Looking the most comfortable place to stay for son who has POTS

cwnhokie

DIS Veteran
We used to go to Disney quite a bit before my son got sick. He's been sick for 3 years but is showing some improvements and wants to go to Disney. I'm thinking we are going to have to take it slow with shortened days and rest days in between. I think I'm starting to lean towards off site. There will be 5 of us so I'm leaning towards a 2 bedroom place. I'm trying to find a resort with something for his brothers to do, 16 year old justs wants to golf and mini golf and fun pool area for the 9 year old or planned activities. But I'm thinking not super spread out so that if the 14 year old needs to rest in the room or go back to the room it won't be that hard. Suggestions?

why not on site there are great pools ( most have planned activities in the afternoon evenings) and if you find your son need to go back to rest you can take your car back and the rest can stay in the parks longer.

Since we are 5, it limits the on site options. The only place available for our time frame are the cabins at Ft. Wilderness which are twice as much as offsite options.

I would look into Bonnet Creek. It's not actually on Disney Property but is surrounded by Disney property on 3 sides. I have never stayed there but have friends who do and they LOVE it. They have great resort amenities according to my friends. They love having the bigger space. Also they do have shuttles so if someone wants to stay and play in the park longer, it's easy enough. They charge a nominal fee to use the shuttle but it runs much more frequently than other off site hotel shuttles. Or Uber would be very inexpensive since Bonnet Creek is literally at the edge of property.

I would look into Bonnet Creek. It's not actually on Disney Property but is surrounded by Disney property on 3 sides. I have never stayed there but have friends who do and they LOVE it. They have great resort amenities according to my friends. They love having the bigger space. Also they do have shuttles so if someone wants to stay and play in the park longer, it's easy enough. They charge a nominal fee to use the shuttle but it runs much more frequently than other off site hotel shuttles. Or Uber would be very inexpensive since Bonnet Creek is literally at the edge of property.
They are sold out for our time :( I thought I had chosen a less busy time but I guess I'm just starting to plan too late. First week in May.

there are some Disney hotel that will take 5 guest per room

also look into renting a DVC room much bigger and can sleep more people.

there are some Disney hotel that will take 5 guest per room

also look into renting a DVC room much bigger and can sleep more people.
DVC Studios are sold out :( and none of the hotel rooms that sleep 5 are available :(

Can you change your travel time? Maybe move a week one way or the other? Sounds like there must be a special event happening that week.

when are you going

there are a number of off site hotels that you can stay at but I think Disney will give you more flexibly to come and go easer.

I wonder what it is? My schedule is pretty tight though, but I guess I need to try and see if I can tweek it again.

not sure when you are going but I just found 6 ( just found 19) resorts that slept at lest 5 for the first week in May. So they do have them at Disney or you can try off property

And almost every one is $500 or more per night!! ASMusic was the cheapest at $240 + taxes per night. The next cheapest is OKW at $380 + taxes. Maybe that is not within the budget. Or maybe she needs a HCA room and those may already all be booked.

Try Sheraton visitana, I was shocked at how cheap 2 bedroom units were after Christmas. I think it checks off all your boxes and it is really nice,

Yes i guess I should clarify that there weren't any in my price range. We have stayed at Port Orleans in the past, but not for a full week. I'm trying to decide if a full week in a hotel room would be pleasant. We only stay at the deluxes when we can rent DVC points. I just can't see paying full price. All Star Music could be an option, we've never stayed a the all stars. And Vistana is a good price. Hard to pay more for a hotel room when we could have a 2 bedroom, not sure the magic is worth the extra this trip. Decisions, decisions. I told my oldest that if we stay off site he can bring a friend to hang with when his brother needs to rest.

Yes i guess I should clarify that there weren't any in my price range. We have stayed at Port Orleans in the past, but not for a full week. I'm trying to decide if a full week in a hotel room would be pleasant. We only stay at the deluxes when we can rent DVC points. I just can't see paying full price. All Star Music could be an option, we've never stayed a the all stars. And Vistana is a good price. Hard to pay more for a hotel room when we could have a 2 bedroom, not sure the magic is worth the extra this trip. Decisions, decisions. I told my oldest that if we stay off site he can bring a friend to hang with when his brother needs to rest.
I think you are the only one that can decide where you can stay. Since you have so many variables. I think really most hotels in Orlando will have a pool for your kids to swim in and some will have more room ( if you stay off site) and some will be easey for you to get back to the room if you want to split up ( on site, and not saying off site do not have a way to get back with out a car)

It sounds like this will be a different trip for yo all and even thought it will be different I know you will still have a great time.

Have you thought about getting 2 rooms at a value resort just an option that you may not have thought about.

Another variable I haven't mentioned is that the oldest is only coming for part of the trip so I'm thinking about doing onsite for the part with the 4 of us and offsite for the part with the 5 of us. But trying to minimize work and stress. (I also really want to go over to St. Pete for a night before flying home because I have fallen in love with it and my husband has never been there, but I haven't told him that yet :) and I have tendency to over schedule, lol) Once I get a few things locked down I'll be able to focus :)

Honestly, we just stayed at the Sheraton Vistiana mainly because we got an a amazing deal. I was surprised - my kids actually liked it more than staying at AoA. We're looking at going back in the fall.

This is what I'm thinking now. I think we are going to stay onsite for the 4 days before my other son gets there and then move to Bonnet Creek (checked with someone else and they have availability) so we can spread out. Now I'm trying to decide between Fort Wilderness cabin and Port Orleans French Quarter. Cabin has more space and we enjoy campgrounds but I'm wondering if it is too spread out.

I really enjoyed the FW cabins and the grounds are so nice. You could rent a golf cart to get around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter