Looking to rent home in Windsor hills for young family...

WisconsinDisneyGirl

DIS Veteran
I have been looking for a rental home for our trip in Dec. 2008. We need a 4BR with a pool, grill, ect. I see that some are set up for kids too (with toys for preschoolers and Playstations for the older ones). I have a 3 year old and a 9 year old. I am not wanting to bring many toys and am hoping to find a private home in WH that is set up with "kid stuff".

That is one of the houses I have been looking at! The only thing about that house is that it is a bit higher in price than others the same size.

Sometimes you have to compare what's in the house rather than the size of it. We've stayed in a couple of the townhouses and the first one was really nice with plasma tv, free long distance, wifi, etc and the second one was very basic. Of course the first one was higher priced than the second but I liked having the extras. So I guess you're going to have to compare what the amenities are and if you want to pay the extra. You can also email the owner and ask if he discounts at all. Sometimes the quote you get is lower than the price posted.
Good luck ! :)

There are a large number of owners’ homes to choose from - if you have a specific request, just put it in your inquiries.

We stayed at the Ruellen home (the first link) and it was awesome. There were so many toys for the kids and tons of DVD's to watch. They have kids dishes and silverware. We used their Maclaren stroller for the week. It was so nice not to have to take our own. Everything was clean and wonderful. I would say it is worth a bit more to know that your kids will be happy there. My family had a 2 yr. old and 7 yr. old and they would LOVE to go back and stay there. The owner was great to work with and they use a reputable management company. Let me know if you have any specific questions about that property. I hope you enjoy your trip!

I would suggest requesting quotes from as many of the listings on vrbo and windsorhillsrent.com as look appealing to you. For our January 2009 trip we got quotes from about 30 four and five bedroom homes and then tried to decide between them based on cost along with how we liked the decor (the "comfy" factor) and what amenities were included in the home. The Ruellan home was in our top 3 and the quote was less than it stated on vrbo. We ended up booking a 5 bedroom home for about $250 less for 8 nights than any of the 4 bedroom homes. You just never know what the owners will offer and it doesn't hurt to get lots of quotes (it just makes it really hard to decide which one to choose) :)

I agree with the PP about getting quotes. Once you find the one you are interested in, my other suggestions would be to call the person directly instead of emailing them. Ask all the questions you can think of about the condo, the area WH is in, the pool, etc. I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the owner of the condo we are renting, at the end of the conversation I expressed a solid interest in renting from her and she wound up giving me one night free. :cool1:

I think that little bit of personal contact helped to make us both feel comfortable about the rental situation and the owner had a better sense of who would be renting from her that week.

hth

Hope you have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter