Looking for place to gather group of people

Just thought of another area that might work for you. There used to be (not sure if it is still there) a sitting area that leads from Coke Corner into the shops. It is somewhat secluded and if the piano player is not playing it is quite and usually not in demand for seating for dinning.

dsny1mom

Just thought of another area that might work for you. There used to be (not sure if it is still there) a sitting area that leads from Coke Corner into the shops. It is somewhat secluded and if the piano player is not playing it is quite and usually not in demand for seating for dinning.

dsny1mom

Sorry, I am not familiar with all the nick names. I am guessing that is the coca-cola sponsored Refreshment Corner on Main Street? The outdoor seating near the entrance of the Tiki Room. That is a good spot as well. Nice and central too.

Which reminds me. The multiple benches in the circles by the castle, that could work as well if the shade is just right. Weather will likely be good so it shouldn't be too critical.

Also good shade and decent sitting areas in that semi-secluded area between Big Thunder Mountain and the Golden Horseshoe.

Sorry, I am not familiar with all the nick names. I am guessing that is the coca-cola sponsored Refreshment Corner on Main Street? The outdoor seating near the entrance of the Tiki Room. That is a good spot as well. Nice and central too.

Which reminds me. The multiple benches in the circles by the castle, that could work as well if the shade is just right. Weather will likely be good so it shouldn't be too critical.

Also good shade and decent sitting areas in that semi-secluded area between Big Thunder Mountain and the Golden Horseshoe.

Yes that is correct.

Alladins Oasis in Adventureland if it is open is quiet and mostly secluded from the hubbub wtht seating in the courtyard or up in the terrace.

Alladins Oasis in Adventureland if it is open is quiet and mostly secluded from the hubbub wtht seating in the courtyard or up in the terrace.

I completely forgot about that. Last time I was there and it was open, it was completely empty inside. That is a great suggestion. Perfect for a 5 min re-group if empty. And if they are not doing the character greets at the time too. Thanks for reminding me of that one. Often closed, but still a great one to keep in mind.

Hey Xenon, I think folks (including me) were not criticizing you about sitting in a dining area - but for the most part just sharing their sense of etiquette. If someone does not say something like this and if someone else is not aware, well they may never hear it.

From your latter posts here it sounds like you are aware of when it may or may not be appropriate. It does depend on the crowds to some degree. I cannot imagine it being an issue at a place like Redd Rockett's or Hungry Bear during a non-dining time when most of the whole dining area is empty.

Best wishes in getting this figured out. ::yes::

:wizard:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but the seating area where the old launch for the motor boat cruise might work well for this. It's kind of out of the way, often has a little shade and has a number of tables/chairs. It's under the monorail track behind Edelweiss Snacks in Fantasyland (near the boarder of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, behind the Matterhorn).

Here's a youtube post that describes its location and history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYU9z4zvSG8

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but the seating area where the old launch for the motor boat cruise might work well for this. It's kind of out of the way, often has a little shade and has a number of tables/chairs. It's under the monorail track behind Edelweiss Snacks in Fantasyland (near the boarder of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, behind the Matterhorn).

Here's a youtube post that describes its location and history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYU9z4zvSG8

I thought that was now a smoking area. There are a decent number of benches near the North side of the Matterhorn though that might be far enough away from the smoke. I do like the seclusion of that area in general though.

I thought that was now a smoking area. There are a decent number of benches near the North side of the Matterhorn though that might be far enough away from the smoke. I do like the seclusion of that area in general though.

It's not. It may have been at one point, but trust me, I'm a smoker ;) The old launch is definitely not a smoking area. The smoking area in that region is between Matterhorn and Autopia

It's not. It may have been at one point, but trust me, I'm a smoker ;) The old launch is definitely not a smoking area. The smoking area in that region is between Matterhorn and Autopia

I need to watch that video when I get home. I must be thinking of a different area. Or like you said, maybe the smoking area was moved. Thanks for the suggestion. It will be nice to have a list with me and I can make some notes while I am there.

UPDATE: Just watched the video. Yup, that is the spot I was thinking of. And the guy even mentioned that it was a smoking area at one point. Guess it's been a while since I have hung out at that spot. That could work perfectly as well at that side of the park.

Thanks for all the great ideas people.

You said your trip was in Feb?..right? I vote for the table area by Space Mountain or Golden Horseshoe if you have to pre plan the spot in advance. Just a thought...If it were raining I would want indoor seating to avoid wet benches and such.

DCA:
* Patio at Flo's V8 - Gorgeous at night! But agree with PPs that people should be enjoying the food if you are using the tables.
* Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta - Huge outdoor patio! You could definitely put some tables together to make room for 15. There are a lot of drink and snack cars nearby so people can buy what they want and meet there. (I've had no trouble bringing other snacks here)
* Lobby of the Grand - It would be great if you could snag one of the couch areas! They have a few chairs and couches that would be great. Also a great place to charge your phone!

You said your trip was in Feb?..right? I vote for the table area by Space Mountain or Golden Horseshoe if you have to pre plan the spot in advance. Just a thought...If it were raining I would want indoor seating to avoid wet benches and such.

Luckily I don't have to plan the re-group areas in advance. But I will be creating a list to have on hand via my phone and print out. Hopefully it won't rain. But if it does, I should have a good list of both indoor and outdoor options. Thanks for the rain input though, I will need to make sure to pack my own cheap ponchos and such so I don't have to think about it there.

DCA:
* Patio at Flo's V8 - Gorgeous at night! But agree with PPs that people should be enjoying the food if you are using the tables.
* Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta - Huge outdoor patio! You could definitely put some tables together to make room for 15. There are a lot of drink and snack cars nearby so people can buy what they want and meet there. (I've had no trouble bringing other snacks here)
* Lobby of the Grand - It would be great if you could snag one of the couch areas! They have a few chairs and couches that would be great. Also a great place to charge your phone!

Thanks for the DCA ideas. I don't want to forget about DCA. I will have to try the patio at Flo's. And I forgot about the Pizza and Pasta. Which I have used before. It has that great covered area right next to the walking area where I like to eat and watch the parade. Often quiet and deserted surprisingly. That is a great option for that end of the park.

We may be staying at the Grand this time around. It would be my first time staying there due to the cost. But for this family gathering (not a reunion), I would like to try it out. So the lobby will make a great starting point and possibly during the day to recharge, etc.

Hi xenon2000!

There are quite a few shaded benches, after you pass under the bridge, to enter Toontown. I think they would work, if you all sat on the same side of the walkway.

You could also possibly utilize the waiting area for Mickey's Magical Map, if it weren't too close to the beginning of a new showing(if so, it will be quite crowded)---the concrete benches furthest east, are shaded, and are nice because they're right next to a set of restrooms, and there are numerous times during the day where they are completely empty.

We also love the upper Hungry Bear seating area furthest north---we rarely see anyone utilizing that spot, even during regular eating times. I know that it is sometimes roped off during "off season"(if there is such a thing?;)), but I don't think anyone would care if you sat there, even when roped off(because we've done this and never been asked to leave, or even approached by a CM, when doing so)---I believe the ropes just signify that the tables are not being bussed/wiped, so you might have to brush off a few leaves(we've done that!)

Good luck!:)

Thanks OP for the post. I will be there in December with a group of 17: my dbs and I and our children and grandchildren. We are a considerate group (mostly:rolleyes1) and I (who tend to be over focused on not offending anyone and being considerate) will be the one suggesting meeting places and generally bringing us together through the day. I find this post very helpful and thoughtful for my planning; I hadn't even thought of the need to find gathering areas yet. I like the idea of having possibilities on my phone and I appreciate all the suggestions as well as the input about how others view using restaurant seating.

Thanks Julesann for the comment as I knew I couldn't be the only one with this need. Or with some ideas. I think having a list like this is also helpful for anyone. Even tiny numbers like 1 to 5 people. While there are plenty of benches around the park on low crowd days, it's nice to have shade options and indoor options already in mind when you go.

I am hoping tonight to have time to edit my OP with the new options listed for the 2 parks.

Thanks for the ideas so far. I have updated the original post with the ideas given that I think can work out well if the crowds are right, etc. Eventually I will have a better list with more details. Plenty of time before FEB 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter