Looks Like the POLY is Our Laughin' Place! - An Aug 2017 PTR - COMPELTE, TR LINK POSTED

Ugh Finals. This semester. When do we get to the part where I'm living vicariously through you on your return trip?

Ugh Finals. This semester. When do we get to the part where I'm living vicariously through you on your return trip?

UUUUUUGHHHHHHHHH IT'S TOO FAR AWAY, SIS.

I'm literally procrastinating right this moment... my math professor was like "the final is going to be MUCH easier than any of my personal exams" and I'm just like *praise emoji* *exhale emoji*. Still I have so much ish to do INCLUDING packing which I literally don't even want to think about because my life is going to be RUINED by said packing.

Picked up some cute stuff at Sephora a few days ago, tho. There might be a "makeup I'm bringing to WDW" post coming up soon.

Picked up some cute stuff at Sephora a few days ago, tho. There might be a "makeup I'm bringing to WDW" post coming up soon.

YAAAAASSSS Gurl, I'm so proud of my eye make-up skills now since Disney, you don't even know. I need to start learning how to contour tho (sorry, off-topic).

School's Out!
73 Days Out

Well guys... I finished the semester on Monday!

tumblr_nhifc5uHOy1rvhqlvo1_400.gif

Academically speaking... not my best semester! But I had fun. We had our moments. We had some great times! Met some new friends, made some new sisters, and saw some new pieces of theatre. All in all, I had fun. My last final was Monday morning and after a few hours of packing, I was home by 8 that night.

Now I'm chilling at home, enjoying the warm weather and not stressing out about classes! I start my summer job of clerical work/camp counseling for a nearby town's rec department in less than a month, but until then, I'm unpacking and soaking up the sun. And cooking, sometimes.

My birthday is on Sunday, and I celebrated with friends yesterday. I went back into the city with my friend Alex and we met up with our other friends Kerry and Ali. Of course no trip to Times Square is complete without a stop at the most magical store in Manhattan!

DAIgoSyUIAEl8gU.jpg

We went to Schmackary's to support Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS' annual fundraising event "Broadway Bakes". Schmackary's is a popular Broadway fan destination in the theatre district. Every year, BC/EFA pulls a bunch of Broadway actors together to sell pictures, autographs, and above all, COOKIES in support of their charity, which helps provide healthcare for sick actors, as well as raises funds for AIDS-related causes across America. They're the same group that puts together the Broadway Flea Market every year! I'm also pretty sure they work with BroadwayCon but don't quote me on it.

Yesterday afternoon's Broadway Bakes lineup was billed as "The Cast of Newsies: The Movie" (the recent pro-shot, not the 1992 film!), and I was SO excited. I had never been to Broadway Bakes before, but was so hoping that there would be at least a few Newsies included in this years lineup. All of my favorites were there and I bought a picture for $5.

DADv1KCUIAAbRQf.jpg

I also bought a cookie from more Newsies behind the counter. LOVE these boys. After we were done here, my friends and I got some dinner together before we called it a day. I had a lot of fun!

And I may have purchased a lil' somethin-somethin for my trip online...

DAIgoSyVoAELUzE.jpg

I just fell in love with this design and new I had to have it on my band this year! I'm so excited for it to come in and I think I'll pair it with an orange band this year. I haven't done orange yet and it seems like the MB orange will really compliment the orange accents on the pattern. It's très chic, especially since I'm staying at the Poly.

I'll update you guys again soon! Now that I'm out of school, I have a lot of time to donate to this PTR.

You know my CP band was orange. Technically, it was a BB-8 band buutttt.... LIZZIE MCGUIRE YOU ARE A MAGIC BAND REPEATER!!!

You know my CP band was orange. Technically, it was a BB-8 band buutttt.... LIZZIE MCGUIRE YOU ARE A MAGIC BAND REPEATER!!!

It's so CUTE that you're insinuating that there's a coorelation between your BB-8 band and my FLORAL ELEGANZA FASHION PIECE that happens to also be orange... and is also a 2.0 version

tumblr_meudjkOvw71qbzqexo1_r1_500.gif

It's so CUTE that you're insinuating that there's a coorelation between your BB-8 band and my FLORAL ELEGANZA FASHION PIECE that happens to also be orange... and is also a 2.0 version

tumblr_meudjkOvw71qbzqexo1_r1_500.gif

Ok, Mimi Imfurst. Ok.

Ears, Shirts, and Birthday Candles!
69 Days Out

So, yesterday I turned 20 years old! party:

tumblr_n2jimpzpyd1s8lk9fo2_400.gif

I had a really nice day! I had a relaxing morning and then I met up with my friend Kaity in the evening- we had a great dinner at Cheesecake Factory, then we went home together and had a sleepover while we watched the billboard awards. It was such a fun day! And of course... I received/purchased a LOT of new stuff for the trip! :earsgirl:

We went to the Cheesecake Factory at the Bridgewater Mall last night, and of course, you can't go to the Bridgewater Mall without stopping off at the Disney store! Mom, Grace, and I all got T-Shirts for the trip since they were on sale ($18 each when you buy 2 or two). Mom bought a Minnie Mouse bow t-shirt, Grace bought a Belle t-shirt, and I FINALLY got my hands on this tank!

I've seen this shirt in the Times Square Disney Store every time I've been in there since January (so about 20 times) and every time I've been in there I've contemplated buying it. But good things come to those who wait!

Kaity came bearing a gift from me that made me CRY. Remember that Tinker Bell bag I was talking about? Well, it's hard to find (for obvious reasons) but she got me THIS bag and I love it just as much because Ariel is my second favorite girl and this bag is just INCREDIBLE.

91PsXsZ5W7L._UL1500_.jpg

It's just like me: glittery, compact, and INCREDIBLY sassy. It's going to make an awesome park bag! I'm so grateful for Kaity for buying me this amazing gift and I can't wait to use it as much as possible!

One of the birthday gifts my parents got me was a gift card that I used to buy these two shirts I had been looking at online for a bit:

DAdIHhOWAAADRpt.jpg

The second tee I wanted from Once Upon a Mickey Tee! Not in these colors, though- mine is in a light blue with gold foil lettering.

My friends sent this next one in a group chat ironically because they were like, "LOL NEWSIES", buuuut... I had to have it because I relate to it too much.

DAdIKoWW0AAzur7.jpg

Howard Ashman and Alan Menken were the genius pair behind the music to The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast (and The Little Mermaid!), which makes this shirt perfect for Hollywood Studios. Menken also composed the scores for Pocahontas, Hercules, Tangled, Enchanted, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and of course... Newsies :rolleyes1 I can't wait to wear this one with the bag Kaity got me in the Studios!

The final gift I got for my birthday has to be my favorite. This came in a giant cardboard box and the return address was "The Krafty Mouse", so I was like, ooh la la, mom did some etsy shopping for me! I opened the box and these were inside and holy heck, I can not wait to wear these!

DAdGo_2WAAAj-cV.jpg

I have a LOT of ears... but none that are purple with flowers and pearls and a UNICORN HORN! I am so, SO IN LOVE!

That's the update for today! I hope you guys had a great weekend too! See you later.

-Kaitlyn

Omg you are going to look so GLAM at the parks. I love the Sebastian bag, the Ashman & Menken shirt (because same) and THOSE EARS. Ugh, I need more ears.

(inserts the usual read-for-filth, but everything's so cute I can't so there)

Omg you are going to look so GLAM at the parks. I love the Sebastian bag, the Ashman & Menken shirt (because same) and THOSE EARS. Ugh, I need more ears.

(inserts the usual read-for-filth, but everything's so cute I can't so there)

Thank you dooooollllfaaaaaaace! puckerup: The only thing that would make me more #glam was if I had my best friend timmy by my side... :sad:

Don't worry, I'll make my next update #readable for you.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Such awesome stuff you got!!

Thank you so, so much!! :cutie:

Finally... Some FP+ Plans!
67 days out

So... we're officially a week away from my FP+ dates, which means it's time to address the elephant in the room...

3LNThu.gif

... Actually making FP+ plans.

As Disney adds more new attractions under reign of FP+, making these plans gets harder and harder to do. Between the tier system in Epcot, DHS, and AK and just how diverse and spontaneous my family's touring style is, outlining these plans is kind of a chore. I get an adrenaline rush making them at midnight, but planning them? Yikes. Even when I get a FP+ everyone's happy with, good luck getting my family on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad between 4:10-5:10 when all they want to do is stay at the pool come MK day.

It's just so hard being the planner!

CgjPB.gif

Buuuut, it's a burden I alone can bear in this family, since neither of my parents can tell a Tier 1 from a Tier 3 and Grace doesn't even enjoy going on most rides.

shade-latrice.gif

SO! I've done what I can below. Making FP+ arrangements isn't easy with my family, but they seem to be mostly happy with what I've come up with.

Monday, July 31
11:00-12:00 Peter Pan's Flight
12:05-1:05 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
1:10-2:10 Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

I'm trying to keep these all together and as early in the morning after our breakfast reservation as possible. I know my family, and I know they're not going to want to stay all day. In fact, they might want to head back to the resort for a dip in the pool before we even get to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. If I can only get a SDMT FP+ for the evening, that's fine too. They'll want to come back after they're done in the pool.

Wednesday, August 2
3:00-4:00 The Seas with Nemo and Friends
4:05-5:05 Spaceship Earth
5:10-6:10 Frozen Ever After

So I'm doing reverse-Monday for our Epcot day. I'm going to put FEA (or Soarin') just before our dinner ressie because I know my family would want to do that most of all and realistically I doubt they'll be showing up to the park before 4 for a 6:30 dinner res anyway. And they love Spaceship Earth, so that goes next.

Thursday, August 3

12:00-1:00 Star Tours
1:05-2:05 Toy Story Midway Mania
3:00 Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

I actually think I can convince my family to come to DHS for a little bit before Spirit of Aloha, but it might be a bit of a stretch. If I tell them to sleep in and come when they're ready, they're not going to want to miss TSMM- we'll hit that first, grab some QS lunch, and mosey over to the 3:15 Indiana Jones showing when we're ready, then most likely go back to the Poly. They're not DHS people, but I am, so I'll rope drop and hit RnRC and GMR and some meet and greets before they arrive!

Friday, August 4
2:00-3:00 N'avi River Journey
3:05-4:05 Kilimanjaro Safaris
4:10-5:10 Meet Disney Friends at Adventure Outpost

Okay, this is admittedly the day I'm most worried about. I really want to see Pandora, especially with my family! I'm going to book this first and hopefully, HOPEFULLY I'll have a N'avi FP+ for everyone. And we'll end our FP+ with meeting Mickey and Minnie before our dinner at Yak & Yeti!

Those are my très ambitious FP+ plans! We'll see how they go a week from today...

412855abf0304e86ca399e9f484adb17.gif

Thanks for reading along and join me next time on PTR: Untucked!

tumblr_mccpqoimPC1qj6xzto2_250.gif

-Kaitlyn

Your choice of gifs are muy fabuloso, but WHERE MY SEASON FIVE GIRLS AT?! WHERE THEY AT?!

Also, WHY CAN'T I JOIN YOU ON YOUR DHS DAY?! I MISS MY UNLOVED BB PARK SO MUCH AND MY TOWER MISSES ME *cries uncontrollably*

Well guys... I finished the semester on Monday!

Congrats!!

My birthday is on Sunday, and I celebrated with friends yesterday

:bday::bday:

I have a LOT of ears... but none that are purple with flowers and pearls and a UNICORN HORN! I am so, SO IN LOVE!

Those are so cute!!

Those are my très ambitious FP+ plans! We'll see how they go a week from today...

Your plans sound great! It's really hard to please everyone, but it's seems like you've done a pretty good job! :)

I'm sure it's tough trying to satisfy everyone, but it sounds like you made some good plans! Good luck on FP day :)

Thank you so much! I'mma NEED that luck... :shamrock:

Your choice of gifs are muy fabuloso, but WHERE MY SEASON FIVE GIRLS AT?! WHERE THEY AT?!

Also, WHY CAN'T I JOIN YOU ON YOUR DHS DAY?! I MISS MY UNLOVED BB PARK SO MUCH AND MY TOWER MISSES ME *cries uncontrollably*

WoowwwOWW, WooooWOOOOw, WOOOooWOOOOOW

08279c7ff7deb026dc613e85411787c1.gif

When I go to DHS with my outfit on point and face beat for the Gods but you're not standing there beside me:

tumblr_mii2bzXOHz1rdutw3o1_r1_400.gif

Congrats!!

:bday::bday:

Those are so cute!!

Your plans sound great! It's really hard to please everyone, but it's seems like you've done a pretty good job! :)

Eeeeeeeep thank you!!! YOU'RE 2 DAYS AWAY NOW!!! SO EXCITING!!! I can't wait for your TR!!!!

WoowwwOWW, WooooWOOOOw, WOOOooWOOOOOW

08279c7ff7deb026dc613e85411787c1.gif

When I go to DHS with my outfit on point and face beat for the Gods but you're not standing there beside me:

tumblr_mii2bzXOHz1rdutw3o1_r1_400.gif

I see you used an Alyssa Edwards gif to make feel emotional about leaving you alone in DHS, knowing very well she is my fave and my drag idol for life that I worship daily...

Well, it worked.

rdr3_7_252_35.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter