Looking for recommendations

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by jmc_in_disney, Jan 7, 2017.

1. jmc_in_disney

jmc_in_disney Earning My Ears

Hi everyone - my son will be performing at Disney the week of Easter. Being it is such a crazy, crowded time of year - and we are not fans of crowds - plus looking to save some money, we are considering staying off-site for the first time. We love Disney but because of the timing <4/9 - 4/14> we plan to do less parks, more relaxing at the hotel by the pool. We haven't had a real, downtime kind of vacation in years. We definitely like the idea of being walking distance to Disney Springs, though.

So, that being said, I believe we've narrowed our choices to the B Resort & Spa or the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace. Can anyone offer some insight to what might be better, pro's/con's of either? B Resort has the better rate but BVP seems more like the resort I am looking for <though it may also we crazy crowded during that time>.

It's been 10 years since we've been able to get back to Disney and our first time not staying at the Wilderness Lodge - and financially, I know staying off-site is the right call. But I definitely feel a little lost in deciding where to stay.

Thanks in advance!

2. 100AcreWood

100AcreWood DIS Veteran

B Resort is definitely not resort-like. It's a great hotel but I wouldn't want to hang out there. Have you considered Bonnet Creek? If I were planning to spend more time around the pool I would look at that one.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. jmc_in_disney

Thanks for the feedback! I did look at Bonnet Creek but it seems pricey - more than a moderate at Disney. The rate I was quoted was $339 a night - more than double what the other places are.

5. Upatnoon

Upatnoon DIS Veteran

The rate you were quoted sounds like something you pulled up on hotels.com or wyndham.com, which charge double or more what you should be paying.

To book bonnet creek at a decent rate, you have to go through an owner or most likely an agency that rents reservations for owners.

The easiest way to start is to look on ebay for reservations. You can also look in http://disboards.com/threads/the-we-loooooove-bonnet-creek-thread-part-4.3366139/ for lots of other help on finding a much more affordable reservation.

6. BigredNole

BigredNole DIS Veteran

Go to a private renter for WBC. You are going one of the busiest times and rooms may not even be available for Easter. Do some searching though.

7. bankr63

bankr63 DIS Veteran

It's getting late for an Easter booking. Gifted a week at Vistana Resort to a good friend and had to register a search and wait a while for a match for the week leading into Easter weekend. Most resorts book up fast, and discounts for those weeks are hard to find because they can ask for and get full rack rate for those weeks.

8. jmc_in_disney

Thanks for the help, everyone! Believe me, if we could go at any other time of year, I would. All the parents were annoyed that our district picked the week of Easter for our break, knowing it was a Disney year <1/3 of our HS in the music program and they perform in Disney every 3 years. A week or two later would have been sooooo much better>

But, long story short - while making dining reservations, I found out that Coronado Springs was the same price as the Hilton Orlando BVP so we booked there. Next time I would definitely check out WBC though - I did some research and it looks wonderful!

Thank you again!