning,and waiting on me hand and foot.The Dream was beautiful , ocean beautiful, and the food was great!!! I'd say go and see for yourself....I think you'll love it.

Your positive reviews give me hope that we will have a good B2B in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

You will love it!! If anyone of your party cancels, call us:rotfl: We travel alot(not all disney) and truly, wow... it was the best! We are heading to WDW with a MK view at BLT in November, but I can't get off the disney cruise board and even get excited for that trip! Wish we were DREAMING again!

You will love it!! If anyone of your party cancels, call us:rotfl: We travel alot(not all disney) and truly, wow... it was the best! We are heading to WDW with a MK view at BLT in November, but I can't get off the disney cruise board and even get excited for that trip! Wish we were DREAMING again!

Love your enthusiam..you're getting me even more excited for our cruise next month. We enjoy travel too and can't wait to try out the Dream:goodvibes

We just finished up our first cruise, it was on the Dream. It was everything we would want it to be. A truly wonderful vacation! I was say go, and form your own opinion. I think you would have a great time.

Been reading lots of negative reviews about the food and service on the Dream. We went on the Wonder a few years back and loved every minute of it. Should we avoid the Dream until the get the kinks out? Dont want to spend all of that money and not have the same awesome experience we had last time.

Did you look at the reviews on the Cruise Critic site? There are many for all the Disney ships and they tend to be pretty spot on. I haven't looked but maybe you'll find more thorough and fair reviews there?

Katherine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!