looking for suggestions for lunch on way to WDW

Misty89

DIS Veteran
first time in orlando driving for us....so we dont want to really get "off the beaten path" - but looking for somewhere decent( cheap) to at lunch between the airport and WDW.
close to grocery store would be great also, since we will need to pick up a few things.
looking for something not fancy/ wild- have 2 sota picky eaters...and dont want to spend alot - trying to stay below 40$.
really dont want mcdonalds - or hardees, etc.

are there any buffets that would be right around $10 per person?

thanks

Tina

denny's, shoney's, ponderosa, golden corral, cracker barrel.

this is a very big airport - I know it has a burger king, Macdonald, Taco bell inside it. I also think there is a sit down restuarant but I don't remember exactly what it is - I happen to love MacDonald or Burger King......

but everyone has different taste.

Sweet Toamtoes is THE BEST! Off of I4 - Go to the website www.souplantation.com - Food is fresh everyday and something there for everyone! My husband is very picky and he loved it - I think it was about $8.50 per person - kids 4-9 $4.99 - It was about $30 something with soft drinks - (We ate there on Saturday 8/14 just got back Monday night) Their website gives lots of details and exact locations - I wish we had one in PA - Check it out! Any other ?'s just ask.

Happy trip planning!

Sue:sunny:

If you do Sweet Tomatos, you might check for coupons before you go. We have them here, and there are ALWAYS coupons available that'll save you a buck or two a piece. CiCi's Pizza is like that also, even though their regular price is only $3.99.

Originally posted by tweetylori
If you do Sweet Tomatos, you might check for coupons before you go. We have them here, and there are ALWAYS coupons available that'll save you a buck or two a piece. CiCi's Pizza is like that also, even though their regular price is only $3.99.

Where could I find Sweet Tomatoes coupons from home? Do they put them on their website?

By the way, I also highly recommend Sweet Tomatoes. We ate there in November and were amazed at the quality and variety of food considering the price. Can't wait to get back there in a couple of months.

Originally posted by disneysteve
Where could I find Sweet Tomatoes coupons from home? Do they put them on their website?

The coupons links from mousesavers.com sometimes (but not currently) has coupons for Sweet Tomatoes.

I've only heard good things about Sweet Tomatoes BUT is it really on the way from the airport to Disney? Most of us use the S route.

Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes coupons may be found in the Sunday supplement of your newspaper 1-2 times per month. We also advertise in many local newspapers. At this time, we do not offer coupons to download from the website.

I've stopped at Jungle Jims for lunch. Very convenient to I 4 and not usually crowded for lunch. It's near Downtown Disney.

Lunch Prices: $6.50 adult, age 6-12 is $4.49 and age 3-5 is $1.49. I don't know what drinks are, sorry. That's around $23.50 including tax for 2 adults, 2 children ages 6-12. If any of your children are younger, it would be even cheaper.

I can't wait to try this restaurant. Only 10 more days!!:Pinkbounc

Guys I'm so sorry for saying Sweet Tomatoes was $8/adult - I totally forgot that we were there for dinner NOT LUNCH! My mistake - I'm glad that was brought to my attention and great to know that it's even cheaper for lunch! Great place! Good luck with finding coupons.

Originally posted by Lewisc
I've only heard good things about Sweet Tomatoes BUT is it really on the way from the airport to Disney? Most of us use the S route.

It is slightly out of the way but not by very much. Exit the airport North onto the Bee Line Expressway Route 528 (toll road). Get off at Sand Lake Road Route 482. Turn right on Kirkman Road and that will take you right there. It is not the shortest route from the airport to Disney but it is well worth the short detour.

I think the Sweet Tomatoes rest that we ate at was on Colonial Drive - I'm not sure if that would be better from the airport - The locations and maps are on the website.

We love the Sweet Tomatoes here, locally. If you want to *load up* the fam before hitting the glorious but expensive WDW, go for it. EVERYONE can find something they like there. Whether its baked potatoes, pasta salad or chicken noodle soup. MMMMMMMMMMM good!

this is what sweet tomatoes says about coupons on their website:

1. Where do I find a coupon?
Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes coupons may be found in the Sunday supplement of your newspaper 1-2 times per month. We also advertise in many local newspapers. At this time, we do not offer coupons to download from the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter