Looking for ideas for baby gift/souvenir - unknown gender

moopdog

Dreaming of Disney....
We will grandparents in August (I'm only 42 so this is surreal), but anyway...... we won't know the baby's gender yet, but I want to get a super cute or unique Disney gift for the baby to be, while we're at Disney this week. Any suggestions?

My stepdaughter is Cinderella & Frozen obsessed at age 25, lol and I'd love to get something like that but of course - it could end up being a boy!

the last time we were in Disney we saw someone having the characters signing onesies. It was such a cute idea and obviously can work with either a boy or girl. Congrats on becoming grandparents!

the last time we were in Disney we saw someone having the characters signing onesies. It was such a cute idea and obviously can work with either a boy or girl. Congrats on becoming grandparents!
OMG that is PERFECT!!! And thanks :)

I was in your situation at 42! It is a very odd feeling for sure. You'll love it and the baby will love whatever you decide. How about a Disney storybook and have characters sign it? And frozen is not just for girls. ;)

I was in your situation at 42! It is a very odd feeling for sure. You'll love it and the baby will love whatever you decide. How about a Disney storybook and have characters sign it? And frozen is not just for girls. ;)
AAHHHH, I love that even more! The storybook is an awesome idea, since I love books! Thank you, thank you!!

If you are not comfortable with Princesses for a boy, you could go with Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Goofy...

I found great "My First Disney" shirts at our Disney Outlet for our nephew. And I bought similar ones many moons ago before our first child. Since we didn't find out the gender, I went with Mickey shirts because even girls can have Mickey!

I was pregnant during our fall trip to Disneyland. We didn't have a name or nursery theme yet so I just decided to pick up a pair of mouse ears. I know it sounds boring but since the baby was in my belly we really wanted him to have a souvenir of his own from the trip and I knew this is something that would get good use. The price on it was also reasonable. In my opinion most of the baby stuff in the gift shops was completely overpriced, I have found just as cute and cheaper clothes for example on Amazon or at Target so I would avoid their baby collection as it seems to be a bit of a rip off.

I think mouse ears would be a cute idea, I am sure once you start looking around in the stores in Disney you will notice plenty of things that can be gender neutral. Maybe with those mouse ears have one of the photo pass people take a picture of you (and s/o) in front of the castle(or any special spot) holding the ears. Put it in a nice disney frame and this could be the start of re creating that same picture in future trips to come, but with little one actually wearing the hat.

I love the book idea, it would make a wonderful keepsake. I am going to have to remember that for when I'm going to be a grandparent.

I am going to be a first time Grandma this summer and we already had booked a trip with all of us for this dec before we found out. Im taking white pillow cases again to have signed. We did this last trip and gave them to our friends little girls with there favorite character front and center with a to .... with love and I took pictures of the characters signing it. this time the baby will be with us. So excited. We got pillow cases done on the cruise when my boys were little and they used them a lot< now hes having his own. What about doing that to a white crib sheet? I bought an awesome tie die crib sheet with a black mickey head in the middle from a lady off of Facebook just after I found out I was going to be a grandma also. I also saw you can now take a picture of your prince or princess and they will put that picture on several pages in the Disney story book about them, maybe that was on amazon? I also have bought the Disney baby samba that has the blanket wrapped around it. CONGRATS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter