lost two contracts

quandrea

DIS Veteran
:worried:

Offered on a SSR yesterday, got scooped up from under me. Offered on an AKL today, it sold full asking before it even was up and listed. It's a tough market.

Offered on a SSR yesterday, got scooped up from under me. Offered on an AKL today, it sold full asking before it even was up and listed. It's a tough market.

Yep, it's a very fast-moving market right now. But the bright is that with the two resorts you're looking at, there are PLENTY of fish in the sea. Happy hunting!

Thanks. Called Disney today, and even with the incentives, they are so much more. Guess I'll have to keep stalking the resale sites. Any idea about how long this might take?

It's definitely a seller's market now. The supply of contracts is much smaller than last year and the prices are up, in some cases up quiet a lot.

Best advice is figure out how much you want or can afford to spend and base your offers on that. Anything that then gets by you, you couldn't have afforded anyway so no big deal.

It's definitely a seller's market now. The supply of contracts is much smaller than last year and the prices are up, in some cases up quiet a lot.

Best advice is figure out how much you want or can afford to spend and base your offers on that. Anything that then gets by you, you couldn't have afforded anyway so no big deal.

Good advice. I was looking in March for a friend and wish my husband had mentioned then that he wanted to add on. The market was in a much better place that short time ago. This may have to wait for a while. I think we'd be happy at the $66 per point for the 200 contract. May not be sweet enough for most sellers right now, I fear.

I'm sorry!

We are kicking around selling our contract and buying a smaller contract (just can't get DH on board about renting out points to strangers). I've been browsing the listings and can't believe how quickly some of the contracts are disappearing as compared to last year. Not sure how actual selling prices are going since I haven't made an offer yet, but the listing starting prices are up from this time last year.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but you didn't really lose anything. You made some offers and got outbid, that's part of the game. There are many on here who have had accepted offers, put down a deposit only to have their contract taken by ROFR 30 days later. That is the real bummer.

I'm not trying to be insulting, only trying to put things into perspective. :)

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but you didn't really lose anything. You made some offers and got outbid, that's part of the game. There are many on here who have had accepted offers, put down a deposit only to have their contract taken by ROFR 30 days later. That is the real bummer.

So true. Not insulted at all.

Just be patient and keep going. We wanted VGC and we had to wait 4 months for the right contract to come up. We didn't get the first one I saw but we got the second. Buying resale is not a 5 minute job. It is a sellers market out there but less so for SSR and AKV and there are still a lot of contracts listed. It will happen for you

Yup I had 2 contracts taken in the past 3 months and a 3rd contract that we made a full offer price on and the sellers decided they wanted MORE money - they were from the UK so I was told there was little to no recourse - that contract was listed for 60.00PP they decided to up it to 70.00PP and crazy enough it was sold for 77.00PP maybe it pays to break a written contract. LONG process - but..... I do believe it all happened for a reason and over the past few months I have made vacations plans (4 trips) that bring me through to March all non Disney! Just gotta have enough points for another GV during NYE week 2014 - that's my goal.

Yup I had 2 contracts taken in the past 3 months and a 3rd contract that we made a full offer price on and the sellers decided they wanted MORE money - they were from the UK so I was told there was little to no recourse - that contract was listed for 60.00PP they decided to up it to 70.00PP and crazy enough it was sold for 77.00PP maybe it pays to break a written contract. LONG process - but..... I do believe it all happened for a reason and over the past few months I have made vacations plans (4 trips) that bring me through to March all non Disney! Just gotta have enough points for another GV during NYE week 2014 - that's my goal.

Yikes- everything for a reason! I hope you find a great BW contract soon! Enjoy your trips and soon enough you will enjoy using your points!

Yup I had 2 contracts taken in the past 3 months

Five since February here. And another one being sent to off to be stolen next week. What do they say about insanity...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? That's me I think. :)

Don't forget the people who made it through ROFR only to have the seller stick it to them;)

That wasted an extra month and has $13g sitting in First American Title escrow account for 2 months now:thumbsup2

These stories make buying direct seem good.

Now way, I have accumullated 490 points at 3 resorts for roughly 32g. Price of the same points direct at today's prices?........$67700 plus closing.

Direct still sound good?:sad2:

I am a first time buyer going through resale. I would rather wait and save 10,000 plus than buy direct!

1st time buyer = resale. It's when you get down to only needing (or wanting) a small amount of points to get the home advantage that resale gets :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!