Loop 1500 or 2000 for my 24 foot Pop UP camper

Northernlites

Mouseketeer
HI This is our first visit to the Fort. Our camper is 24 feet when opened. We are coming in August 2019. Will there be an issue with either loop regarding the size? We still want to have room to move around and have some shade from our side awning. Someone said the pop up sites were 10 x 25 feet but I believe that is the pad they were talking about?

Last edited:
You will fit in either. The 1500 is across from the Meadows (pool, recreation & store) while the 2000 is much bigger but away from everything, much quieter.

You will fit in either. The 1500 is across from the Meadows (pool, recreation & store) while the 2000 is much bigger but away from everything, much quieter.

This.

Generally, 2000 has more sites (nearly 70 with 2 Comfort Stations) and the tent pads are generally bigger. 1500 only has 21-22 sites and shares a Comfort Station with 1600. And the tent pads are smaller for the most part. The paved drives in both are not very long.

My former Jayco pop-up was 24' feet when opened up and it worked in both loops. I preferred 1500 for the reasons Cousin Ed C gave.

Bama Ed

Either loop is fine. Our is 26' when opened and we camp in both regularly. The sites at 1500 are considerably smaller, but accommodate the camper easily. The loop 2000 have much bigger sites, but it's more noisy and busy, with lots of people. I prefer the quiet and location of 1500. All site are somewhat shaded.

We have been next to both loops on several occasions and the 2000 has always been much louder, I think the larger sites brings more of the weekend warriors in with multiple families on the site.

Size-either loop works. 1500 smaller, 2000 larger.
Activity & noise - your preference and also impacted by the days of the week you are visiting and if you are traveling with kids.
2000-during the week it's very quiet. On the weekend can turn into party town. Further away from the Meadows Trading Post/Pool but there is a great shortcut path thru the Creekside Meadow Group Camping area and 900 loop. It is also close to the Wilderness Pool which tends to be quieter and more adults.
1500-good loop especially if traveling with kids due to proximity to Meadows Trading Post, Pool, Chip and Dale, and Movies. Doesn't seem to get as many large groups due to site size but has LOTS of kiddos!
Enjoy!

Another issue with being in 2100 (next to 2000 loop) is the prevalence of the new "van" style small motorhomes. These are apparently allowed in 2000 and 1500 even though they are identical in function to any other class C or class A. Since Disney does not have a dump station they instruct guests to simply use an empty full hook up site to dump. Well, the sites on either side of us frequently were open due to guests only staying a few days. The CM would come in the AM and clean the site, frequently (at least 5 or 6 times during our stay) someone from the 2000 would dump on the site next door, several times they would make a mess and then just drive away leaving it for the unlucky next guest not to mention it wasnt very appealing to us.

We just stayed in 2056 with a popup. We had room for the Suburban and a golf cart, no problem. We had room beside the pup to put our easy up and all 6 chairs, plus the firepit.

Attachments

• P_20190310_231909_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20190310_231909_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 14
  • P_20190311_100024_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20190311_100024_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 14

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter