Lost 2 park days to Irma, anyone have luck getting those days to use later?

My sister originally had a 7-day PH from Undercover Tourist (I have an AP). Then with Irma, we actually came 2 days earlier, so upgraded it to a 10-day PH (so we could also go the morning before the Halloween party; this was also before the days were officially cancelled). So in the end she ended up using 8-days. We stopped at concierge at POFQ and she wasn't able to help because it wasn't purchased direct from Disney, so instead gave us the phone number/email.

We're still waiting to hear back, but if they give her a 2-day park hopper we are seriously considering going back this March for Flower and Garden! On the DME bus back to the airport I was saying, I loved this trip, but maybe its a once every 5 yrs sort of thing...yeah that's not going to work!

Just wanted to give an update. I DID try to take care of this at the hotel before I left, and was told because it was a package I booked online they could not do anything and I had to email the address they gave me. After weeks of no response, I tried calling, spent many hours on hold getting sent to the wrong department over the course of many days.

That being said, I eventually spoke with a great lady (left a glowing review on the survey!) who apologized for the run around I had gotten (I was polite and respectful to every person I had contact with, simply making my request and never demanding or threatening or complaining, simply requesting to be able to use the two days remaining on my park hoppers at a future visit) The last woman I spoke with made magic happen, and I was given two 2 day park hoppers to use on an upcoming visit.

I really don't understand why some folks here seem to think I was demanding Walt's first born and blaming Disney for global warming... of course they can't control the weather. I did lose a lot more value than two days in the parks... we lost 2 days of dining and 2 days of memory maker as well. I did not ask nor expect any compensation for that, and allowing me to come back for 2 days does not COST Disney a dime, I will be staying on site and spending more money there. I appreciate all the helpful advice I did receive.

Just wanted to give an update. I DID try to take care of this at the hotel before I left, and was told because it was a package I booked online they could not do anything and I had to email the address they gave me. After weeks of no response, I tried calling, spent many hours on hold getting sent to the wrong department over the course of many days.

That being said, I eventually spoke with a great lady (left a glowing review on the survey!) who apologized for the run around I had gotten (I was polite and respectful to every person I had contact with, simply making my request and never demanding or threatening or complaining, simply requesting to be able to use the two days remaining on my park hoppers at a future visit) The last woman I spoke with made magic happen, and I was given two 2 day park hoppers to use on an upcoming visit.

I really don't understand why some folks here seem to think I was demanding Walt's first born and blaming Disney for global warming... of course they can't control the weather. I did lose a lot more value than two days in the parks... we lost 2 days of dining and 2 days of memory maker as well. I did not ask nor expect any compensation for that, and allowing me to come back for 2 days does not COST Disney a dime, I will be staying on site and spending more money there. I appreciate all the helpful advice I did receive.
That shouldn't have been so hard. Glad you finally got it taken care of though.

We lost all of our "Water park & more" days that we were required to purchase to get Free Dining. I emailed the address I was given and after 10 days I received an email saying that they would be sending us 6 water park tickets. Perfect.
I am sure they are overloaded by requests, so give them a little bit of time and I'm sure they will get back with you. Good Luck!

Free dining needed park hopper not water park and more... did you buy more then you needed?

Sorry you went through that. I don't consider that magic just what should have happened. You didn't ask back for services used (hotel) you asked back what you didn't use because the company closed it. If the movie theater closes for any reason and you already bought tickets they are going to refund the money. Simple as that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter