Looking for suggestions for staying offsite in December

amberdc1987

To Infinity and Beyond!!
Heading to the World in December. Dates are still tentative at the moment, but will be the middle of December I know. Looking at staying offsite this time. Will be me and my 2 DD (14,12). I feel like i'm looking for a unicorn at this point. Some of the things i'm looking for are : Free Breakfast (not a deal breaker), Free Parking (i'm okay with paying for parking as long as I can get to the parks for free, don't want to "pay twice" for parking), Would love if the hotel was all decorated for Christmas. I was looking at hotels in Disney Springs, specifically Drury, but I can't figure out how to get to the parks easily unless we are driving. We will have our car, but once again puts me "paying for parking twice" every day.

If we stay at a Disney Springs hotel, is there anyway to get to the parks w/o driving, or using hotel transportation, which I know can be unreliable at times.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Heading to the World in December. Dates are still tentative at the moment, but will be the middle of December I know. Looking at staying offsite this time. Will be me and my 2 DD (14,12). I feel like i'm looking for a unicorn at this point. Some of the things i'm looking for are : Free Breakfast (not a deal breaker), Free Parking (i'm okay with paying for parking as long as I can get to the parks for free, don't want to "pay twice" for parking), Would love if the hotel was all decorated for Christmas. I was looking at hotels in Disney Springs, specifically Drury, but I can't figure out how to get to the parks easily unless we are driving. We will have our car, but once again puts me "paying for parking twice" every day.

If we stay at a Disney Springs hotel, is there anyway to get to the parks w/o driving, or using hotel transportation, which I know can be unreliable at times.

Thank you!!

There is a LYNX 350 bus stop right in front of Drury (heading in the Disney Springs direction)
and across the street in front of the Doubletree is hte LYNX 350 bus (headed towards Sea World/Destination Parkway).

As I stated in the other thread the LYNX airport express 111 goes from MCO to Destination Parkway. Then transfer to Disney Express LYNX 350 and that will stop in front of the Drury Disney Springs.

Day Pass is $4.50 unlimited rides on LYNX buses.
Or Week Pass is $16 for unlimited rides.

As mentioned in other thread. LYNX 350 will take you to Disney Springs (last stop), then either transfer to LYNX 300 to get to Disney TTC or walk over to the Disney buses to get you to the Disney hotels (where you can walk to the parks/ diretly to the parks (after 4 pm). You use that to supplement the hotel shuttle and then you have multiple options.

don't want to "pay twice" for parking
If you can, think of lodging and parking as just one package—it doesn’t really matter if you pay for hotel parking separately or if it is included in the room rate. What matters is the total bottom line.

Thank you!!
Removing yourself from Disney Springs by a few minutes will get you free breakfast, free parking and the freedom to & from parks by using your own car. I wouldn't worry if my resort was decorated - I don't hang around it. Go to the parks and Disney Springs for decorations, and use the money saved to dine at a resort that is beautifully decorated.

Look along Palm Parkway, most those resorts are free parking and free breakfast ... minutes from the parks.

I think Drury might be your best best. They have free breakfast and dinner! I mean it's not life changing food but it's something quick in the morning. Also free popcorn! I don't know about parking but they don't charge a resort fee, which saves you anywhere from $30-$40/night.
The bus service is not bad if you plan ahead. There's a bus that comes every hour, the first one is 90 min before park opening and the last one coming back an hour after park close. You need to book the bus in advance. You can always Uber if the bus doesn't work out.
I'm considering Drury for our next trip, if you stay there I hope you can write up a review or trip report.

Getting an Uber is frequently cheaper than paying for parking. Really depends on the time thought, as prices change throughout the day based on demand.

We have stayed at DoubleTree and the bus situation was just fine. You book your ride before hand, even the night before, show the qr code and are good to go. To get back to the hotel you just show up when you want, there are scheduled times. Pretty simple.

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista​

ttps://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/mcofv-fairfield-inn-and-suites-orlando-lake-buena-vista/overview/
Has complimentary parking, breakfast and wifi, and scheduled transportation to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. It's also not far from Disney Springs and has great reviews on TripAdvisor.

The Disney springs hotels have hourly buses to/from the parks- easy schedule and they work just fine

I haven't stayed near Disney Springs before I stayed offsite at Cocoa beach a hotel called Day's Inn Cocoa beach port Canaveral and used Uber and Lyft to the Disney parks and taxi back to hotel at night time. Just to let you know it's an hours drive but it's a beautiful place to stay because the Cocoa Beach Pier is just down the road from the hotel and there's a lovely pub called the Ale House next door and they do lovely food. The Day's Inn Cocoa Beach do free breakfast but if want to stay near Disney Springs have a look on Google Day's Inn hotels near Disney Springs because at all Day's Inn hotels you get a continental breakfast included in the price. On my journey to the Disney park I remembered passing a Day's Inn hotel near Crayola experience and that's not too far from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter