Looney's Trip -Day 6- The bathroom & I have become best friends!

LooneyIAm

Earning My Ears
So here we are - Thursday - 8/8/02. Are we ever going to get to any kind of somewhat normal form of a vacation here? Maybe this is as "normal" as we will ever get and we better quit while we are ahead........what do you think?

Well, we decided to sleep in today and just kind of take it easy. Maybe we'll be "safer" that way - stay away from food, bugs, you name it, we're going to stay away from it :p

Of course, before we head out, I hear the bathroom calling my name (I hope I am not grossing anyone out with these stories, but I had to live it, I think you can survive reading about it :) I kept protesting........it was me against the bathroom.......no I wasn't going in there........not again! But guess what.......it was stronger than me.........and I decided if you can't fight em, join em....so that was the day the bathroom and I became best friends! Hey most of my trip seemed to be spent in their, we might as well make the most of our relationship, right?

I knew it was being disloyal to my new-found friend, but I had had just about enough of this. I headed right for the Immodium and I downed a couple pills with a great big swig of water. And I turned to that bathroom door and said "that will be just about enough of that my friend!" Our relationship is over - I am moving on to bigger and better things!

I know - I am insane - but it is either that or go completely crazy :)

So we take our time getting ourselves up and around and decide we should just go outside of Disney to do some souvenier shopping (I am now an expert and DH cannot question that, right?) You mention something outside Disney, I'll tell you right where it's located! Well.........that is, if it's on the way to Centra Care ;)

So we head out and down the road a little ways and find a cheap souvenier store (hey, I spent all my money on doctor bills, what do you people want from me.......castles from the stores on Main Street? Well, guess what you are getting? Plates from the Souvenier Special Shop. We spend about 1/2 hour looking around and I find everything I need and we head back to OKW - I am picturing laying around at the pool this afternoon and doing absolutely nothing else!

DS really wanted to see Fantasmic, so we made PS for Hollywood & Vine's Fantasmic Pkg. for that evening. We figured we would go late in the afternoon to MGM, finish what we didn't get to see before and then head to dinner and the show.

So we swam, relaxed, then showered, dressed and headed to MGM. We all decided to go on the Animation Tour, went inside and I heard the announcement, "this tour will take 35 minutes, there is no exit once you are on the tour and THERE IS NO RESTROOM" ok that did it for me..........no restroom - no me! So DH and I took a little walk and then found a bench and waited for the kids. They enjoyed the animation tour and told us about it when they came out. We walked around, did a few other "mild" attractions and headed to Hollywood & Vine. We were seated within 5 minutes of arriving and were given our preferred seating ticket for Fantasmic right away. The rest of my crew went up to check out the buffet right away, but I took my time, contemplating what would be "safe" for me to eat. I had to plan this out.....after all.........arena seating is definitely not where you want to be when you feel sick. So I decided on some beef I think it was and definitely some mashed potatoes and a small piece of bread. Wow, I am definitely living the good life now! Should I go for seconds on that? Nah, tomorrow is another day! The buffet was very nice at Hollywood & Vine. It is not as extensive as Chef Mickeys and I was disappointed in the dessert choices, but I would probably eat there again. And as we found out when we headed for the Fantasmic Show, it was definitely worth getting the package (at least to us). We were directed into a special entrance and when we stepped inside the arena, we realized the place was jam-packed with people and was nearly full, except for the area we were heading to. We got great seats almost nearly dead-center. The only thing I really didn't like was the wait. We were there 45 minutes before the show started and it was hot and there were lots of people and someone from Hollywood & Vine cooked with a whole lot of salt, because now I was really thirsty. But the drinks were sold in a courtyard behind the seating and there was no way I was climbing over 10 people to go get a drink and then again to come back to my seat. I just figured I would suffer it out.

Well the CM's worked to get the crowd pumped up. They started "the wave" going back and forth and clapping and it was a lot of fun! Then the show started. I thought Fantasmic was just fantastic! (Is that corny or what?) It really was a great show and the ending was the best - they do the greatest things at Disney - especially for the little kids. But I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

So we followed the five million other people out of the arena and were surprised at how quickly we were on a bus back to OKW. I stopped at a soda machine and got an iced tea on the way to the bus, so I was a happy camper! (And did you notice I didn't have a bathroom stop since this morning?) :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Things are definitely looking better now, aren't they? Only problem is, tomorrow is our last day and we are moving out of OKW and staying off-property for our last night. Anyone remember that song, "isn't it ironic"? I think I am living it!

I'm glad the immodium helped you seperate from your new best friend. :) Its a shame you couldn't enjoy the great meal at H&V. Hope tomorrow finds you feeling better.

so glad you are all feeling better

fantasmic is my favorite show in DW!

:D I just love Fantasmic! Next trip, we are planning on trying Hollywood and Vine so we can do the Fantasmic dinner package. I'm glad everyone is finally feeling better!

Immodium is our friend ;)

We always do the Fantasmic dinner package it just makes viewing Fantasmic a more relaxing experience. We ate at Mama Melrose last time and it was great :)

Thanks for posting this.

Katholyn

We have not been to Fantasmic yet, but will try in October!

It's bitter sweet, you splitting with your new friend;)

Thanks again for a great report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter