Loop 100 or others closest to boat dock/food

chateau

DIS Veteran
I'm interested in pitching a tent closest to the boat transportation and dining. Being these are preferred sites, where the big guns park, would it be overwhelming? Can someone tell me how far it would be from this loop, or other close loops, to the boat dock? I have little ones and liked riding the boat last trip (as opposed to the buses), so we thought we'd give this a try. Any other advice for Fall camping too? thanks!!!

Tent or MH makes no difference we're all campers. If you stay in 100 by the Settlement side it may be a bit noisy. So, far side of 100 or 200 might be best. All about a 5 minute or less walk. As far as fall, bring a fan and heater or heavier sleeping gear. You never know.

Thanks... that's the kind of insider info I was looking for!!! The kids can surely handle a 5 minute walk! I can't wait! And, yes, I will definately bring a heater, just in case.:thumbsup2

I'm interested in pitching a tent closest to the boat transportation and dining. Being these are preferred sites, where the big guns park, would it be overwhelming? Can someone tell me how far it would be from this loop, or other close loops, to the boat dock? I have little ones and liked riding the boat last trip (as opposed to the buses), so we thought we'd give this a try. Any other advice for Fall camping too? thanks!!!

We just got back from spending 10 nights in loop 100. It's our favorite. It's true as PP said that it could be noisy in a tent - lots of comings and goings and in early morning hours (before daylight) loud delivery trucks to the restaurant and settlement store.

We stay in our MH but still hear them unless we use our noise machine which we tend to do most of the time anyway wherever we are.

You would only use the boats for MK and the buses to outpost to catch the external buses to the other parks. You also could, technically, catch a small boat to CR, monorail to TTC, then transfer to Epcot monorail (bit of a hassle though).

Enjoy your camping stay. pixiedust:

We just got back from spending 10 nights in loop 100. It's our favorite. It's true as PP said that it could be noisy in a tent - lots of comings and goings and in early morning hours (before daylight) loud delivery trucks to the restaurant and settlement store.

We stay in our MH but still hear them unless we use our noise machine which we tend to do most of the time anyway wherever we are.

You would only use the boats for MK and the buses to outpost to catch the external buses to the other parks. You also could, technically, catch a small boat to CR, monorail to TTC, then transfer to Epcot monorail (bit of a hassle though).

Enjoy your camping stay. pixiedust:

We have stayed in the 200 loop two different trips and found that along the back of the loop the noise was not much of a factor. Along the front of the loop we would sometimes hear the buses. Also, FYI, all throughout the preferred loops you will certainly hear the Electrical Water parade each night loud and clear (though for us it was one of the best parts of our trip!):thumbsup2.

North of Mouse, hope you had a great trip and was wondering if there is a trip report coming?:cool1::cool1:

My DS and I stayed in loop 200 a little more than a year ago and didn't have any issues related to noise. We were in site 202 which is close to the entrance to the loop and next to the comfort station. While we were there we talked to a family that was camping in a tent alongside of the path that runs from loop 100 to the settlement trading post. They said that they were so exhausted after a long day at the parks they didn't hear anything at night.

We have stayed in the 200 loop two different trips and found that along the back of the loop the noise was not much of a factor. Along the front of the loop we would sometimes hear the buses. Also, FYI, all throughout the preferred loops you will certainly hear the Electrical Water parade each night loud and clear (though for us it was one of the best parts of our trip!):thumbsup2.

North of Mouse, hope you had a great trip and was wondering if there is a trip report coming?:cool1::cool1:

Didn't mean to infer that the noise bothered us, it didn't. Was just thinking about the OP being in a tent with children. Our noise machine cancelled out any noise from outside when sleeping - no problems. We too, have camped in the backside of the loops, but really enjoyed our site 117 right near the trail to the boat dock :)

Thanks, we had a wonderful trip with gorgeous weather, but sorry, no trip report ;)
I'm terrible at remembering what we did, and when, LOL, think age may be creeping up too fast :rolleyes1 Not much of a *note taker* either, or planners - just sort of fly *by the seat of our pants* :wave2:

This is fantastic advice everyone! You're taking into account things that are true to our family (like a noise machine won't do much in a tent :) ). I'll keep checking back for more input, and if anyone has trip reports they recommend, please let me know. I should add, the reason I prefer the close to boat transportation is that the kids handled the boat transportation on the last trip (stayed at the Lodge) so much better than buses, and we are likely to go mostly to MK anyway (they're still small). I think the boat "rides" were a treat to them, rather than a means of getting around. They liked the monorail too! That could've been the novelty of it, though. Transportation is a big factor in next trip!

My DS and I stayed in loop 200 a little more than a year ago and didn't have any issues related to noise. We were in site 202 which is close to the entrance to the loop and next to the comfort station. While we were there we talked to a family that was camping in a tent alongside of the path that runs from loop 100 to the settlement trading post. They said that they were so exhausted after a long day at the parks they didn't hear anything at night.
yes, the kids have never slept so well as they did after a day at Disney!

We too, have camped in the backside of the loops, but really enjoyed our site 117 right near the trail to the boat dock :)
I know I can't request a certain place (like site 117) but this is the info I like to hear (right near the trail to the boat dock). The map I have of the campground doesn't show little things like paths to the docks, and is a bit unclear of how to get to the main buildings too. We will be heading over to Tri-Circle again too, and am unsure of the best way to get there. Guess I'll figure it out! :)

We have stayed in the 200 loop two different trips and found that along the back of the loop the noise was not much of a factor. Along the front of the loop we would sometimes hear the buses. Also, FYI, all throughout the preferred loops you will certainly hear the Electrical Water parade each night loud and clear (though for us it was one of the best parts of our trip!)

We never were awake long enough to see the Electrical Water parade.... it was an exhausting trip!

We've stayed at loop 100 4 times and really like it. Just an FYI when useing the internal buses get off at the 300 loop bus stop. The 100 stop is down by the horse barn.

We've stayed at loop 100 4 times and really like it. Just an FYI when useing the internal buses get off at the 300 loop bus stop. The 100 stop is down by the horse barn.

Actually it's a little further to get off at the 300/500 bus stop, than go to the settlement and get off there. We have camped in loop 100 many, many times.

I'm just worried I may not sleep well if there's too much commotion. Reassurance would be great!:thumbsup2

I'm just worried I may not sleep well if there's too much commotion. Reassurance would be great!:thumbsup2

Never have slept in a tent, and realize you would hear everything going on around you, but really, unless you were in a site close to the road you would probably be fine.

Just request a site on far back of loop (two drawbacks there of course - 1. farther to walk to bus/boat. 2. Farther from the restrooms - they are at the front of the loop).

If I were in your situation and wanted to be close, I'd just bring a noise machine. It cancels out most noises - we just use the *white* noise.

Good luck! Any more questions, will try to help :goodvibes

:cool1:YES! You are right! I forgot that there is ELECTRIC and I can use it to plug in our machine! GREAT suggestion- I thank you greatly!:cool1:

Loop 700 or 400 would be my choice being close to trails end. They are on the other side of the road and much quieter. The site are larger also.

wonder if they make little ear plugs for kids.... I'll sneak 'em in their ears!

I have made a request for Loop 700 but it does not have a bathroom except one across the road in another loop. Last time I camped there I did not have little ones, and wasn't that big a deal for the teenagers to walk across the street if they wanted to use the campgrounds bathroom. Seems like its loop 400 they share with, but not for sure. Just thought I would throw this in for thought. I have camped 100 and 700 loop. I liked both and walked to catch the boat and bus from both. 700 will be a little more walk to catch the boat than 100 loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter