Lordy! Lordy! DH is turning 40! Never too old for WDW! TR w/Pics 6/20/09-06/26/09

:surfweb: Months later looking back on our June WDW trip, it still puts a smile on my face. DH had "the best" birthday of his life and I am glad to have experienced it with him and the children. WDW is the place DH turned the BIG 40 and will forever have a special place in our hearts. He has taken the new age in stride and no sports cars are in his near future. ;) (However, he is picking up his new motorcycle tomorrow. :lmao:)

One thing I discovered this trip is that we had been spoiled only traveling during non-peak weaks. I read about the crazy crowds and lines during the summer. But, seeing it for ourselves made me appreciate WDW during the first week of December even more. Even Thanksgiving crowds are not as bad as what we encountered (I have to put IMO because there are varied opinions on the DISboards regarding everyone's take on crowded and uncrowded;)). Also, the heat and humidity was so energy draining that we have no plans to return to WDW from the end of May to the end of September. :sad2: Summer at WDW is NOT for us. However, we still came away with a magical trip that only Disney can provide. :wizard:

We found a new favorite WDW restaurant this trip, Tutto Italia. That was honestly a surprise hit. I reluctantly booked it when Le Cellier was all booked up. Sometimes things happen for a reason. :wizard:

Having DH's special Birthday Fastpass let us explore Innoventions all to ourselves. While people were rushing to be the first on Soarin' or Test Track we took our time that day and really got to experience Epcot. Great day! :thumbsup2

:umbrella: It did rain allot during this trip. The weather forecast called for scattered thunderstorms for our whole trip. So, I am actually thankful for the non-rain times we had at WDW. It definitely could have been worse. :scared1:

:hug: Thank you to those that read this Trip Report. It was fun putting it together. I hope you found it entertaining and informative. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to post ... :surfweb:

I just booked all our ADRs for our upcoming two week WDW trip for our Anniversary, Thanksgiving AND the first week of December (my favorite time of the year at WDW :love:).

Keep a look out for my Pre-Trip Report ... :surfweb:

:goodvibes Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter