Looking for holiday help

MomofDisneyLoversx3

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I'm not sure the best place to post this. We are looking to come from America to the UK this summer. We want to rent a house. Does anyone have a recommendation for a rental company ? Thanks
Heather

Hello Heather, Welcome to the UK Community boards, I dont have an answer for you yet, but Im sure some of our other members will be along later.

What part of the UK are you hoping to rent the house?, that might help with rental agency:goodvibes

We are looking at either Scotland or Ireland. Any help would be great. It doesn't need to be fancy but I would like a reputable place to rent from.

Thanks

I've not used them myself but have a look on cottages4you, they have rental houses/ cottages all over UK and Northern Europe I think!

I have used holidaylettings.co.uk , hoseasons, blakes and cottages4u are all good too.
If you have a look on the scottish tourist board website that might help .

MomofDisneyLoversx3 said:
We are looking at either Scotland or Ireland. Any help would be great. It doesn't need to be fancy but I would like a reputable place to rent from.

Thanks

ireland isnt in the uk or great britain

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

MomofDisneyLoversx3 said:
Hmmm I apologize. I thought Northern Ireland was part of the uk along w/ Scotland and wales. My apologies.

Yip it is think someone else might be terrible at geography, Northern Ireland is part of the uk , Southern Ireland is not, they have the euro and it is its
own country so you were right to think what you did xxx

cherjp said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3

Hmmm I apologize. I thought Northern Ireland was part of the uk along w/ Scotland and wales. My apologies.

Yip it is think someone else might be terrible at geography, Northern Ireland is part of the uk , Southern Ireland is not, they have the euro and it is its
own country so you were right to think what you did xxx

ypu could have been clearer whether you were talkimg about ROI or NI

ypu could have been clearer whether you were talkimg about ROI or NI

Really no need to be rude. We welcome all enquiries over here on the UK board and the I'm sure our posters would have known what the OP meant.

Keep it friendly please.

have to say,no need for those two posts at all.i think we all knew what the OP meant.
i have also used holidaylettings.co.uk & have never had a problem,so can recommend that site.
enjoy your visit
tracy x

Those posts were actually rather rude.

~ Hi OP! We use HomeAway Holiday Rentals, they have a great selection of rentals all over the UK. Hoseasons is also fantastic. They rent accommodations all over the UK in lovely resorts and I would highly recommend them.
Macdonald Resorts have special apartment and lodge resorts across the UK. I have been to one in Scotland (Aviemore) and it is wonderful. The National Trust also rents out beautiful historic buildings.

Do look at all of these options! Were you hoping for a house, an apartment, a lodge, a hotel room...? I would most recommend Hoseasons- they rent out apartments, lodges, houses and caravans across the UK. Many have access to a pool and are in some beautiful places. Depending on where you want to stay, they have apartments for city breaks and other accommodations for more rural breaks.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi all, thank you so much for helping out Heather.

Just to let you know that rude poster won't be bothering us again ;-)

Hope you come back and tell us all your plans Heather :-)

Yes, please come back heather and tell us all of your plans :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you for all the positive replies. We looked high and low and found a few places that we liked. Then I looked at flights----EEEKK. We have decided to table the UK visit until next year when my youngest will be 4. We have also looked into an program at Trinity that my husband was invited to attend. It's a month long, next July. They will pay him a stipend, which will ease the cost a bit. While he is teaching, I will tour all over with the children.

Heather

sounds like a good plan Heather.
I think we all know exactly how you feel with the prices of transatlantic flights :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!