Looking For Info On Hawaii

triton20

Earning My Ears
Hi all ! Not sure where on the DIS to asks this. The Dis has great info on planning a trip to WDW, especially for first timers.My wife and I are planning a trip to Hawaii next year for our 30th. Are there any good sites to help plan for a Hawaii trip similar to the Dis? Thanks for any help you can give.

Peanut

Virtual Tourist is one good site to look at....people post a lot of pictures, trip reports, insider tips, etc.

On the budget board is a HUGE thread called Hawaii on a Budget, or something like that.

Use the search feature, it will pull up lots of Hawaii threads!

Which islands are you considering going to? I have been there only twice, but can tell you the things we liked best. I can tell you my favorite hotel ever is the Hilton Waikoloa on the big island!!!!!!!!! You take either a tram or boat to get to your room..it has swim with the dolphins right on property...and a great lagoon where the sea turtles swim into!!!! The big island also has the live volcano...and black sand beaches. Also a great place to charter a fishing boat!

I'm from Hawaii and I totally agree with the pp about the Hilton Waikoloa. Whenever we want to getaway, this is where we go. There is something that is just so special about the Big Island, there is so much to see and do.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them for you.

Happy planning!

We have a timeshare on Maui and love visiting the Islands.

Last year was our first trip to the Big Island, and we stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa. While its definitely a great property, I think a key element is what exactly you are looking for in your vacation.

We found the HW to be sort of like an artificially created Hawaii within Hawaii, if that makes any sense. We felt sort of closed off from the island, as opposed to being a part of it. With the tram and all, I was feeling sort of like it was a Disneyland type of artificially created environment. Obviously that can be a wonderful thing, but it didn't feel quite right in a hotel where the island itself is the attraction.

Then when we got home I read a review that said the same thing, so I guess I wasn't alone.

But like I said, I'm not really complaining about the HW. There's nothing wrong with it persay. It's just that like I said, I think it's important to think about what you want to get out of the trip. Do you want an all-inclusive resort where you could keep yourself occupied for days without ever leaving the property? Or do you want to do a lot of exploring, and be able to leave your room and walk right onto a beach like Waikiki or Ka'anapali?

As for websites, here's a few that might help:

http://www.gohawaii.com/
http://www.kauaivisitor.com/
http://w3.maui.net/

Also, as others have said, go ahead an ask questions either here or on the other forums. I'm sure you'll get lots of help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter