Losing inches

Sandi12404

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me where on your body you're supposed to do your measurments? I started Slim in 6 3 weeks ago and weighed and measured mysellf before I started. 3 weeks later I did the same thing and lost 8 pounds and 13 inches but my clothes still fit fine. Maybe a tad looser but I would think 2inches off my waist, 3 off my hips and 2 off each thigh would get me into a size smaller. So I'm wondering if I'm measuring in the right place on my body.

I have no clue about the scientific answer of where to measure. I usually just measure the "largest" part, or a certain distance from something (like, two inches above my belly button, or four fingers above my elbow or whatnot.

But I wanted to say CONGRATS on the weight loss! That's awesome!

I would say perhaps the clothing size issue might be due to what size type of clothes they are? If they have a lot of stretch, you might not sense that they are looser. Ditto if they are a cling-y material. I really have no clue but my advice is to pick ONE pair of pants that you try on at different milestones/mini-goals (3 weeks, 1 month or whatever). I think Jeans or khaki-type pants work best. Preferably ones that you want to fit INTO, not ones that fit now that you want to see how loose they become.

I lost 10 pounds in the last few months, and my current clothes are a lot looser but I have yet to fit into the next smaller size in new clothes so I feel your pain! :(

good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter