Looks Like the POLY is Our Laughin' Place! - An Aug 2017 PTR - COMPELTE, TR LINK POSTED

Joining in! I love the Poly :love:

I hope my DD (13) will do the college program when the time comes…because I need MORE reasons to visit WDW more frequently :yay:

Your family is adorable! Can't wait to read more!

Joining in! I love the Poly :love:

I hope my DD (13) will do the college program when the time comes…because I need MORE reasons to visit WDW more frequently :yay:

Your family is adorable! Can't wait to read more!

Welcome aboard!! :flower1:

DCP a once-in-a-lifetime experience for sure! Talk about a good reason to visit WDW more!

Thanks so much... can't wait to finish this next update for you! :p

My Aug 2017 PTR Wishlist
107 Days Out
Good morning!

giphy.gif

So recently, I started thinking about what I wanted to buy for this trip. I recently bought this pair of letters from a greek life Etsy shop, and I'm obsessed!

C9YDGvoUMAAGsOE.jpg

I can not wait to wear this around the parks this August, and it got me thinking about what else I plan on ordering before the vacation comes around! Here's a few of the things I'm looking at for this vacation-

Fastpass Princess Cap from HappilyEverTees

mockup-c78e37d9_large.png

SO obsessed with this little cap. I'm going through a "dad cap" baseball cap obsession right now (like the rest of alternative teen america), and this would be perfect for the parks. And the rest of my every day life. I need it. I haven't decided on whether or not I want it in this baby pink or the nice light blue they're selling, though! The text is perfect against the pink, but I'm wearing a pink baseball cap with a unicorn on it as we speak. Can a person have too many pink dad caps?

Tees from Once Upon A Mickey Tee

OUAMTAbbyandChelseainstagramsquare-9574_medium.jpg

IMG_20170331_195545_310_medium.jpg

Okay, I am HEAD OVER HEELS for these T-Shirts!!! I'm buying Purple Wall Princess tonight and getting iced latte some other time. Out of all of the WDW T-shirt sites online, I love these shirts the most. My friends who have bought them have said they're high-quality and come in super cute packaging!

Character Collage Magic Band Decal from MagicalMonograms

il_570xN.1170979230_l50n.jpg

I've been debating on whether or not to buy a decal for my magic band this trip. Part of me really wants a simple vinyl monogram, but the other part of me wants this decal with my life! It looks like it was inspired by my favorite Disney Dooney pattern. If I can't afford a $400 Dooney bag, this'll do, right?

Peter's Kiss Necklace by Whosits and Whatsits

Whosits_Peters-Kiss-Necklace_Peter-Pan_1_1024x1024.jpg

If you don't know the story behind Whosits & Whatsits, essentially, it was founded by Tiffany Mink. She's one of the Thingamavlogs collaborators, and if you don't know Thingamavlogs, they're my favorite group of Disney based YouTubers. I've wanted to buy something from Whosits and Whatsits for about a year now, so I think I'll cop this cute necklace before we leave.

Danielle Nicole x Disney Tinker Bell Crossbody from Nordstrom

_13444779.jpg

This bag is so perfect but it's a reach. In addition to being $70, I don't know how I would feel about carrying a faux-leather bag with a pom-pom around Florida in rainy August. Still... it would be so nice to have and make for some REALLY great pictures!

Custom Parkbound Button

parkboundbuttons3.jpg

Again. This one is a reach. It's $20 to order a custom button from Parkbound, BUT... she's so sweet and does SUCH good work and I really want a Newsies button. I feel like I could die happy with one? If not this trip, next trip. I feel a Newsies button coming on.

A Grid/Dot Journal

6e7b076c7b89acb59bb379a4211abf07.jpg

Another YouTuber I watch made a video about bullet journaling a few weeks ago and I've been super-duper curious about it. I'm trying to head to Target before my semester is over to grab a cheap notebook for this trip so that I could bullet my way though it, because I think that'd be a fun, different way to capture the trip and set up the TR. I had a notebook FULL of notes for my August 2016 TR which I LOST, but the first few chapters with the notebook were amazing so I think journaling my way through the trip really works for me. Bullet Journaling is a fast, easy way to get everything written down that you want to remember. The only tough thing is finding the right notebook for it! I want a grid or dot lined journal, not a lined one, and most stores I've checked only carry lined. Sigh. Hopefully Target will have something.

And that's my Wishlist for this trip!

I've had a big past week. I had no classes Monday or Tuesday, so my best friend Austin and I decided to see Bandstand on Tuesday. We had a great time!

C9YDGrkVwAEBjn3.jpg

C9YDGiOUMAM5Pjd.jpg

C9YDGNuVoAYaNY6.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed this update! Let me know if there's anything else I should look into before I leave this August!

Lol, when all the Etsy shops you listed all follow me on Instagram. *dusts self off* And I peep that Tink crossbody in the Iced Latte shirt photo.

You totally need that Kiss necklace to match with your bestie's (aka me) Peter Pan beanie collection.

So jealous you got to see Bandstand and I'm crying over the Laura and Cory selfies. They are so perfect and beautiful and I love them and want to marry them, but they probably will never know *sad face*

What a cute wishlist you have! Love that magicband decal!!

Thank you! I'm gonna try to order the decal soon!

Lol, when all the Etsy shops you listed all follow me on Instagram. *dusts self off* And I peep that Tink crossbody in the Iced Latte shirt photo.

You totally need that Kiss necklace to match with your bestie's (aka me) Peter Pan beanie collection.

So jealous you got to see Bandstand and I'm crying over the Laura and Cory selfies. They are so perfect and beautiful and I love them and want to marry them, but they probably will never know *sad face*

well aren't you just a SPECIAL little instagram celebrity, being followed by all of the Etsy shops I listed. Bet you feel like this DISboard Emoji that I've been aching to use but have never had an appropriate occasion for: :rockband:

I think I do need that kiss and we will wear our Peter Pan merch next time we go to Magic Kingdom together and be FABulous :tinker:

Bandstand was wonderful and Laura and Corey are precious and I miss them :sad::sad::sad:

Bullet Journaling
100 days out

I GET TO DO THE DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE TOMORROW! So crazy! This process is going by waaaaay too fast!

200.webp

Since we spoke last week, I've already bought two things for the trip! The first was that purple wall princess t-shirt! It was delivered to NJ today, but I'm in NYC until next weekend. I can't wait to try it on.

The second thing I bought was... a bullet journal (and some nice pens)! Writing and journaling throughout my Disney vacations has always been special to me. I've tried various techniques in my past few vacations (and program!), including blogging, and I'm really, really excited to try this new style.

200.webp

You can read all about the bullet journal system here, if you haven't heard of it yet. It's a brand new way to document your day. It's like, "sketchpad" meets "to-do-list" meets "diary". The goal of the Bullet Journal is to provide a creative outlet in tandem with an incredibly speedy and efficient way to document your life. Regular journals and to-do list take a lot of time out of your day, and can become a chore. For example: when we went to the Wilderness Lodge in 2015, I had a regular journal and spent a LOT of time writing in it. Sometimes, that really worked. For example: during our EPCOT day, I needed a moment to relax and charge my phone for half an hour. I remember sitting in the Character Spot building, sitting on the carpet, watching the monorail zoom by as I cracked open my journal and started writing about the day for a while. Snow White walked right past me (it had been raining all day, so for some reason they decided her regular M&Gs would take place in the Character Spot building. Or something like that). It was a wonderful time! But other times, especially right before I had to go to sleep, I had to do a loooooot of writing when all I really wanted to do was go to sleep. :faint:

The bullet journal cuts that time back! I'll show you what I mean.

So the bullet journal starts with an index page and a key. Cover page is optional. I've decided to "bullet" my way through the rest of the semester, since things are picking up, and I've done this so far:

C98pSI1XgAAN48j.jpg

(Timmy can tell you about the Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat spiral I've sent us both in to)

C98pSI4XsAQulgQ.jpg

C98pSJCXsAAwgEM.jpg

C98pSJAXsAA_Atm.jpg

C99MRdYXUAYkHCf.jpg

I love, love, love it so far! It's so much fun and you really get to choose how much effort you want to put into it. Your journal can be plain and all-business, OR you can make it really pretty with tons of doodles and fun stuff.

As far as the notebook goes, they recommend dotted or graphed journals. Moleskin sells them, and their dotted journals are like $30 or something ridiculous like that. They were selling a pack of cute little graphed ones, 3 for $12, so I copped those instead. Especially since that gives me a full journal to use just on the Disney trip and I won't feel guilty about it! :thumbsup2

As far as the pens go, I bought a really nice set of 12 from punctuate. They're really double-ended markers, and ugh I'm obsessed.

Bottom line: Bullet journals are awesome and I can't wait to use one this July!

Sorry this was short! I'm going to rush off to my fieldwork now, but I'll update you guys again tomorrow... we'll have a double digit dance party! :cool1:

Oh my gosh, I hate you.

For the obvious reason and because you already have plans to see HELLO FLIPPIN' DOLLY WITH THE DIVINE MISS M AND GAVIN BAE!!!! I'm so agitated I can't make a full-fledged comment. You have left me here.

Oh my gosh! I am a TOTAL sucker for stationary/notebooks/pens…Ugh! I'm feeling myself drawn to that bullet journal, even though I will never have time to write in it and it wouldn't be nearly as cute as yours! You obviously possess artistic ability that I don't:worship::worship::worship:

And yet, and yet…I feel a shopping trip to The Paper Store coming on :rolleyes1

I am also heading over to ETSY for that cute "Best Day Ever," button :love:

I'm going to have to stop reading your report or I'll be broke :laughing:

Oh my gosh, I hate you.

For the obvious reason and because you already have plans to see HELLO FLIPPIN' DOLLY WITH THE DIVINE MISS M AND GAVIN BAE!!!! I'm so agitated I can't make a full-fledged comment. You have left me here.

Benjamin is honest as CO-CO-NUTS :beach:

Oh my gosh! I am a TOTAL sucker for stationary/notebooks/pens…Ugh! I'm feeling myself drawn to that bullet journal, even though I will never have time to write in it and it wouldn't be nearly as cute as yours! You obviously possess artistic ability that I don't:worship::worship::worship:

And yet, and yet…I feel a shopping trip to The Paper Store coming on :rolleyes1

I am also heading over to ETSY for that cute "Best Day Ever," button :love:

I'm going to have to stop reading your report or I'll be broke :laughing:

I'm a sucker for stationary, too! I can't stay away!!! Thanks for the lovely compliment... I just like to trace is all :blush:

I should have gone to a proper paper store instead of Target/B&N. Would have shaved some time off of that adventure!

UGH I LOVE ETSY!!! Go get that button!!!!

Duuuude, the reason I'm broke is because of reading other reports. It's a vicious cycle!!!

I Meddle in Mickey Mail!
92 Days Out

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the double digit dance post! Pretend I posted this, like, a week ago!

party:party:party:
So I went home for the weekend on Thursday night. Last night, mom and I saw Hello, Dolly and it was incredible. Bette Midler is having the time of her life up on that stage! Dolly is obviously very special to her and she fits the part perfectly. David Hyde Pierce and Gavin Creel also stood out in the production. The ensemble sounded terrific, the set was great, and above all: the costumes were so, so beautiful. I cried when Dolly came out in her red gown! I wouldn't be surprised if it wins the tony award for Costume Design. And Best Revival. Basically, it's going to sweep the Tonys this year. I bought a shirt AND a lapel pin because I was so in love.

C-ieU-RUAAIzDgI.jpg:thumb
C-ieU-UV0AEdhb1.jpg:thumb

Anyway, going home means checking the mail, and checking the mail means finding MICKEY MAIL!!! :mickeyjum

Some people define "Mickey Mail" as JUST mail from the official Walt Disney Company but I define it as anything I get in the mail that has to do with an upcoming trip/Walt Disney World resort in general. Which means LOOK AT THE SHIRT I BOUGHT!

C-mGxU6XgAE8F6t.jpg

C-mGxVTXsAIfA-m.jpg

(Please excuse my hair, NYC was DIS-GUS-TING on Thursday and the humidity turned me into Hermione Granger.)

So I bought that Purple Wall Princess tee from Once Upon a Mickey Tee and I am literally so in love. Their shirt came quickly and was packaged up so, so sweetly! I love the quality of the shirt and I can't wait to wear it on my Magic Kingdom day!

Okay, NOW onto the real, official Mickey Mail...

IT'S HERE!

C-mHo0iWAAA5zdD.jpg

... And it couldn't have come at a better time!

If you haven't booked a Walt Disney World Resort vacation yet, essentially this is mailed to you once you have your hotel reservation finalized. It's designed around your family's vacation: where you're staying, when you're visiting, how many/how old your party is, etc. I personally love this little pamphlet. I was having such a hard time getting into planning this vacation for a bit, but now that the weather is warming up, I'm super excited again, and this little booklet makes it even more exciting!

The booklet is a FABULOUS resource for first-time vacationers. I wish every guest I spoke to had read this little pamphlet while I was working at the parks (oops! did I just say that?). It tells you every little thing you need to know about planning the perfect Disney vacation for the first time. It tells you all about MDE, MagicBands, your resort, where to eat at your resort, where to eat on property, the details of your dining plan, personalized FP+ suggestions, all about the surrounding area, when you're going to get married, what park is best for your astrological sign, and whether or not you should adopt a dog. Some people (like me!) have this stuff planned out pretty much before the booklet arrives, and so it's just fun to have. However, I DID learn some new things about my dining plan this time around! I'll spill the tea for you all.

The book looks a little different today than it did for our past two trips, so let's talk about that for a moment!

So one of the first pages talks about MagicBands. I like that they've already updated this page with the MagicBand 2.0 design! The photo of the boy on that page is wearing MB1.0 and the second page still shows people utilizing MB1.0 to get into the parks and open their room doors, which is kind of confusing, but at least they show you what yours will look like.

C-mJWGGXgAEnpjl.jpg

Here are our personalized Poly pages:

C-mJWGMXoAA3wlo.jpg

C-mJWORWsAAMmHB.jpg

C-mJWI2XUAEABjA.jpg

The next few pages talk about the parks. They recommend some FP+ options and places to eat for your family and have a cute little blurb about what each park is all about. I enjoy reading through these pages. They're very colorful.

There was a page after that, however, with our Dining Plan details that I didn't read through fully at first. At breakfast this morning, my mom mentioned that we had two snack credits per day this year and I was like "that sounds fishy mom are you sure". Then I remembered hearing something about changes to the DDP a little while back (lol oops I haven't really done any hardcore research since we started with this trip), so when I opened up the booklet to that page and read it over, I was able to catch up on all the changes.

C-mHo0gXgAA8Gkg.jpg

I don't know if I'm in the minority with this opinion or not since I haven't been really keeping up with dining plan threads here, but I actually like the switches they made. For the past years, it's been 1 table service (bev, entree, dessert), 1 quick service (bev, entree, dessert), and 1 snack a day. Taking away the QS dessert and adding a second snack actually sounds great with me. I've noticed that dessert options have been lacking in the park QS locations lately (which is PROBABLY a result of crazy Disney snack culture but I digress), so a second snack is fine with me. As long as I still get a dessert when I sit down at a restaurant, I'm fine, since TS restaurant desserts are usually pretty awesome. I'm a fan of this. It means less lackluster generic desserts and another Starbucks drink in my tummy at the end of every day, which is good. This is good.

Back to the booklet!

Anyway, the back two pages are super helpful, again for first time vacationers OR people who are just bad at organizing things. Like me! It tells you what you need to do next (gives you a cute little check list!) and shows you some important dates.

C-mJYZTWAAEsy8S.jpg

C-mJYbOXkAAag5N.jpg

So I guess our next step is FP+ plans, which I still haven't really thought about. And MB customization, which I also have NOT really thought about! There's not a whole lot of thinking about this vacation going on, and that's because I've been mostly thinking about finals and school and such.

... And with that, I'm going to go study for my Italian final. Let me know if any of you happen to be good with the passato prossimo!

-Kaitlyn

Last edited:
I LOVE Mickey Mail! Our Magic Bands are due to ship any day now, and I can't wait to open up that box of magic! Your FP+ day is getting close--how exciting!

You did NOT just spell it Bette MIDDLER when it is MIDLER YOU UNCULTURED SWINE

I can't... I can't believe you just went on about how she's your mom and spelled her last name wrong. I can't. I need a moment.

Ok moment taken and that little shade at guests who don't do their Disney research, I LIVE. Too too true. Also, BLESS UP Disney getting rid of the required dessert option on QSs. I couldn't do that. Didn't do it with my measly little QS CM discount (that only worked at DAK ugh), not gonna have to do it when I make my grande (yes I just put an e to elongate the a because it will be GR-AAAAA-ND as in "Grandmama, it is me, Anastasia") return! HALLELO :D

You did NOT just spell it Bette MIDDLER when it is MIDLER YOU UNCULTURED SWINE

I can't... I can't believe you just went on about how she's your mom and spelled her last name wrong. I can't. I need a moment.

Ok moment taken and that little shade at guests who don't do their Disney research, I LIVE. Too too true. Also, BLESS UP Disney getting rid of the required dessert option on QSs. I couldn't do that. Didn't do it with my measly little QS CM discount (that only worked at DAK ugh), not gonna have to do it when I make my grande (yes I just put an e to elongate the a because it will be GR-AAAAA-ND as in "Grandmama, it is me, Anastasia") return! HALLELO :D

wow this message is LOADED I don't need to take this kind of SASS from you, I met Patti Lupone last week and she called me ADORABLE

but yeah lol BLESS UP DISNEY finally making the right call with the DDP

WHEN ARE YOU MAKING THIS ALLEGED GRANDE RETURN THO, SIS?

Yay Mickey Mail! :cool1:

Yay!!! :sunny:

Plan Through the Pain
84 days out

Iiiiiiit's finals time again.

1f03703a4e2eb5a3cb950290e4e2d129.gif

That means between now and Monday the 15th:
  • I have SO much work to finish up and studying to do. Catch you guys in the library for 12+ hours every day!
  • I'm BROKE as a JOKE
  • I'll have to say goodbye to my best friend for 3 months because he lives in ARIZONA, while I'm stuck here on the east coast
  • I'll stop living in Manhattan
  • I'll have to say my final goodbye to my graduating senior friends
  • I'll have to pack up and move out of my dorm, which is probably the worst on this list because I hate packing up/moving out. The packing. The compressing. The lifting and carrying. The CLEANING. Please.
... And instead of getting started on my mountain of work, I'm out here on Disboards with a nonsensical update.

tumblr_m9lu1aIZ8x1qabfx1o1_500.gif

Last night, I took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby in another desperate attempt to hide from my finals work. I mean, it was 50% almost everything in the store, so that's justified, right?

I ended up getting a whole bunch of things that'll be cute for planning this trip and cute for the bullet journal! There were a LOT of Petals + Blooms stationery and accessories on sale, and I decided to hop on it. After my Moleskin endeavors, I wasn't in the market for more notebooks, but there were some tres chic other little things that I decided I simply had to have.

First up is this cute little set of sticky notes:

C_PKK5KUMAAVVCI.jpg

I'm super visual in my planning, and I love to make use of sticky notes. These were just too cute to pass up and with the sale, I think they were like $2.50 or something.

Then I snagged these paper clips, which also came out to $2.50 with the discount:

C_PKK5NVwAAeNc8.jpg

I've always used paper clips for marking important pages, but they've always been ugly silver ones. These cute gold ones with patterned flags are for pages of ADRs and FP+ reservations! Not boring math notes.

I also grabbed these pens. I didn't really need them, but they matched everything else, and again they were $2.50 on sale:

C_PKK5iVwAE27hb.jpg

Lastly, I snagged something I was most excited about... washi tape!!

C_PKK5hVoAAHRHQ.jpg

They did not have washi tape at B&NB when I got my Moleskin journals, so when I saw a whole rack of these in the planning aisle I gasped and grabbed my three favorites. That one with the cacti and the succulents in the middle is my favorite!! For those of you who have never used washi tape, it's basically just a role of tiny, colorful tape that you can use to mark things in a journal. They've become popular in the crafting and planning community in the past few years. These are so adorable and I can't wait to use them!

This update was short but I should probably, probably get dressed so I can take the train back to my dorm and finish working on some coursework that's due tonight.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure how many updates I'll be able to accomplish in the next week or so, but I can't wait to come out of finals week and be able to focus on JUST this for a month before I start my job as a camp counselor!

See you all later.

-Kaitlyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter