Lost & Found

JanMW

Earning My Ears
Just got off the Wonder yesterday, and found out my mom had left her wallet with her driver's license in the stateroom. Filled out the lost report and received a reply that stated all items left in the room would be sent back to Orlando and then returned if found. Does anyone have any experience with this and how long it takes to get your items back? I am debating whether to take her to the DMV to replace it or just wait it out.

Personally, I would replace it, as you really don't know if you'll ever hear anything back, let along get the wallet back. I would also immediately cancel any credit cards that may have been in the wallet

I heard back every sat for 3 weeks and they still haven’t found it and it was a sweater hanging up on the peg in the room. So I would not hold your breath.

A relative left her cell phone in our cabin on the Fantasy, July of 2017. We had to wait about 5days to find out. We were on a 10 night and the cruise after was 3 nights. They told us we would have to wait until the cruise after ours returned.
I had called several times to stay on top of this. They did send the phone back to her.

Due to the nature of what was lost I would plan on not getting it back. She very well may get it returned but with it being a wallet it is probably best to cancel cards and replace them rather than risk it and wait hoping someone returns it. My assumption if they did not already have it would be that it wasn't noticed in the room meaning the next person would be in the room with it and they'll look for it after the next guest checks out. I would keep calling but replacing the cards is a good idea at this point.

Thank you for your replys. Luckily there were no credit cards, just her driver's license. I think I will give it 2 weeks then take her to the DMV to replace it. Its just that we want to avoid CA dmvs and it will cost $28 to replace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter