Looking for opinions on best resort for teens

jwgm2012

Proud Longhorn Mom and Saints Fan!
Hi everyone! Happy MLK day!

I'm stuck at work, so what better way to pass my day than posting a question I need some help with...

We're taking our second trip to the World to celebrate my DD's 15th birthday. We took our first semi-blended family trip last year and stayed at CSR.

Right now, our resort choices are AKL (2 bdrm value villa), POFQ or CBR (2 seperate rooms for these).

Our kids are 16, 14, 12, and 11 and while the CSR was ok last year, the pool area with it's nice grounds and theming was still a little too kiddie for our group. They were bored pretty quick.

I know that of the choices above, AKL is better in quality but I'm more looking for the one that would better suit our kids. My boyfriend and I take trips to WDW by ourselves too so I know we can explore AKL later - for this coming trip in June, it's about our kids. :goodvibes

We'll be there June 10-14 (almost a year to the week from last year)

Thanks for the help.

gina

Have you looked at the villas at the Boardwalk and Beach Club? I would think those would be the most interesting to teens. They can walk to two parks.

My teens loved the Poly. The theme, the monorail and walking to the TTC. Bus service is great.
The rooms are large for 4 people, but three teens?? The day bed is comfy so 5 can fit. Two rooms would be better.
They thought the Volcano pool was boring and small. They spent a lot of time at the quiet pool.
Our room was a quick walk from our patio to Captain cooks, so if they wanted a soda or some food it was really easy to get there.

My teens also loved AKL for the theme, bus service and pool. The pool is huge and two hot tubs. The slide is "lame", but they still loved the pool area. AKL 2 bedroom villa would be wonderful, lots of room with real beds for everyone.

YC was my teens least favorite resort as far as theme goes. They did love the pool. YC is very convenient to EPCOT and DS, but the bus service was horrible to every other park/waterpark and DTD. We used a cab quite a few times at the YC.

My 2 DD love The Polynesian & WL. We loved being on the monorail because it was so easy if the girls wanted to go off on their own, back to the resort or stay at the park.

CSR has the best pool area and slide of all the mods. So if they were bored there, the other mods might be worse.

POFQ has the kiddiest and least exciting play and pool area of all the mods. POR is a little better, and with the boat to DTD it might make it a liitle more fun for them.

OKW has the largest living space, and the pool is pretty nice. It also has the boat to DTD.

AKL was nice for my family for a couple of days, but we got bored with it after a couple days.

Thanks everyone for their input! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Seems like no matter where we stay, the pool slides won't be "cool" enough...

I'm starting to wonder if going with a Mod level resort and just adding the water park feature isn't the best thing to do?

Again, thanks so much for the info!

I'm starting to wonder if going with a Mod level resort and just adding the water park feature isn't the best thing to do?

Maybe a BWV value suitemight work. It gives the kids the boardwalk area to explore along with the ability to walk into EPCOT every day (with a park hopper). HS is a short boat ride or walk away, and Fantasia min-golf is about a 10 minute walk over the bridge and behind the Swan hotel.

For teens I would have to say Beach or Yacht Club because they would love the pool there! Or if you do Mod and add the water park I would say Port Orleans Riverside. Have fun!

If you add water parks and more, POR is a great choice. You can take the boat to DTD and let the kids do DisneyQuest

Now that we have 3 teens, we get up early and enough the parks as a family. But in the evenings, the kids return to the park while DH and I relax together- everybody wins. So for us, I like BC because I feel good about them walking to Epcot or HS -nobody gets lost!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter